Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Encumbrance changes should have fixed item weights

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Syznow, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

Since encumbrance changes came into play I would have expected some of the items weight to get fixed.
    It very annoying to go to a crafting station when I am fully loaded with materials, craft up ingots or timbers and then end up being even more encumbered than I was with just the raw materials. How you can smelt 4 ores at .02 and then end up with an ingot that has a weight of 1 (more that the total of the original 4 ores) makes no sense to me.

This also plays into bankbox management. I can have 4 ores, but trying to save space by crafting an ingot saves me item count, but increases the total weight in the bankbox. This is currently a lose/lose scenario for players.

If encumbrance is truly important, make the changes needed for it to be sensible. I would think fewer items to manage on the server would also help reduce server load. Right now the weights don't give any incentive for players to reduce item counts via crafting since there is no advantage to players for doing so.

Net, Archer, Lord Barugon and 4 others like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Were you around when scrap weighed 1.0 each? Now that was true madness.

But yeah, I'm not too happy that an ingot weighs more than the ores that made it. Even if you consider the number to reflect "encumbrance", ingots should still weigh less. I still expect them to get around to it eventually.

3. 0Psiris

0Psiris Avatar

I have to agree with Elwyn. I can make a logical stretch that tiny baggies of ore gravel could be more easily carried than bricks of metal, but that requires some serious mental gymnastics to justify a mechanic that doesn't make sense on even a gameplay level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.