End of the Road

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Two days the "Dragon" had sailed until it reached Xenos. Repairs had been made in that discreet port thanks to Josephus' contacts. The "Dragon" was seaworthy again and the crew was rested and ready to move forward and so was the Captain. He had spent two days preparing a personal copy of the Novian map and had one particular lucid dream which set out a new course for him alone.

"Lieutenant Bombardin please assemble all hands on deck, I must speak to all of you at once". Dwalin smiled thinking it was time to untie ther mooring ropes and sail onwards yet this was not the case.

The entire crew stood at attention and ready for the next set of orders. "Brothers, you have been with me on this voyage that started weeks ago in Brittany Harbor. We have sailed the Novian seas and left our mark on it. We have warned all those that would heed our message of this invasion and hopefully enough stood tall and defended their lands. To those that did not care to hell with them, they got what they deserved for being petty and materialistic. As for us. we part ways here".

The crew looked at each other shocked by the words the Captain spoke. Boris took off his captain's hat and placed it on Dwalin Bombardin's head. "Here is your new Captain. you will address him as such and obey his orders as you did with me. The cargo hold is full of gold. Half is for you brothers, you earned it, The other half will be equally divided for each major city. Seek the homeless, the widows and the orphans and make sure they do not lack anything they need to survive. As for me, I have had the privilege to have served with the best crew ever assembled on the Novian sea and leave my legacy behind for other pirates to take the call to assist ye in defending our seas. Sink those bastard obsidian ships as ye sees them. Let them fear ye and they will respect our oceans. I must now explore the land as I explored the seas and mayhaps one day we will see each other again. For now my watch is done."

Boris shook the hand of every crew member and a strong embrace was shared especially with Josephus, One eyed Jack, Captain Bombardin and Razulah. He waked over to Marak the blue dragon who paced back and forth as if he understood what was coming to an abrupt end. "Marak, protect this ship and its crew as if I was still the Captain". He took the Dragon's head and nuzzled it. This was the most painful experience for this man who had given his all to a strange land yet felt it was worth each drop of blood he had freely given.

As the sun set upon Xenos, Boris Mondragon took only enough supplies for one day and his sword. He looked back at the crew and saluted them for the last time. Moments later the vague silhouette was seen fading into the night.

Vrunk Hrrk, Audacity, Acred and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.