Enhancements for Dynamic POTs - ideas?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

My short list has been for different ground structures like placeable rocks, the Steam pipes from Resolute and Brittany, the giant Pallisade fencing from the war camps or Brittany Fields/Alleys - also as a type of of fencing, old cut down logs or driftwood.

The tree stump stools from Xenos around the bonfire.

Signal fires that can be placed on towers or Obsidian towers.

Additional NPC bystanders or guards.

Man at arms NPCs that have different levels of attack skill. This would be an NPC that you could plot out their skill set and then simulate duels with (no xp). Maybe you rent him and pay him to change his skills around.

Mata, Spoon, Winfield and 6 others like this.
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Fences to match! The long sections really don't fit the description of long when comparing them to POT dimensions.

Would love to see the craftable stone and wood fences used as a test of extra long and ultra long fences 2x and 4x as long.

Solazur, Mata, Winfield and 5 others like this.
  3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

An assortment of suggestions/wish list items!

- increasing lockdown amounts in POTs for POT owners;
    - improving performance in POTs (although I think Port is already working on this one)
    - Allowing a drop-in stone quay (item) rather than a full new template so towns don't have to be totally redone.
    --- If not - then a "Magic Mover" for town items as well as Houses. (I know this has been talked about but is probably pretty hard to actually program imho)
    - Also would be really nice to snap/lock fence/wall pieces still.

DECO specific:
    - Flowers (Exterior plants and table-top vase arrangements).
    - NPC Children that we can use in our POTs.
    - bistro-type 2-seat tables with tall chairs (barstools?)
    - A large fire-pit (think of the old viking style taverns with a big fire-pit in the center of the room...)
    - Decorative (or functional) weapon racks (think a teepee of spears... a normal rack like in weapon shops... a decorative sword stand for a single sword).
    - Decorative Wall Shields (like what some of the NPC buildings have!)
    - Decorative wall crossed swords
    - A pike that we can put out front to display the heads of our enemies taken in combat (PVP Skull/Head).
    - Smaller wooden end-tables.
    - That huge 'safe' (usable as a container) - might be *very* nice to put in a guildhall
    - Hitching posts for mounts

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Keflara, Mata, Winfield and 6 others like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

For me the first

1) Custom zone-in selection points - will be wonderful when they come in - a lot of templates suffer a long run to get to town. You start in the mountains or outside a forest etc. Island and Grasslands are appealing simply due to ability to place a town close to the zoning point.

2) Offline POT experimentation - I'd love to "try out" walled template variations but don't want to go through support or upset residents of the town with frequent changes. An offline ability to select between POTs would be helpful to experiment a little.

3) Moving Occupied Lots without booting out the owner - The hardest part for me with an organically growing town is when you want to do something new it requires everyone to abandon their lot and re-claim/re-decorate it. If I could move people on the fly then it would be SO much easier when you want to add a path, or fit in a town lot where you didn't leave enough room, etc.

4) Tree Mowing and Tree Growing - Mow down the trees in an area (but be able to undo the damage!). Creating picturesque views from key POI in a town requires putting a paver down on every tree in the way of the lake, or hill, or dragon statue sight-lines. It looks a little odd, it also drops your decoration limits, and it's really hard to find all those pavers later.

5)Larger/Longer pavers, Longer walls, longer hedges - If you could combine existing hedge/paver/wall segments it would reduce number of decorations to load on entering a scene (I assume) and allow people to customize their town without running into the decoration limits. Currently the only way to get custom paths, walls, hedges is probably to go with a static pre-fab town.

6) Decoration Loading. To get around decoration limits I have some empty lots to place trees, lights, pavers, fountains etc. in a courtyard. Right now it looks like a big empty hole until you get close enough to the lot, and it unloads when you walk away. If I use my POT decoration limit they would have appeared but then again I run out of placeable items quickly!

7) Leveling ground/hills/divits - walls can be wonky and pavers not fit when you reach inclines or little ridges in the land. A static build accomplishes this because devs can place walls and roads where we cannot - and in a static build one could probably expect leveling an area for lot markers as well.

8) Water/Flower Features etc. - I feel something like the colourful grass/flowers is something you can request in a static build. Being able to place these ourselves would continue to push to make Dynamic more interesting.

9) Place pets anywhere! Let us place our owned pets (not vendors!) in the town up to X number. In fact make it work this way on our lots too please, A City Lot comes with (4?) placeable pets, if you forgo a vendor. This doesn't even cover half the pets you get with your pledge. Let alone stretchgoals/expired/add-on pets. The stretchgoals alone (which I purchased) take up more pets than I could fit on any lot.

Wishlist:

- Ability to change the look of NPC homes, perhaps pull from other towns like elven towns, kobold towns, whatever and make those decorated buildings available for POT placements. (Maybe allow setting a home you own like the FireLotus Tavern? to be set as an NPC building instead. Granted then you'll want to decorate it and people have set these down on lots just to do that already).

- Ability to choose paved paths instead of dirt ones in a POT.

- Ability to pave up an incline. Maybe some kind of paver mesh that hugs the ground.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Mata, Winfield, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  5. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

The main point of Dynamic PoTs is to give the mayor and stewards as much control as possible over the land they have, and for that, the more props are given, the better. The best way to push forward dynamic pots is to guarantee deco that actually changes the landscape, making truly unique pots.

