Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Emote suggestion

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Amber Raine, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Perhaps i am out of place for saying, and mayhaps they are already being worked on as i know that not all emotes are currently in game and working, however i have a list of some that i would truly like to see in game and their reasons:

/kneel - DarkStarr was in world today and one should kneel when their Liege is present, i could not and of course tho DarkStarrs response was quite humourous to me (no i do not intend to be naughty with that emote! <3 ) It has a good purpose for RP!

/pray - why should we not be able to place our hands together and look up to the skies to pray the powers that be? reguardless ones entity to pray to, we all do it ((some even pray to the Devs for things :p)

/worship - okay so this is just cause, well cause. on ones knees, bending forward with hands arms length in front of them on the ground, perhaps a movement of body up then down. Worship .. it is not unheard of! :D

other then this i truly am enjoying the emotes we presently have in game! thank you for allowing us to have more then just static figures! :D

Time Lord and Golem Dragon like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

You would need full kneeling -- two knees on the ground -- and a one-knee genuflection.

Pray could also be two things, the palms facing each other, or the hands clasped together, like in a begging position... which could be named *beg*.

It would be interesting if you could get these effects by combining compatible emotes. kneel + pray = kneeling prayer , kneel + bow = worship, etc. The full worship effect you described would need more than kneeling and bowing alone, but they could add logic to the game where in certain cases, it does more than just act out the combined emotes. But it would allow a whole range of different actions that are larger than the base emotes. So for example, you could have cross-legged sitting, and actions that go along with that.

None of the emotes they currently have in the game are persistent though... they start and then stop and leave a message in the chat window that you performed an action. You'd need something to the effect of *kneel* and then following that with *stand up*. I don't know if you really call that an emote anymore.

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Aye is true, and i like this concept of combining emotes, this would indeed give us an even larger variety of actions we could perform based on what our characters persona was truly like. As for the "beg" .. i agree that would be needed. I have no doubts we will have beggers. We already see Peasants in game.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I suspect his concern is that *someone* will use it to be naughty... Not necessarily you specifically.

Though from the sounds of this thread, having more "naughty" emotes would not harm the game : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/stupid-stag.7653/#post-131834

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

What about /dancing
    /sleep
    Using a bedroll or bed (to sleep in). Or just sitting on the ground, around a campfire.

6. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

Command aside, here are the actions I would like

Smoke Pipe
    Bash Chest with Fist
    Put up your fists and air punch a bit (That fighting irish thing / Erkel thing.. you know..
    Face Palm
    The home alone face
    Slice your neck with your thumb thing
    vomit
    fart
    do that thing with your hand where your pretend to drink a beer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.