Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

East Vauban Foothills - Rune of Mind

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Fruck, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

07/22/2018 09:45
    Title: Rune of Mind
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Could not acquire the rune of mind in Open mode - I spent an hour trying to locate it in an empty zone with no other players. I switched to party and immediately found it. Might be related to its respawn.
    Steps to Reproduce: Try to get rune of mind in open.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32727
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.720.Date.07.19.18
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_01
    Area Display Name: East Vauban Foothills
    Loc: (-42.3, -43.7, -15.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV8wMXx8KC00Mi4zMDUsIC00My43LCAtMTUuODQpfCgwLCAtMC4zODMsIDAsIDAuOTI0KXwtMzkuNzAwMTl8MjUuODM5NTZ8OS42NDk5OTE=

2. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Seems to be more to this one... I switched back to open from party and the rune was there. I can guarantee I spent an hour in open and the rune was never there. Might be an issue if someone else had picked it up.

3. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

SOTA-60784

Thank you!

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I know you spend an hour trying to locate it, but I just want to ask you something. I'll put it in spoilers so I don't accidentally reveal something to people who haven't found it yet.

The appearance of that rune is randomized. It can appear in one of several locations. All of those locations are fairly close to each other. There are two spots on the platform, one in a tent, and one in a different tent. I wonder if the rune was spawning at a place where you weren't looking, and when you came into a fresh scene it appeared at a place that was more obvious to you. What do you think?

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I mean its possible.. but I looked allllll over that area for it. Then switched over modes and it was there plain as day. I literally moused over the whole area for an hour trying to find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.