Equip Quest NPCs with Blue Torches

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I ran a couple people through the Grand Tour quest this weekend to get the Shardfall Cloak, and one of the most difficult pieces was finding NPCs in the dark. Even when the compass markers are working to show where an NPC is, there are some places (cough, cough, Brookside, Isle of Storms, cough) where you can walk right past the NPC at night without seeing them.

While most of these will use their blue-twinkling come-hither waves, I think at night having them equip Welcome Torches with the nice blue night would be a great way to help locate them. @Lum the Mad could even give them a response to "torch" to point them toward attending the Welcome Quest.

Just a thought. Thanks!

2. Jesterhead

Jesterhead Avatar

why not just put exclamation points above their heads?:rolleyes:

Black Tortoise likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Blue torch would be nice.

4. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Even just a regular torch would be great

Jaesun and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Well, what might be more immersive is, these NPCs occasionally speak - especially when they hear an approaching avatar at night.

Maybe they cough, mumble to themselves, or say "is someone there? who is sneaking up on me in the dark?!"

Players can see the text on the screen and in their console.

Its night, its dark. Youre not supposed to see well without torches or (magic) skills. No blue torches please, that is very "exclamation-point-above-head-ish". Regular torches? Do NPCs just walk around with thousands of torches in their pockets? I could see some torches perhaps in the newbie quests, but I think fumbling around in the dark for anything is just how its supposed to be. The NPC would hear you coming, and youd hear subtle cues that theyre standing nearby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.