EARTH'S EMBRACE

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Spryone, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spryone

Spryone Avatar

I have a question about the Earth's Embrace skill. I have been using this tree for a while now I had thought casting Earth's Embrace was helping me with my casting by protecting me from fizzling as it is stated by the skills describtion. But lately my fizzles are becoming more of a concern as I heal or try to use my DoTs to help those I am grouped with. I looked at my casting stats with the skill up and running and without. Is this skill only good for when I cast Earth based spells? I had thought it was for any spell I was attempting to cast.

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I'm at work so I can't check the skill description. But earths embrace adds damage resistance at the cost of movement speed. It shouldn't have anything to do with fizzle.

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the fizzle reduction from equipment on the tooltip for that spell applies to that spell only. each spell has its own fizzle modifier (though the spells within trees tend to be similar).

Mac2 and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In the Focus Skill Tree, there is a skill called Follow Through and THAT will help you reduce some fizzle.

Adam Crow likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Correct. The tooltip that says "-50% Fizzle Chance from Equipment" only applies to your chance at casting that spell.

Fizzle chance has a lot of factors that go into the calculation...

All armor types have a base Fizzle Chance modifier built into them. Cloth reduces fizzle chance the most, plate increases fizzle chance the most and leather and chain are sort of in the middle (for all spells). So, depending on what you are wearing, your fizzle rate can change drastically.

All Magic Schools have different fizzle rates built in too. These really just individually adjust the armor fizzle penalties by a percentage (what you are seeing on the spells tooltip) to accomplish this. Earth and Life spells are the most forgiving, followed by Water and Sun spells. Then you start getting into Fire/Moon/Death/Air magic, which are not so forgiving. Air in particular has some with a +100% fizzle chance and so you need a lot of fizzle chance reductions (cloth or leather armor, wands, Follow Through skill, etc.) in order to cast them easily.

You may have read that - Fizzle chance from Equipment description in the tooltip and thought that that buff gave you that bonus... but that's not what it means. It just means that the equipment fizzle penalty is reduced by that amount for that spell only... meaning it's easier to cast that spell if you are wearing heavy armors.

Hope that explains things a bit.

FrostII, Adam Crow and Jaesun like this.
  6. Spryone

Spryone Avatar

Thank you everyone for explaining. I had read the tool tip as literally reducing fizzle with my equipment. I do have follow through in the 80s and knew that was helping but the -50% fizzle is what confused me. Thank you again for responding.

blacksheepboy and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.