Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Endless unicorn farming & encounter instancing

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by redfish, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I was doing screenshots of the unicorn in the QA, and I noticed that logging out of the game from the unicorn encounter and logging back in would always bring you back to the same encounter. Sometimes the unicorns would be light, sometimes dark, but it would always be the same unicorn encounter.

This could lead to endless farming in the same encounter scene by re-logging. I'm guessing they don't re-spawn in the scene once you kill them, though I'm only guessing that, because I've never killed them. I don't think that should be possible, but I don't think logging back into endless instances of the same unicorn encounter scene really makes sense as a thing, either.

I would suggest creating a limit to how much players can do it.

The unicorn encounter is always a stag encounter on the OW. How about have it so that every time a new instance is created on log in, the player is just given a low-tier stag encounter? Or maybe even an empty encounter scene (where the unicorns have left).

Either that, or just prevent re-instancing of an encounter scene and drop the player on the OW.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I feel like if this is occurring, that this is a bug......

Retlaw likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

That's how all encounters have worked since they put them in, though. I was hoping they would have changed it when they put in the unicorn encounter, but they didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.