Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enchant failures - Consider tweaking the formula

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Elrond, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Just had a wand fail 4 times with 87% chance... These formulas for enchanting and masterworking are killing all our gear ...we're no longer talking about RNG when you fail 4 times with 87% ...its a broken system... my vendors are filled with failed exceptional stuff with low durability .... we spend tons of mats to get one good piece of gear and it ends up with low durability ..if it cames out any good at all.

[​IMG]

Bambino, discipleofweb and Kaffien like this.
  2. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    My guess is your enchanting is far higher than mine. Doesn't this same math plague master working as well?

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Of course it does posted about masterworking yesterday also..10 failures in a row with 50% chance ...they changed the formulas somehow.... were still making gear ...but were making tons of 30 DURABILITY crap gear with this new system ... we spend 3-4 times more gold and silver ingots then we used to when stuff blew up ... and we end up with even lower quality then before.

Spend more and get worse seems to be new formula for making gear.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/50-masterwork-failures.131358/

Bambino likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, the fail rates need a serious re-evaluation particularly at levels exceeding GM. I'm at 89% on 2nd attempts, and also have had it fail multiple times in a row. I know people can post their data showing it all evens out in the end, but the likelihood of 4 times in a row at 89% is exceedingly slim. Something is going on with successive failures, we see it all the time in failing to skin an animal 3-4 times in a row with a 90+% chance.

Honestly, I think if you invest 10x the XP to gm, you should at least be at 95% on that second go, and probably mid 80s on the third, at the least. Sure, stuff doesn't blow up anymore, but it just means we end up with more unusable trash.

discipleofweb likes this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

That's a good point now you mention it. I see this quite a bit, mining as well. From time to time you get a fail. And then you get a string of 2 or 3 further fails after that despite 95% harvest chance (in my case) .

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You misunderstand "random".

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.