Escalating boss difficulty for farmers

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If a group smokes Krampus (for example) and is staying there to do it again, crank him up on the next battle.

Jason_M and Pifester like this.
  2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Perhaps there could be a chance that a monster that is repeatedly killed in the same instance could respawn as frenzied - an aether version, more or less, but with a different visual effect.

I'll bet a lot of people wouldn't like it, though.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think it would be pretty cool @Jason_M

King Robert likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

too bad to many people do not kill them for the "thrill of the kill" they want rewards for it so this idea is great as long as you do NOT increase exp or loot.

But sadly the game is already down the road catering to players who have min maxed so much that the only thing left to do is scale things up to adjust to them.

people would not like it because of what I said, not worth it.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I do it for the thrill of the kill, and when it's a guild thing it's often for the Quest associated with it. So if we need to kill the Phoenix 4 times, I personally would really like it if it was more powerful each successive time. Same with Krampus, he's a really cool fight if he's at the level that is challenging, but if you roll in with too many people (and it's hard to know the exact number, you can't blame the players for being overkill), then he's too easy.

But if he got harder the second time, third time, etc, until he lived for a good four or five minutes (meaning a tough fight), then stayed at that difficulty, it would be very exciting.

And if he is ramped up to hard, why not give a bit more XP? No one is XP farming him right now, but if they fight him five times and he's super tough on the fifth time, let them get some XP for it. We need more spots than UT and Control Points anyway, and Attenuation makes it so that no one can overdo it anymore.

Pifester and Jason_M like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.