End of Founder Pledges - LotM Island castle ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Crachazz, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

So, I think some people might be waiting to see the LotM Grand Island Castle with Keeps before they consider upgrading their pledges, same probably goes for Duke level and the others offering bigger,better,nicer homes.

Wouldn't it be about time now to show ALL houses incl the one castles etc, considering that the time to upgrade pledges has almost come to an end now?

**EDIT**
    seems I wasn't so clear in what I wrote, what I meant is: The possibility to upgrade at founder level prices is coming to an end, so all pledge upgrades will be much more expensive, especially Duke -> LotM, so it would be wise imho to show off the Grand castle with keeps now, to get more people to upgrade.

Because after, they would have to pay $1K more, which I think not many would like to pay extra, for nothing basically.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Ember

Ember Avatar

3. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

uh? But it doesn't show the Grand Island castle for example. ;)

That is what I was talking about... Nobody knows how the Grand island Caste with Keeps looks like, and probably nobody will upgrade to LotM if they don't show long enough before the 7th of April.

4. Ember

Ember Avatar

They're working on it.

As per their latest Update:
    "We’ve been upgrading the SotA website recently, and you may want to check out some of the changes. We’ve added a whole new pledge page to display the pledge descriptions. For now, the pledge names in the right side-bar link to the pledge page and display the text descriptions you’re accustomed to. This new format will allow us to display the reward images along with the text descriptions. We’ll be integrating all of the reward images into the pledge page over the coming week."

5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The April 7th deadline is in regards to upgrading your account to "Founder" status from "Benefactor", if you are not already a "Founder" (someone who pledged prior to May 20, 2013).

You can continue to increase your pledge level all the way up to October, just prior to the public release of the game. :)

NirAntae and Ember Isolte like this.
  6. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Don't think that is accurate NRaas...

"Only 58 Days Remain to Purchase/Upgrade/Gift Founder Pledges
    Until the promotion ends on April 7th, 2014, Founder backers will be able to purchase and/or gift additional Founder pledges containing all the original Founder rewards, as well as upgrade any of their pledges at original Kickstarter prices. After April 7th, prices for upgrades, gifts, and purchases will increase to Benefactor prices and no new Founder pledges can be created. Don’t miss out!"

So it will be much more expensive than after 7th of April...

So they should give incentive to upgrade now, not wait until it's too late to upgrade at old prices.

Upgrading from Duke to LotM is then "only" $1000 more... So that's why I made this post here.

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Ah, you were referring to the discount price which "Founder" level pledges receive ? Sorry I did not get that from your original post.

Yes, those prices end on April 7th. After that to reach the levels you mentioned, one will need to pay a wee bit more.

But you can still pay to pledge up to those levels, regardless. :)

8. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

yeah probably wasn't so clear in my first post, multi-tasking here :D

But yeah, that was what I wanted to say, it will be only "a wee bit" more expensive, so many poeple won't upgrade after, so they should give incentive now by showing us what we get now, not a week before it's too late.

NRaas likes this.
  9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Well... If one is going to drop 10000 dollars on a pledge, I doubt a discount of 1000 (the Benefactor price is 11000) is going to make much difference in their mind.

However, it would be nice to see what the Lord of the Manor castle is going to look like, simply for curiosity sake.

I am sure for that much money, if it is not up to snuff, plenty of time will be made in the schedule to correct it. :)

10. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Anyone that was thinking about spending this kind of money I would expect them to be at Citizen level minimum already and as as such would have access to Dev section where they can see what is being worked on.

Also I believe anyone that is a founder can also see this to be able to get an idea as to when this will be done.

11. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Yeah, care to share the LotM grand castle then, I don't see it :)

12. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

DeftAvatar likes this.
  13. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Mind providing a link @Deliverence ? I looked around for a bit, but was unable to locate a thread for it in the Dev+.

I'm probably blind though. :)

(Edit: Ah, just above me. Thanks)

14. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

They post updates daily as to the stuff they are working on in the stand up corner, very useful as often what you see being worked on here ends up in the weekly update.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/standup-corner.2315/page-8

15. Espada

Espada Avatar

It is not yet available because it has not been created yet. I personally would like to see it last as Bob is getting better and better at housing and that Grand Island Castle with Keeps is supposed to be the "ultimate" house of the game.

Sir Frank and Deliverence like this.
  16. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

True true. I was more looking for a screenshot thread of some nature.

In actuality, I walked through that house in R2, simply had no idea what level it was meant for.

Thanks for the link. :)

17. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Yeah, LotM missing, that's what I mean, it's just a few weeks until 7th of april... And I for one, don't plan on paying $1000 more, and so others I've talked to. Would be perfect for guilds, but they should complete this now or they will miss out.

18. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I agree also makes a lot of sense to put these towards the end as they will have more game assets to deck out the home to make it look stylish.

19. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Hmm perfect guild home IMO is the Baron home has lots of rooms, multiple entrances and room to entertain, I'd love to pick this up myself but out of my price range.

Mad Hermits video:

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  20. Espada

Espada Avatar

While we are talking about the LotM Grand Island Castle with Keeps, what are your thoughts on how it should be (design wise)?
    Please leave your suggestions and feedback here.

Regards,
    Espada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.