Escape skill could use some balancing

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Echondas, Mar 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

This skill is still pretty ineffectual for me in parties - once a dragon or something is 'locked' onto me - even using a full 5 stack of Escape and continued use - won't get the creature off me until I'm dead.

Grimbone and Numa like this.
  2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Imho its main purpose for me is to drop move modifier debuff. Work extremely well for me as well. Not sure about it agro drop possibilities.

Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Same. But you need to be specialized in light armor to get that bonus. I suspect that the aggro drop part only works well if something else is attacking the mob.

4. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

The escape skill only sometimes works for me, but I haven't leveled it much.

I suspect it needs more range. I often need to move closer to the enemy for it to work. That doesn't really make much sense.

Also, I think it should be moved to the tactics tree or subterfuge tree. (Low tier on either.)

Finally, I think there should be a light armor passive set that reduces your general aggro and bonuses all stealth and aggro-reduction buffs, and a counterpart skill under heavy armor that increases taunting buffs that draw aggro away from opponents. This would improve armor selection bonuses for group play.

Echondas and Numa like this.
  5. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Agreed. I have it GM'd. The range is part of the issue. As you said if you're getting hammered by a mage or archer you have to literally run to them to get them in range to ignore you. Even then, it is hit or miss as to whether it actually does something. And now, well you've run right into them. I'd love to see this skill working properly and with more range.

Fenris

Milca, Echondas, Grimbone and 2 others like this.
  6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It would also be nice if the skill didn’t need to be targeted to a specific monster - it would be nice if it was self target and just caused nearby (AOE) mobs to turn their attention elsewhere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.