1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Enable repairs on equipment locked into inventory.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Myis, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myis

Myis Avatar

Thanks.

It does not allow you to, as a matter of fact and not opinion.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

"Locked" is supposed to mean "can't modify it accidentally." The repair kits (and the dyes) already try to repair/dye anything unlocked whenever you move them to a new container, or between a container and inventory. Even with the confirmation box, I wouldn't want it to be any easier than it already is to use up my repair kits on the wrong item, at least not until AFTER they've figured out how to tell the difference between dragging a kit/dye onto an item and dragging it to a new place.

3. Myis

Myis Avatar

So when I fight for multiple hours on end in UT and need to repair my equipment multiple times daily. I have to individually unlock about ten slots of items, that I never wish to sell, drag ten repair kits over, answer ten prompts, and then proceed to lock ten items, and redo this multiple times over, because a bag for repair kits isn't suitable for whomever else that maybe has drunk hands? NOT FUN
    I'm interested in avoiding carpal tunnel.

No need to vet a player base that'll either subject themselves repetitively to something that is basically unrewarding monotony, or just play as archers or mages. imo

I don't care if they do or do not change it, although I highly doubt I will delete this feature request or change my hand's mind.

In fact i'd love to have a toggle switch or apply repairs button in my paper doll that I can click and then proceed to click each item to repair and then turn the toggle off. Is that too much to wish for with a modern day video game on a feature wishlist forum?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

It would be nice to simply right click on an item, locked or not, paperdoll or inventory, and select repair. The repair option would only be available if there was an appropriate repair kit in your inventory.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  5. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

If it is equipped it should be repairable. Locked is just so you dont accidentally sell the item that you locked when it is unequipped and in your bag.

A warning prompt pops up when you use a repair kit so there is an extra step that makes it very hard to accidentally repair your gear.

6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

definitely a known concern, thanks for the input! :)

8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

SOTA-63041 ;)

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.