Encounters should be the replacement for UT

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Not in the noob areas, but a good number of obviously super dangerous encounters that send wave after wave at you until you attenuate.

You'd see people on the world map all the time, parties of people chasing the encounters around.

Now that the encounter detection ranges work pretty well and load times aren't redic, make the world map experience awesome!

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, and people can teleport anywhere, so the world map is purely (mostly)voluntary. So pump up the jam!

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I disagree. Jams should be kicked out, not pumped up.

Jason_M likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

What about Pajami Jams?

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Especially Pajammi Jams.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I like doing the encounters now, since they have higher level mobs appear, but the XP isn't very good.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't see a reason not to have some Tier 8 or Tier 10 encounters now. Make them big, obvious, mean, slow. A horde of skeletons on the map, but easily avoided.

You enter, standing there in the center on the same map we always use (to make this happen faster). Over the hill to the right come the skeletons. Wave after wave for half an hour! Some badass liches at the end.

It's intended as a group event, so the first wave has to be weak enough that the first guy in can handle him while the others wait for the shield to appear on the world map, and then load in. It ramps up quickly and soon it is utter mayhem. At the end everyone should be attenuated, and can go shopping.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I like the idea - as long as it doesn't discourage new players who probably won't realize what they're in for.
    Make them more "off the beaten path", so you have to go looking for them to a degree.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, no where near the starting areas. And probably lots of them right around the market town's in Central Brit ;)

Actually, side idea.... perhaps they should be spawned by Sieges that ran too long. So then you would want to clear your sieges if you are a market town, so your customers can get to you. Unless you're farming them, in which case keep em coming!

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Since you can avoid seiges now i think that is not gonna work. I think that the color text above the roaming encounters should indicate the level of the tier per say. If its low keep it green text but elevates in color as the difficulty grows. I would not suggest High tier encounters ON the roadways. New players dont always think to try and avoid them. And then they get sucked in and upset when they die a horrible death. Keep them back a way off the road but in plain sight you can see them. The Barbarian encounters are pretty high for the most part....at least to me. The Wandering Children arent high except for Krampus...but with him going away soon that will have to change to something new. But yeah other scenes to attenuate would be nice. Frankly i hate UT....its boring and predictable. I need xp badly but not enough to kill my brain cells going down there. Mysterious Swamp is good but ALOT of running around. Staking out a specific section and waiting for respawn kinda defeats the attenuation things there.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Are gold and silver ore still in encounters? It has been a long time since I did one.

And by encounters you are talking about the on overland map bandits, skeletons, wolf, etc. right? That is what I think of by encounters.

12. Curt

Curt Avatar

My impression of encounters is that they changed from things I chase down to things I avoid

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Gold yes.

And that is what I'm talking about although a new one of course. Waves of enemies marching at you from the horizon? (once you are on the scene)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:)Just have to ask what about the 40 - 50 other scenes out there some that are still "under construction"?:(

What they did to the Mysterios Swamp is actually a travesty :rolleyes:- jamming 5 different boss level mobs in one scene with zero reasoning / mehthodology??o_O

There are Unicorns in one that is good,:D there where dragons in some that where out right Mean.;)

Lastly what other "rewards":p are you going to put in them to make them worth it, attenuation should not be and never should have been a reward. :eek: But that was lost when they did away with skill caps:mad:

Lets just work on progressing what is out there and finishing the rest :cool:before we jump off the boat completely:p and just have more areas that are just plain there to grind.;)

How about finishing control points with the level 6 special entrances that never worked.:)

there are so many posts out there asking for more and more when nothing was every really finished.:oops:

Witcheypoo and Nevyn Waldail like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.