Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Engraved tools now trump my Prosperity tools, What!!!

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SmokerKGB, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Before they gave a bonus I was willing to pay for, now they don't. It's nice that my money is of MINOR importance to you, but to me it isn't.

Not if you read what he actually said in his post, no.

2. Magos

Magos Avatar

I suspect part of the problem is a lot of the crafting system never had a long term vision but is being made up on the fly.

The quality and abilities of the Prosperity tools, :

i) were described as being significantly better in the sales blurb when we paid $190 for them;

ii) were described by Chris - who has been the biggest voice against them - as having all the bonuses of crafted tool upgrades at a slightly lower level and capable of being enhanced (ie at a ratio of 3/5 of the best gear in game).

Taken against the background of the gathering and crafting system :

a) having a ridiculous xp system;

b) taking excessive time per harvesting attempt;

it is extremely frustrating to see crafted items being so much better than we were told they would be compared to something we've paid a couple hundred bucks for.

For me, the bottom line is the reduced gathering time/speed buff and increased quality of gathered resources is what matters. This against the background of 'Meticulous Collection' taking multiple times as long as regular gathering attempts with zero increased XP either added to your pool or applied to your skill progress. Potential solutions I'd be happy with :

i) give the prosperity tools 60% of all the bonuses enhanced tools can get at most (as we were told to expect), most especially the gathering speed buff;

ii) alternatively give a cash refund to folk that want it (this 'melt it down' nonsense isn't enough).

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Duke Olahorand, Womby, Budner and 7 others like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Depends on the tools the bonus changed, there is still a bonus.:rolleyes:

As I said it should be selectable as to what property the tools give just like the choice of tables . . . . :cool:

But still only a Minor change, nothing was removed.o_O

Who ever said a 60% :oops::rolleyes:

Look it is clear those that want to complain are not going to change their tune, they feel jilted so be it.:(

;)Development team odes need to look at what they are doing in reguards to chaging any pledge item, but this minor change is just that minor.:)

I am done here peace out not worth any more time or effort. :p:confused:

4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I often think that, but then meticulous collection kicks in and I'm there for another five minutes nervously eyeing re-spawning mobs :p

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I always looked atprosperity tools as asthetic newbie gear becauseof thier description. I recall deciding not to purchase them strictly becausei felt i could do better with in-game stuff, and i didnt care to spend that much ona small jumpstart to gathering and a rare item investment.

So im 100% sure it was clear that these were
    Im referring to the future. Tools may end up having to be replaced entirely when broken in the future.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They are usefulbeyond being unbreakable. The only thing i saw in the description of the tool was that they lack a speed bonus

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

From the info andernut posted, the meticulous and speed bonus are the only bonuses they should have.

3% meticulous and maybe 10% swift gatheringwould put them more in line with what was advertised in thier description.

I have no idea what "quality is. I suspect an early conept that changed

8. Net

Net Avatar

I think it is higher gathering level, slightly increasing the percentage of successful harvest.

EMPstrike likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just to be clear, Meticulous collection does not ever drop rare ore. The rare drop is on the first collection, all further collections with meticulous are the base ore only.

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Noric

Noric Avatar

Please don't correct me with incorrect information.

You can not get the same rare twice in a single chain, but can absolutely get rares during meticulous.

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Instead of contributing $140 for something that will be balanced into oblivion after purchase, I respectfully would not have done so if given a choice. At the time of purchase, if there was a disclaimer that these items could be nerfed in the future we would not have a leg to stand on. But as it stands such a disclaimer was not stated. I expect that such a disclaimer will now be added to all purchase offers from this point forward.

Leelu, Berek and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'm glad I was given a choice! My hand was not pushed to purchase these items, that as far as I've always read, will not be better than 'craftable' tools... If Port held that gun to your head to buy these tools, then maybe there are other authorities you should be calling... :p

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Our apologies that we didn't make clear enough the idea of the potential in needing to balance these items during the game's still in development phase :(.

14. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

all in all you can always trade them back for store credit and get something else so stop complaining as they are industructable so all in all you have an item you can use constantly or as a backup if your out in the field and your higher tier one breaks sheesh some people need to look beyond the 4 walls there in

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

You make a fair point. There was an assumption though, perhaps due to the high price, that these tools would be desirable. I guess "buyer beware" would have protected all the ignorant purchasers in this case. Once bitten though, I won't be taken in again by this kind of activity.

Fister Magee and Leelu like this.
  16. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Yes devs. going back on their word just doesnt do it for me. If they take away tax free deeds I will sell my account LOL!

The bad thing is it would then be TOTALLY worthless and I would be lucky to get 1000 dollars out of it.

Aldo likes this.
  17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Really. I fully understand the balance issue and the Alpha state of game development. Perhaps we should not offer items for sale for dear money that will morph after purchase. This whole thing is tragic and needs to be set right.

18. Noric

Noric Avatar

This whole discussion i expect is part of the reason @Chris was opposed to selling prosperity tools in the first place. Selling items that require balancing against normal ones adds quite a headache.

Womby, smack, EMPstrike and 1 other person like this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Aside from the lack of a swiftness bonus on the tools, im still not sure what the big deal is. I apologize.

If its jsut the swiftness bonus, im sure they can add a small one to it easily.

And the comment about low durability "consumable" tools leads me to believe higher end tools breaking is gonna be very costly.

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Panic Sell Wands!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.