1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67032] Esmeralda's Tea Leaves

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Bedawyn, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

05/03/2020 01:25
    Title: Esmeralda's Tea Leaves
    Reproduction Rate: 2/2
    Blocker? No
    Details: It looks like this quest has recently been changed into a daily, which is more realistic (it makes her look less like a junkie with mysteriously large pockets :) ). However, one of my characters had two sets of tea leaves picked up before the quest was changed. Esmeralda took both, but didn't give any reward at all for either, and returned dialogue saying I'd given her nothing. She also added a "get tea leaves" task to my list, when I was already trying to hand over the leaves.

Steps to Reproduce: Return to Esmeralda with pre-change tea leaves?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1193.Date.05.01.20
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (11.8, 194.0, -453.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDExLjgxMywgMTk0LCAtNDUzLjQ0Nil8KDAsIC0wLjQwMiwgMCwgMC45MTUpfDI3ODUuOTYzfDguNzI1MDU3fDM=

Echondas and Araminis Darkblade like this.
  2. Araminis Darkblade

Araminis Darkblade Avatar

about same issue here past few days she acts like she takes tea leaves and gives no xp/gold and then the icon pops up to gather tea leaves again.

3. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Same for me, happened on both my new avatars.

She takes the offered tea leaves but replies "You tease" and tea leaves appear back in your inventory.
    Monday 5th May 18:00

4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yep. Before writing the OP, I had doublechecked and could not find the tea leaves I'd had previously in the "Give Quest Item" window. After I tried to give her the first set of leaves, the quest window clearly showed only one set remaining. After trying to give her the remaining set, the quest window showed no leaves in my inventory.

However, after writing the OP, I later noticed both sets of leaves that she appeared to have taken were back in my inventory again. I hadn't come across any elves in the meantime, so they must have been the original leaves that she appeared to simultaneously take and refuse.

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I just traded her 10 elven tea leaves, and she took all 10 - but there was no gold or exp given:

[5/4/2020 5:09:20 PM] Echondas: tea leaves
    [5/4/2020 5:09:20 PM] Esmeralda: Oh! You have elven herbal tea leaves for me? Oh joy! I can't wait!
    [5/4/2020 5:09:20 PM]
    [5/4/2020 5:09:25 PM] Esmeralda: Nothing? What a tease. Guess I'll have to dip into my rainy-day rations.
    [5/4/2020 5:09:25 PM]
    [5/4/2020 5:09:34 PM] Echondas: tea leaves
    [5/4/2020 5:09:34 PM] Esmeralda: Please don't forget to bring me any elven tea leaves you find. But only once a day! I'm not made of money, you know!

6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Been seeing that as well. I think we know who the tease really is. ;)

Echondas likes this.
  7. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Update: Went there with a different character this time, one who had no pre-change leaves but quickly picked one up, before receiving the task to do so. (That's one of the problems with doing this as a daily -- as Echondas' 10 shows, those leaves drop pretty frequently. It's almost impossible to play one game session getting the Banner of Courage without ending up with a dozen or more leaves. If you can then only turn that dozen in one per day, it'll become a frustrating waste of time pretty quickly. And you're almost guaranteed to have the leaves before Esmeralda gives you a task to get them.)

Anyway, this time she again gave me the new task while stealing the leaves I already had, with the same conversation Echondas quoted. This time I quadruple- and quintuple-checked: after speaking to her, there were NO leaves in my inventory, despite the conversation that didn't acknowledge taking them. A hour later, reloading after a Unity crash, yep, the missing leaves were back in my inventory.

8. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

I have the same problem...…….get quest for tea leaves, go out and get some elven tea leaves. Head back to Esmeralda and:
    Rambo: tea leaves
    Esmeralda: Oh! You have elven herbal tea leaves for me? Oh joy! I can't wait!
    "put elven tea leaves in the windows"
    Esmeralda: Nothing? What a tease. Guess I'll have to dip into my rainy-day rations.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The reward for tea leaves is now working in build 1276.

[10:43 PM] Heru: elven herbal tea leaves
    [10:43 PM] Esmeralda: Oh! You have elven herbal tea leaves for me? Oh joy! I can't wait!
    [10:43 PM] You receive 250 gold!
    [10:43 PM] You gained 16000 experience needed for skill development!
    [10:43 PM] You gave an item (Elven Herbal Tea Leaves) to Esmeralda.

08/28/2020 22:44
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1276.Date.08.27.20
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (2.3, 194.0, -455.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDIuMzExLCAxOTQsIC00NTUuNDcpfCgwLCAwLjY1MywgMCwgLTAuNzU4KXwyMDc5LjAzNHw0Ny43NzE4NXwxMy4zNDg2OA==

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.