Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Error During Update: Sorry Can't find game to launch

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Lord Baldrith, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Blocker: Yes
    100%
    After trying to patch and crashing, restarting launcher...instead of patching it goes to this and will not continue patching. It gives me the option to Re Entry or Force Launch. Force Launch does nothing when clicked on. Re Entry goes back to the updating client and then does nothing. Then I have to click on Launch game again and get the same error.

Processor: Intel Core i7-6740 CPU 3.40 GHz
    Installed memory: 32 GB
    System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Display Adaptor: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    Windows 10

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

I am getting this same error now. I am currently re-ininstalling

patcher downloaded one small file(maybe 10seconds) Now it is stuck/frozen on Downloading latest version information.

So re-install has to be canceled as well now

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I've got this happening here too.. not reinstalling yet.. what's broken? Patch 497

edit: reinstalled game, then it worked.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thank you @Lord Baldrith, @Animosh and @Fister Magee for the reports, and sorry for the issues and frustration with this. In the recent releases, we continue to have reports of the launcher crashing or becoming unresponsive. While this is being investigated, the conventional wisdom, as applied by Fister Magee above, is to uninstall and re-install, which regrettably requires a full download. This issue is a bugger to track down, so any and all details that might help identify a root cause or way to reproduce this would be greatly appreciated!

(additional details added to existing report)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/cant-close-qa-launcher.68023/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/launcher-hangs-after-launching-game.66195/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...a-launcher-update-is-once-again-bugged.68145/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/cant-update-qa-build-game-crashes.67775/

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Tired of reinstalling the game was hoping to avoid that.
    Ah it seems to be updating now!
    **it says one of your patch files does not exist...hopefully it can repatch again

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

For the more information part of this thread:

what I was doing? I logged into my house in Ardoris. I entered my basement. My basement loading progress did not move off of 0%. It sat there for 3-5minutes at 0%. I then force the game closed via task manager. I then opened the launcher. A small file downloaded and then it tried to upgrade to 497. This progress bar Also failed to go beyond the 0% mark. I left this screen up for a good 15-20(estimate) minutes. I was watching youtube videos at the time(the know channel). After the time had elapsed and it was still at 0% i forced the updater/launcher closed via task manager. Ran the launcher again, no update even tried to download. then the OP errors began. I can post computer specs when/if needed

7. Baliverne

Baliverne Avatar

Hi same problem cant patch 499, launch et block to 4% and down 0. I try to reinstall all the game. The dowload ok but during the unzip phase part E, message error not enough place to unzip the last part. My hard disc Have 550 G free. So im a little lost.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.