Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

enchanting rings bugged

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Elnoth, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

01/11/2020 10:48
    Title: enchanting rings bugged
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: When a single alchemy ring of chrysopoeia is worn, it has no effect on the % for enchanting. When two rings are worn, the effect is seen. Two examples below proven ingame:

myself, 125 enchant, 3rd enchant 50% with no rings. Stays at 50% with either legendary (+9) or rare (+7) ring worn. Jumps 2% up to 52% when BOTH rings are worn. I would expect a 51% in there with a single ring worn?

Rinaldi, 71 enchant, 3rd enchant 46%. Stays at 46% with either a legendary (+9) or rare (+7) ring. Jumps to 48% when both rings are worn. I would expect a 47% with a single ring worn?

Steps to Reproduce:Check enchant % for sucess when wearing no rings, 1 ring, and 2 rings of chrysopoeia
    U.ser Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (12) System RAM: 24566
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6097
    SotA.Win.64.1101.Date.01.09.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Jade Valley
    Area Display Name: Jade Valley
    Loc: (-3.8, 43.4, 202.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEphZGUgVmFsbGV5fCgtMy44MTksIDQzLjQxMywgMjAyLjM1Myl8KDAsIC0wLjk3NCwgMCwgLTAuMjI1KXwxNzMuNjN8MjUuNTk2Nzd8My43NzQwNjc=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Elnoth, you're not supposed to be able to wear two of the same ring anyway. chris know it's currently in that way and plans to patch a fix so you can only have one this weekend.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@Alley Oop OK. But is wearing a single ring bugged since it has no effect at all?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...it might be? or it might be a display/rounding issue. you could run /stats and see if the actual number is going up

Anpu and Mac2 like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its just an uncommon right? If so, if your just at the right level you want see the difference. If the ring gets upgraded or you put a level or 2 up, you should see the difference, IF that is what it is.

6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

typing /stats and looking in my log files:

no rings: AlchemyEnchantmentLevel: 0
    legendary ring AlchemyEnchantmentLevel: 9
    legendary plus rare rings: AlchemyEnchantmentLevel: 16

Nothing with my base enchant level in the /stats file, only modifiers from what I am wearing

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I just tested and on second MW at 130 base with 2 legendary rings, 92%, if I pull one ring off it goes to 91%, so it is working.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

The behaviour you are seeing with the MW is what I would expect to see with the enchanting @Mac2

From a mathematical point of view it is impossible to add Alchemy Enchant +9 with a legendary ring and not get a 1% increase WHEN an extra +7 Alchemy Enchant from the rare ring then adds +2%.

There is some broken math in there. I'm sure a math expert like Chris would understand what is wrong here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.