1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Elysium Illumination damaging Elves in Vertas Pass

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Archer, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Archer

Archer Avatar

02/05/2020 20:52
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: After spending some time in the Vertas Pass control point I noticed my combat log had lines saying that I had hit the Elves doing damage with Elysian Illumination.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go fight elves in Vertas Pass control point with Elysium Illumination in use.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 64417
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.Linux.64.1113.Date.02.01.20
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Iron Gate
    Area Display Name: Iron Gate
    Loc: (30.5, 44.5, -15.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJcm9uIEdhdGV8KDMwLjUzNCwgNDQuNTAxLCAtMTUuNDA1KXwoMCwgLTAuMDExLCAwLCAxKXwtMS4yMDY4ODV8MjguNDA0NTR8MTMuNDc4MQ==

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

There was at least one bug submitted quite some time ago about Elysian Illumination damaging anything, not just undead. I know I submitted one myself at one point. Not sure if the skill description needs to be changed or the spell fixed to only damage undead.

I have around 100 rabbit carcasses due to Elysian Illumination. I should make some rabbit stew sometime.

Numa and Anpu like this.
  3. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Why would this be a bug? You can attack anything with any sun spell .. why is Elysian Illumination's sun damage any different from the other sun spells? If anything the bug is in the skill tooltip's description. It should read "Summon a beam of light that heals friends. Also damages and reveals enemies near the player."

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. Toular

Toular Avatar

It's a bug because the spell description says that it damages undead. Admittedly it doesn't say "damages only undead", but then again, fireball doesn't say "damages everything". That makes it either a bug in the spell description, or the spell itself.

5. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Obviously it's not the spell itself. Or else all of the Sun damaging spells would be bugged. It's an error in the description due to the fact that all other sun damage spells affect anything.

6. Archer

Archer Avatar

I disagree.

The description states: "Summons a beam of light that heals those near the player, damages undead, and reveals hidden enemies." I would say that is pretty clear on what it is intended to do. i.e. only damage undead not your average bunny as it is only a beam of light not a laser. It damages undead as they are traditionally susceptible to daylight (a la Vampires).

By comparison Searing Ray specifically states it is a searing light and Solar Flare is a "wave of energy" not light. Those are the only other damaging spells in Sun and they both specifically state they do extra damage to undead.

7. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

While I do not fully dismiss your argument. I do think that a beam of light should/would be capable of causing damage to anything let alone a mere rabbit. It only takes slight augmentation via a magnifying glass to turn a beam of solar light into a weapon capable of mass genocide on various species of insect. Is there no likeness to insects in real life of a lowly rabbit in game?

8. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The concept of Elysium illumination is that it's meant to be a HEAL, that is why is should only damage undead.

I reported this bug over 30 releases ago and it never changed, I doubt it will anytime soon.