Elf Archer image revealed on Ten Ton Hammer

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by smack, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reco Elgred

Reco Elgred Avatar

I perceive monsters as a whole different story, if elves were however monsters or evil I would see this as acceptable, it is also going to annoy the hell out of players only being able to choose either Human or Elf as their one character selection.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

They can only choose Human at character creation.

Time Lord, skinned and OSullivan like this.
  3. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I wonder if there will be a cool way to get mutated into an Elf.... I mean if everyone has to start as a human and elves are a 'created' race which is sourced from humans then technically it could happen, right?

4. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

From the lore, creating the elves took a fair amount of sorcery involved in the mutation. I'm thinking it'll be a preset race (though it would be cool to have stuff like that ;)

Time Lord and Ned888 like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

References to Lord British are perfectly fine. That was on the one clear bit of IP that Richard was able to retain after leaving EA. But referencing events in Ultima would make your story a derivative work of an Ultima or UO game and that would not be ok. You will need to change all names, places, etc., and tweak the event slightly so it is not a clear derivative of a body of work owned by EA.

Shimano was a clever way of not crossing that legal line :)

And regarding elves in SotA, I refer to Richard's response to this when it was first revealed in a Story Sneak Peak. Here's a snippet:
    Richard:
    While I too, debated whether we should use these words, I had specifically purged in decades past, it is important to know WHY I did it before, and thus hope you agree, that it will work well for us here.

Hazard, Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  6. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I really need to read that novel, huh? ;)

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  7. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Elves are an odd thing to see. Left handed too... =P

Perhaps there will be a specific take on elves in SotA where they are pretty much an outcast, outsider race who raid human settlements and are considered savages by decent human folk or something! I hope they don't end up being the generic variety anyway.

smack and NRaas like this.
  8. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

This is all I have to say on the matter...:mad:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Elven_Heritage_Quest
    Well, actually I have a lot more to say, but I've said it several times already in these forums.
    I care more about this than the "housing issue", or any other aspect of this game at this point...if you don't care for or have a connection with your character, you won't be as inclined to stay as long or funnel additional money into the game on expansions, housing, land or cash shop items.

I'll just say, there is one thing that would cause me to upgrade enthusiastically and without hesitation...I'll let you guess what it is.>>> http://www.uoguide.com/Elven_Heritage_Quest
    But if it takes too long, the interest in the game for myself and many others may have dissipated to the point where things have just moved on.:oops:

Lets keep this game fun and interesting, it's for the greater good of all of us in the long run.
    http://www.uoguide.com/Elven_Heritage_Quest

Time Lord likes this.
  9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

People just swapping races left and right?

Sounds like anarchy!

And anarchy is so good, it should be the law!

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  10. smack

smack Avatar

Now that it's confirmed that BotA does take place a couple centuries before our arrival, that does give enough time in between for any surviving elves to take on new meaning, develop their own societies or cities even, etc. Really enjoying all the backstory reveals and the BotA chapters.

11. ricoxg

ricoxg Avatar

lol Virtually verbatim what I said when seeing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.