1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Encumbrance Changes (R35)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Saw the patch notes, came to comment, and was already beat. Glad this won't be enforced in towns, sometimes decoration is painful enough already for a lowby strength character. Thanks!

uhop likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There are PVP implications here.

Someone is weighed down but can now speed through a town to put everything in their bank so they don't get looted.

Yes, we could make it so this doesn't happen in PVP towns, but then PVE vs. PVP towns have different risk vs. reward (which is already a problem in my opinion).

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Aye, yes that was mine! DS was trying to pull it all out of my account and got totally encumbered. Man that was a long 2 days!

4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

so, I want to change my base of operations from one town to another I have to make 2, 3 4 times the trip. Thanks...thanks a lot. Tedium extraordinaire

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

So, uh. How often are you moving your entire house and belongings around?

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im actually all for this.
    When going in groups we usually overload 1 player with a redicoulous amount of loot n let them hobble back to town. Same thing with mining. I fully understand why this is being implemented. Itll slow down gold farming but hey. I can see the exploiting for sure

7. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Perhaps large guilds can transfer items from A to B using the following method as a workaround?

[​IMG]

8. Kastagir

Kastagir Avatar

@DarkStarr @Berek

First off let me say I agree with the encumbrance changes, they need to happen. I feel however that its a little knee jerky. I think you are missing the game services, or game mechanics needed to make this work.

Secondly let me say that.. I'm a hoarder... like problem level hoarder...

I currently have around 20000 weight of items in my chests and bank. Nearly all of which are non-global. With my current carrying capacity, it would take me 85 trips to move it. So lets look at the numbers:

If I decided I wanted to move from Xenos, to one of the Novia PoTs (lets say I made some new friends in Righ Inis and wanted to relocate there?) - including load times that's a 12 minute and 32 second round trip on a decent machine. Which adds up to 17 hours and 42 minutes. That's without any roving encounters, or passes to go through. Or, if my new friends are happy to spend 4 to 6 hours waiting around, its around 34000 gold in teleport and recall scrolls assuming that they don't sky rocket in price due to these changes.

I'm sorry, nearly 18 hours is just too long to be doing the same repetitive thing over an over again. Without carts and horses, or a 'paid-convenience' game service to add items back to global I am concerned that movement between towns is going to stagnate.

I feel that wherever you are post R35, is where you are going to stay!

I'm interested to see how other players feel about this, surely I cant be the only one in this boat? ( I cant move all of my stuff prior to R35, because the place doesn't exist until R35 ships!)

Many thanks for your time,

Kas.

9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Me personally don't have any issue with this policy, but please fix the "Bags in Chest"
    And then we can be better organized
    Don't have to do all this heavy lifting if we could properly store things in an organized fashion.

-MH

10. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Why? There should be a minimum slow speed your character will travel on over-world map regardless of encumbrance. Period. Stopping completely because your overweight is just another nail in the coffin.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  11. lollie

lollie Avatar

Ok awesome. Though as a light-fingered decorator it's going to make my life more difficult getting the goods to my clients' houses :3

Can we please put our pack animals to use soon. Pretty please?

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The scenario of moving one's residence and entire holdings from one town to another will indeed be daunting when the new impediments kick in, especially for players like you who have an exorbitant number of things to move.

Once we have the promised "magic mover" capability, this shouldn't be a problem for players who are legitimately moving. Since the overencumbrance penalties won't obstruct movement in towns, Players will be able to easily move all their local belongings from the local bank to their lot, then move everything at once. (Of course, this will need re-thinking if the item-holding capacity of lots change.)

It occurred to me however that the future magic mover capability could be exploited to move shipments of goods instantly from one area of the map to another. Has this been discussed anywhere?

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well we should still be able to have a little bit of counters to it, strength potions that last a few seconds and other things to keep it interesting. If we know we can plan, well if given the tools to do it that is. Now is the time for pack horses ;). Traveling from mining to Wizards Rest is painful with no options or fun ways to do it. ;)

Moiseyev Trueden and FrostII like this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I know I've NEVER gone over 2x my encumbrance. If this is the limit for when I can't move, that actually doesn't affect me whatsoever. Carrying more than 800 pounds is clearly ridiculous, and I'm glad for these changes.

Black Tortoise, Tahru, Budner and 3 others like this.
  15. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Not my house, my raw materials, tools, everything I need to support my day to day operations. Think last time I moved it was 2 trips of close to 1000 pounds.

16. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

Pack mule time.

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Move slowly, end focus, stop.

Regen focus, move some more, end focus, stop.

Nowhere it's said you'd stop completely forever.

I freely CHOOSE to move overencumbered (maybe for a previous estimation mistake)? The CONSEQUENCE of the choice is a painfully slow movement cycle. Who is to blame for a choice, but myself?

18. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Yeppers, not a fan of this either

I have moved my house 3 times now, and may be moving it again

It is not unheard of for players to move - new guild with open area, towns pop up, new/old plots open up lots of reasons to do so.

First Move - Was in a guild, I am no longer associated with so moved out
    2nd move - I had to settle on a plot since the one I wanted was taken - so I took a plot but kept looking
    3rd move - had a friend tell me where they housed. Found their house, took a plot near them now they are no longer playing
    4th move - Maybe moving to another guild town not sure

19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Or find-a-volunteer-friend time.

Or open a moving business time.

Or find and pay a moving business someone-else-with-a-good-sense-of-affairs-just-opened time.

20. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

Now i want a new title of pack mule as an achievement for walking a given distance overencumbered.

Or "not so magic mover" will do in a pinch.. =)

Katrina Bekers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.