Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enchanting glowing effect

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Deiniak, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

The Two-Handed sword is a pretty nice looking lightsaber :D

Hate it

Net, Xi_, Athanil and 5 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Low Beam...
    [​IMG]
    High Beam...
    [​IMG]
    Flood Lights...
    [​IMG]
    But I can still shoot up a flare o_O
    ~Time Lord~:D

Krohon, Snazz, Acred and 2 others like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

and juggle lights

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Is it like the one that Mace Windu use?

Acred, Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  5. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Do enchants and/or gem sockets cause weapons to glow or have some kind of visual effect? I haven't tampered with it this release and play mostly in friends, so don't see a lot of people running around.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I like the glowing effects. Although maybe they should add a dimming and lighting effects to show that it is eminating power. Like a pulse effect. Then it wouldn't be a light saber.

7. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

The gem alone in a weapon does nothing, if you enchant a weapon proc still no change in its appearance, aside from the awful yellow sheen. However, when a weapon hits something and it has a weapon proc it has a sound+effect regardless of whether it procs or not, there's a shadow / black cloud effect on necromancer life drain proc weaps.

8. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Aaww.....sad face....I liked the old days, when adding a gem, like the Thaumaturgy Gem or whatever, added that awesome looking lightning effect, or Ruby added...fire. Made the weapons look...well, not all the same, at least a little bit not the same.

9. Nasir

Nasir Avatar

Enchanting looks are bland, heck i'd go as far to say that armor selection is very limited on looks. Having a costume option would be nice. That way we can keep our armor but use cosmetic stuff to show over top.

10. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

I personnaly really dont like the glowing effect, just cause of that i dont enchant my stuff.

I hope they will remove that, or change that, glowing yellow like that make me crazy. Its sad to be forced to glow like that or lost the enchanting bonus cause some people dont like it.

I'm maybe the one who prefer not enchant than glowing like that but i'm sure i'm not.

Hope they will change....

11. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Yea, I don't care about the glowing. I just want, ummmm..., elemental effects based off of gem sockets, but not over the top flaming inferno style. Just subtle, yet visible effects. Ruby = Fire, Citrine = Lightning vein looking thing, Sapphire = A frosty type effect, Emerald = Okay maybe a low light/overlaid style green glow, Garnet = See Emerald, just light yellow, Onyx = A black/gray haze, not glow, but like smoke flowing up and down the blade, Diamond = White/gray haze, like Onyz....you know, opposites and stuff.

That kind of stuff is what I like to see. It also can tell you what other people are using based on the effect. As far as armor sockets and enchants go.....yea, they can stay as armor without glowing or whatever.

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I noticed a guy running with a glow around his armor and I thought it was a graphics rendering glitch.

Although I wonder if it would appear as a graphics glitch if the glow was not directly touching the edge of the item and there was space between the armor and the glow. Or sort of multilayered like the starbucks symbol. .... im not exactly sure what the starbucks symbol is but sometimes it hust looks like a body with power eminating out of it in waves.

In anycase what if a spell caster also had a the same solors eminating as they cast certain spells. Seems like ice enchantments on a weapon would have a color that looks cold, I'm sure that mysical quality could be used for other things than just enchantments like casters and perhaps drinking a potion.

The glows and work they are doing on enchantments might be valuable and possibly reusable graphics other things they have in as well. If they are spending time on it may as well use these animations for more things than just enchanted items. If an enchanted item glows one way then something similar might use that same glow just modified (like using the knight house to build other homes).

EDIT: I am not advocating a literal copy of the stabucks symbol with three wavy lines, but rather the idea of an emination... example death spells have a smoky murky dark cloud.... so the eminating power could be a subtle darkness... or whatever.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Acred, Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Dear Devs - Please make the "glowing effect" on enchanted armor optional or just remove it altogether. I have a nice set of dyed purple and green cloth armor but the yellow glow around it ruins the look.

Please consider. Thank you.

Acred, Rinaldi, Bow Vale and 8 others like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yes please

Acred, DancingShade and Time Lord like this.
  15. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'm reasonably sure what we have at the moment is placeholder so I'm sure in time we'll get something nicer.

Gatsu., Snazz and Time Lord like this.
  16. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

The glowing effect must be visible ONLY during night

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

When they release slayer weapons (weapons that earn the title "elf slayer" etc), will they also be considered enchanted and glow while striking its preferred victim?

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think the glow effect should stay, but it should only be visible in certain situations.

1. If someone casts Reveal Hidden on your character the glow should pop up.
    2. If you're in a magical scene the glow should pop up. (Example: Desolis near the Destiny Pool).
    3. During special astrological events.

Also, I think the type of maigc attunement should have a different color. Death should be a black glow, for example. Maybe the if the Reveal spell was level 80 or above it shows you the type of magic and if you're lower than that in the skill it only shows you the glow.

Acred, EtherBunny, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  19. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I don't like the glowing effect, and would disable it if I had the choice. The game has some great graphics and immersion and this just ruins that.

20. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

How about runes carved in the blades? I cannot imagine a good magic weapon, runeless! And yet, it's what we have.

Adding runes to powerful items will help the players to recognize them, without usurpating the candle functionality and without looking like some outside game sabers.

They will look nice, too! Nicer than the yellowish glow for sure.

Kambrius, Acred, StevieD and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.