First, the amount of water related decoration is too reduced! with the aqueducts of Ardoris some nice things could be done. Some more elements could be irrigation channels and reservoirs.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Ponds are beautiful! rustic, modern, big, small...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    AFAIK we only have a fountain, and it's the typical that's placed in the middle of a plaza... we need more fountains! and different types! Here are some prepared to human consumption.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All this water thing could be greatly improved if we had the tech that allowed us to place decoration at ground level that subtitutes ground, leaving holes or masses of water.

This could allow some extra elements of customization, like lime ovens
    [​IMG]
    or other kind of subterranean passages and decoration. I know the last one is hard to bring in, but there goes nothing!

Some diversification on the NPC building could be nice as well. All buildings are houses with things on the inside, and some customization could be great to make forges, for example.

Being able to place some assorted buildings like where the market is in Kiln could give a town square a two level feeling, lots of things can be done with that. Some other buildings could look very nice and can't be exactly represented with what we have, like public washing places off the top of my head.
    [​IMG]

Another thing that can make Dynamic pots attractive is to create more different textures on houses; different colors, different materials, different building style. The amount of choices will increase the appeal of building a truly unique town.

Mata, Winfield, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Allow banners on the sides or backs of row houses, for that matter some different basic banner colors.
    Someday Coat Of Arms.....nudge......nudge....

Allow the crafted Large Windmill Power Generators to be PoT friendly. Along with the crates, barrels.

Allow the changing of town NPC clothing and scripting of speech.

Mata, Winfield, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  7. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Are the plot fences place-able in dynamic towns?

Mata, Winfield and Leelu like this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yes they are, I use some of the ivory covered ones as deco

Mata, Winfield, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

yes, archipelago!!! magic movers too. i think the priority should be the magic movers BEFORE the new templates are released, because of people like myself who are waiting to place their stuff until their dynpot templates are available.

also, please place all expected template types in the pot form, so we can lock our forms for you sooner than later. :)

please no snap-to for item deco placement. i like that the game draws lines from time to time on the easy button, and i guarantee there will be times you want a scroll to look JUST SO..and the snap to will not let it happen.

i want to be able to place ANY deco item on a dynamic town, for decorative purposes. anything that can be placed in a lot, should be placable in a town.

also, i would like an option for stewards and above to be able to toggle a sort of 'highlight' on items that are placed within the town itself, so we can see if someone dropped a mug in the grass, so to speak.

for streams, waves, waterfalls, etc, within the dynpots, i want the ability for owners and/or stewards to change the water pressure, wave consisency, water turbulence, etc....my dynpot is just at the mouth of the bay of storms... one side of my town should have turbulent waters, while the other should be calm, as my town is a 'breakwater island' for the entrance to elysium.

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If it was done as a modifier, like the rotation, it'd be fine. Having the ability to snap isn't the same as not having the ability to freely place items.

11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

if it were toggleable. and off by default, i'd be fine with it. i'm just wanting to game to remain as sandboxy as possible in its default resting state.

@Browncoat Jayson , modifier.. do you mean like holding ctrl-and then moving the mouse, or something like that, to turn it on only when keypressed? i could get behind that.

12. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

We could very much use a bulletin board version of the crafted signs, that can hold more text. This would be very useful for both town and guild management.

Lesni, cartodude, Mata and 5 others like this.
  13. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Another idea:

- Add ability to decorate a castle wall (torches by the entry, banners, etc.) and to put items on top of the wall.

Leelu, Mata, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  14. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Indeed! ICE FISH!

Leelu, majoria70, Mata and 3 others like this.
  15. Winfield

I really like this! Many row houses in real life have a backyard/backdoor and not always backed up to other row houses. The row houses around castles like Warwick Castle are great! Who in Europe can tell us more about Row Houses?

[​IMG]

So possibly a new Lot Type:
    • Double Row Lot - a little larger.
      • Another set of Lot Markers added to the POT owners set of markers.
      • Double Row Lot Size is 2 x 5
      • by comparison, Row Lot Size is 2 x 3
    • Double Row Lot Houses
      • For starters, have two sided house. Not easy I bet, maybe just add balconies out backside and have back door?
    Great idea in my opinion! Wow.

16. Winfield

I like this personally, what better way to announce an attack (or an event).

17. Winfield

THAT would be worth touring towns to see who has killed whom. I hope there's never a Winfield head on a pike! Great idea in my opinion! (not with a Winfield head of course).

18. Winfield

Wow! To have some deco that "goes into the earth" if that's possible would be grand! We need "roman baths" right, with heated water, steam coming up (No fish in the baths, sorry. That's even yucky for me! I'm not fish bait.)

And the aqueducts in ground or above ground... imagine linking aqueducts like in Ardoris around your POT!

Superb notion in my opinion and truly offering dynamic ideas! Thanks!

Leelu, Mata, KuBaTRiZeS and 1 other person like this.
  19. Winfield

When we have many stewards, we sometimes run out of deco, and we have to "find" the POT deco around the scene. If/as more fine-grain deco is allowed in POTs (mugs, apples, etc.), we will need a way to "find" all this stuff that our stewards drop all over the place (no offense Sean Silverfoot, but all those arrows you drop around need to go!).

[​IMG]

Leelu, Mata, ThurisazSheol and 2 others like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.