1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Elad's Lighthouse Update

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Sea-Wolf, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Once for the post and another for the fact that I remembered to give Sea Wolf the run-down on how our scene-based music works? Sure!

2. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Sea Wolf here with a few more screenshots of Elad's Lighthouse. Let me know what you think!

The New Waterfall
    [​IMG]

The River
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Docks/Market

[​IMG]

Lowlands Countryside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris Wolf
    Level Designer

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. Elay

Elay Avatar

i'm loving how all these towns are coming together - they're looking fantastic, i'm blown away by how good Harvest looks and this place looks equally good.

4. Fain

Fain Avatar

Sea Wolf it is looking fantastic! I love the rocky crags. I think it would be really nice to take away some of the trees along the beach that obstruct the view of the lighthouse!

Alexander, DancingShade and Sea-Wolf like this.
  5. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

Looks amazing!

Alexander and DancingShade like this.
  6. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I placed a town home at Elad's near the north east exit by the dock that overlooks the island. On reason I placed here was the great view across the water. Hopefully the new design will maintain my unobstructed waterfront vista.

BTW any chance we can someday chose our entrance? I have an easy exit but it's a long hike across the map to get home.

Alexander likes this.
  7. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

I cant'wait!!!

DancingShade likes this.
  8. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'm having trouble keeping up to date with all this cool work you're doing! Really nice environment you're crafting.

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

great work! really like the entrance.

10. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

Being a home owner with a lot next to the top of waterfall, I can't wait to see what this will look like once it is done.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  11. Acred

Acred Avatar

I really like all the screenshots you just shared, @Sea-Wolf , and the dramatic rocks are quite a feature.

What made me stop and gaze in rapture is the waterfall. Has it already been named? Or are you going to hold a contest?
    I can imagine people wanting a way to place one near their homes, so you are one lucky avatar, @Matt Black.

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

Oh, I know it. I was suffering some anxiety leading up to my lot selection window. This wasn't helped when I discovered I would be out of town during my window, and had to try and run around doing lot selection over typically crappy hotel WIFI!

As of last night, there is actually an UNCLAIMED village lot at the bottom of the hill leading up to the current path to the waterfall!!

13. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I like your picture profile.
    The Prisoner was an excellent series. :)

14. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

I try to keep sight lines like that intact when it comes to terrain. Foliage however is placed in ways that I think will contribute to the composition of the whole scene, so you may have a tree or two added to your view. The Elad's update is generally not as forested as its previous version.

I don't think there are plans to manually select your entrance. This is determined by how you enter the map. I believe Elad's default entrance is the docks.

NRaas and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  15. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

It isn't named yet. I'm open to suggestions.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Mondain Falls! :) (Tip of the hat to Ultima I)

17. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Chris, our entrance is currently up the hill at the beginning of the scene (unless you zone in via Central Britt by boat - then you will appear on the docks). I suppose this makes sense, since if you approach by land, why would you just appear on the docks....but it would be super-rad if we did (and I'm not sure too many would complain about it) :)

Oh and keep up the great work!

18. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I think he means when we do our cross to the island and approach the town from the north east once we are on the big island. I guess current inland entry point makes sense from the ferry/Lea Lochry side, but if there is ever ferry access from near Ardonair/Wythmail side a default entry point on that side of town might be something to very well consider.

I did notice there seems to be a new path up to Lea Lochry from those screenshots? I might be mistaken. :)

All in all its a pretty exciting island to be living on, can only imagine how things will look once things are well developed!

19. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Actually, I wonder where the river starts that feeds the waterfall? If that was to wind up behind the houses at the back of the map that could be used to assist access to our neighbours up the other end.

I think there's a river on the Lea Lochry map too? Might the two rivers be connected?

Sounds like I have some exploring to plan!

20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Budner's Fall please...

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.