Estimated delivery: Oct 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AvatarGG, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvatarGG

If you remember the Kickstarter days, the estimated delivery date for Episode 1 was October 2014. It's february 2015 now. I have no problem with that, I very much prefer a polished game released in Q4 2015, or even Q4 2016.

But, I think Portalarium should send an email to every backer explaining the reasoning behind the delay. Not everyone reads the forums or the weekly updates, especially the more than 4000 Kickstarter backers that have not yet linked its account.

2. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

They can always make another video and insult players that gave them negative feedback, like they did before.

Seems to work. :rolleyes:

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I think sending snail mail is a moot point. Portalarium would need to send an email asking for everyone's address first.

And I agree - another roast video would be great. ;)

4. AvatarGG

What? What are you talking about? I've seen most (if not all) Portalarium videos and I can not remember that "insult players that gave them negative feedback".

Montaigne likes this.
  5. digriz

digriz Avatar

Nobody mentioned anything about snail mail, I'm not entirely sure the moderator read his comment thoroughly. OP merely suggested sending an email to people informing people of a delay. Out of respect to the people who may still think its due out sooner. The Mods response didnt even really address the statement, instead talks about physical mail? Very odd.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  6. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

where is said video?

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but as I remember it, the October 2014 was when backers would be able to play the Pre-alpha and release they would be shooting for 2015 release.

Themo Lock likes this.
  8. AvatarGG

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  9. AvatarGG

No, as can be read in Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter page: (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013)! Estimated delivery: Oct 2014

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ah, I took that as we'd have our hands on it in an alpha such state Dec 2013 not that we would have the completed game by that date, and dates are subject to change as unexpected things crop up and push dates a bit further(especially with mmo's). I suppose I look at it different but I could see how it could be confusing to others. I can also for example, from the Pioneer pledge (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013) so I never assumed the game would be feature complete and delivered in 2014.

11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Oops! I must have misread the OP as regular mail. In either case, I still personally view it as a moot point. I don't think they posted directly on Kickstarter that the game was going to miss the October 2014 deadline in favor of having a more complete game however, with how many updates they have posted on kickstarter that link directly to their forum posts, KS backers have every opportunity to stay up-to-date with the development process.

As far as it saying estimated delivery of October 2014 on the KS site - I'm pretty certain somethings on the site can't be changed once the fundraiser is over.

And for those asking for the roast video, it can be found on Portalarium's youtube channel.

EDIT: Thread reopened. You are welcome to provide constructive feedback to the development team in accordance with the Forum Rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.