Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Empty vendors

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Hermetic, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

A release or two ago I was going to suggest that a message should be displayed when a vendor was empty so one wouldn't have to sit and wait for a while to see if it was just loading slowly.

I decided to not post that suggestion since there is now a message that says something like, "This vendor does not have any items of sale."

Nice! ...

Except that message is displayed when one first opens a vendor whether it has items for sale or not. So one still has to wait to see if an inventory shows up after a while just like before. :rolleyes:

I just noticed this in Etceter. I was wondering why so many of the vendors were empty when I was just about to close the window on one and items began appearing... o_O I thought it just said this vendor didn't have any items for sale??? THIS isn't helpful.

If a vendor is empty it should display that "This vendor does not have any items of sale" message. If it has items to sell then it should display a message like, "Please wait while the inventory loads."

It would be nice if an icon or something showed over a vendor to show if they are empty or not so one doesn't have to click on them to check... I know the vendor owners could be nice and change the name of the vendor to let people know when their vendor is empty and when it will be restocked etc., but we all know few people will actually do that. ( Yes I know some do show such consideration and they are the ones that get return business from me. )

2. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

I'd go a step further... save us the click and make it part of the nameplate. [Vendor Name] <Empty>

3. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

How about making empty vendors only visible to players with rights to add items to it?

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I have got an public vendor in Diamond Fields.
    It's got a sign over it's head telling people when it got refilled.
    And i usually change the glowing mushrooms beside him when i refilled him ^^
    But yes, i know what the OP means.
    There is no way to tell from the outside if the venor still has stock.
    And while loading the vendor it always shows: "This vendor does not have any items of sale."

r-DotPhunky likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It has been suggested months ago that vendors should not just stand the same way all the time like idiots, but should have poses indicating their status.

Empty could be a vendor asleep; a vendor not updated in a week or a month could be sitting down, etc.

But right now there are many more important things to fix first.

r-DotPhunky likes this.
  6. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Not all heroes wear capes.

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I also suggested that empty vendors have a different posture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.