Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Etceter Crag Mines

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by sgl2586, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Went for a bit of gold and silver today in build 716. New Elysium had a reasonable mob density and at ALevel 77, Ranged build, felt like it was more challenging than the previous earth elementals (mostly due to the crit RNG from archers).

Went over to Etceter Crag Mines. This run, I stayed on level 1 (top). Decent ore spawns straight from the entrance (breakable walls). However, the mob density and tendency for ghosts to pop out of the walls making it 4-6 mobs in camp at a time made this quite difficult in comparison. Not sure if the Ghost agro range should be toned down, the mob density toned down, or what. The volume of nodes doesn't seem to justify the risk associated with 4-6 mobs at a time.

On previous runs (r48), I went down to the bottom level and found the items to get past the barrier. However the named Lich (Lord....Something?) would 2 shot me with non-crits (was red at the time, and fully agro). So those extra gold nodes that were added on the other side of that? Doesn't help unless you can get past that. Maybe its been adjusted since then. But with Level 1 being risky w/ mob density, and the extra nodes being impossible to get to, not fun.

Rentier, Leelu and Hermetic like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

this one had 8 mobs...

[​IMG]

counting the number of dead mobs... this one had 10... o_O

[​IMG]

Numa, Elrond, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  3. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

It was probably an extra half hour to an hour (didn't keep accurate time) to gather the same amount of gold as I did in Elysium. Since these are the primary T5 mines, I would expect some degree of parity? Maybe I am insane in that. Granted, Elysium w/ light armor and sprint (or gust, take your pick) can reasonably negate the distance for nodes...

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Looks like a good time.

Aldo and Kabalyero like this.
  5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've noticed the same thing. The mobs seemed to have increased quite a bit in this release. I've had 6 ghosts and 2 skele's pounding on me. Elysium as well. You want to be a good strong character to survive that junk. Looking to start messing with warding stones after that :D

Numa likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've been in Elysium all evening. All the ore is on the lower level and I've only encountered a maximum of two mobs at a time.

Rentier, Olthadir and Kabalyero like this.
  7. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

I am using Elysium as a comparison (since that was recently reworked/released), Etceter is the problematic one : p

Numa likes this.
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

When they increased the alert range a few releases ago, that was when the ghosts and skellies up top side really started to cluster. Respawn rate up top is still way way degraded from what it used to be. I typically have to collect the first floor and move down before a respawn on the first floor will occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.