Echoes of the Last Laugh [Narrated] by Holt Ironfell

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Holt, Mar 19, 2014.

?

Who is your favourite character so far?

1. Caitlin-Ji, the assassin

16.7%
  2. Kialyra, the songstress

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jobi Mockery, the jester

33.3%
  4. Moonblade, the ranger

16.7%
  5. Ceridwen, the washed-up bard

16.7%
  6. Holt, the mysterious Grandmaster

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holt

Holt Avatar

The fourth story in the "Before the Moongate" series is the tale of Jobi Mockery, some of hist history and his fate in the Underworld of New Britannia! This one may end up being a favourite amongst the PKers who also like a bit of RP too.

"Echoes of the Last Laugh" as told by Grandmaster Bard Holt Ironfell​

A vigilante jester always has the last laugh, until he runs into an enemy with just as big a grin as his, in this psychotic and chilling tale of murderous rampage. Told by Grandmaster Bard Holt Ironfell, the fourth short story in the ‘Before the Moongate’ series.

Previous stories:

A huge thanks to Ember Isolte for her help with voice overs for the intro to each story, I think it adds a certain charm to the series, for sure.

And here is a background to celebrate the release of this story:

[​IMG]

Wax Poetica

Holt

P.S. At the end of the newest song Sharm and I did together, called "By Shattered Moonlight", there is a spoken word 'hint' that reveals a clue about the companions' motivations. Check the song out at: https://soundcloud.com/poetscircle/by-shattered-moonlight

2. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

Hey! Who is this imposter!! ;)

Incidentally, I'm at work ATM but I can't wait to listen to the story Holt! :)

DF.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

That's what I thought! o_O get the name right Holt :p it's the same style chr, just with non of the credit :(
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

4. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

I don't understand...What's the connection between the 2 characters?

5. Holt

Holt Avatar

That is not original artwork, and I emailed the illustrator a while back. I just threw that one together and I figured at least prospereau would like it. Unfortunately I don't know about his personal 'character'.

FYI his name is is Harlequin from the Shadowrun series, and that is fan art by Echo-X on deviant art.

Mitch: There is no connection between my work and anyone else's :p They're just trolling my thread.

Hope you enjoy the story!

~Holt

Time Lord and mitchellhamilton like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Actually, there are many of us that will be appearing within storylines written by others. If you haven't written in too much, I'm sure it may be worth the time in editing the name of the chr to be more fitting because of the duality of it all.
    I myself am the Time Lord for many personal reasons yet such a name is also very much a name from the original Ultima. Thus I feel as if my chr and the way that I personally present him belongs to everyone if they wish to include me/him anywhere doing most anything as the Time Lord has always been a bit of a chaotic and very pliable chr.
    I for one am looking forward to the continued story, yet now whenever I read about Jobi Mockery, I'll be thinking of Darius Flak :) because if ever there was ever a mocker that could caused a mocking bird to feel lacking in it's craft, "It's Darius Flak!" ;)

I must say, the cloths do fit both described characters quite well :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. Holt

Holt Avatar

Once I run into interesting enough characters in New Britannia, during gameplay, I'm quite sure my repertoire of characters and their tales shall increase. Though I am quite strict over the control of my work, as there is a much larger and unrevealed backstory and plot going on. These are just glimpses right now, and they aren't set in New Britannia.

Editing the name of Jobi Mockery to be Darius Flak? No.... I don't think so. I'm fairly certain Darius has his own ideas, and Jobi's story and motivations are unique to him. Why Darius should want me to write him into my stories would be beyond me -- I treat my characters quite terribly, subjecting them to inner conflict and outer suffering. Suffering that hasn't even been reached yet in the 4 stories so far. Methinks there is room for more than one psychotic jester anyway...

Thanks for reading. Stay tuned... Ceridwen's story is on the way.

8. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Wonderful story Holt. I am listening to it while having my lunch at work :D

Holt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.