1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Eternal Jewelry - high end jewelry with free lifetime repair

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Lazlo, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If you're looking for long lasting high quality jewelry, you should check out my vendor, located in Baubbleshire.

My vendor in Baubbleshire is very close to the docks where you zone in from Novia. It's on the first lot on the right. It is named "Dar Jewellery".

Baubbleshire itself is right next to Kiln, by the way.

All of the jewelry that I sell has the +50 durability bonus and is at least triple enchanted. I also have GM level weapon (jewelry) enchantment, so bonuses look like this:

[​IMG]

Almost all of the items are triple enchanted, but there are also a few quadruples like these:

[​IMG][​IMG]

For convenience, I also keep my vendors stocked with all of the different jewels and ward jewels so that they can be socketed immediately.

All items come with free lifetime repairs. If the maximum durability of your ring or necklace drops to 30 or below, contact me (Dar), and I will fully restore the item free of charge. If the item has already had several major repairs, I may choose to instead replace the item with an identical item or a superior item with the same bonuses.

For anyone that's curious, this is the formula that I use to produce prices:

Code:
    var GoldOre = 50;
    var IronOre = 45;
    var Coal = 6;
    var Mandrake = 4;
    var MetalScrap = 3;

var SmeltingFee = 20;
    var SmithingFee = 30;
    var EnchantingFee = 40;
    var EfficiencyBonus = 1.245;
    var Mold = 1;

var IronIngot = ((IronOre * 2) + (MetalScrap * 12))/EfficiencyBonus + Mold + Coal + SmeltingFee;
    var GoldIngot = ((GoldOre * 4) + Mold + Coal) / EfficiencyBonus + SmeltingFee;
    var IronBinding = (IronIngot + Coal + SmeltingFee) / 2;
    var IronCoil = ((IronIngot * 2) + Coal + Mold) + SmeltingFee;

var Necklace = (IronBinding * 5) + Coal + SmithingFee;
    var Ring = (IronCoil * 2) + Coal + SmithingFee;

var ExceptionalChance = 0.27;
    var NonExceptionalValue = 8;

var ExceptionalNecklace = (Necklace/ExceptionalChance) - (( 1/ ExceptionalChance) * NonExceptionalValue);
    var ExceptionalRing = (Ring/ExceptionalChance) - ((1 / ExceptionalChance) * NonExceptionalValue);

var Enchantment = (GoldIngot * 5) + (Mandrake * 10) + EnchantingFee;

var Ench1Chance = 0.95;
    var Ench2Chance = 0.86;
    var Ench3Chance = 0.48;
    var Ench4Chance = 0.15;

var Ench1NecklaceCost = (Enchantment + ExceptionalNecklace) / Ench1Chance;
    var Ench2NecklaceCost = (Enchantment + Ench1NecklaceCost) / Ench2Chance;
    var Ench3NecklaceCost = (Enchantment + Ench2NecklaceCost) / Ench3Chance;
    var Ench4NecklaceCost = (Enchantment + Ench3NecklaceCost) / Ench4Chance;

var Ench1RingCost = (Enchantment + ExceptionalRing) / Ench1Chance;
    var Ench2RingCost = (Enchantment + Ench1RingCost) / Ench2Chance;
    var Ench3RingCost = (Enchantment + Ench2RingCost) / Ench3Chance;
    var Ench4RingCost = (Enchantment + Ench3RingCost) / Ench4Chance;

This results in a price of 11,040 gold for triple enchanted exceptional necklaces and 12,750 for triple enchanted exceptional rings. Obviously not all enchantments and combinations of enchantments are of equal value, so I mark up 25% for the most popular (3x greater stat) and mark down 25% for less desirable combinations.

None of the jewelry that I sell is already socketed, which also of course means that none of it has special jewel specific enchantments. I might add it at some point, but for now I'd rather not.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me here, or in game (Dar).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Lazlo, your prizes seem to be pretty fair.
    But I do not understand how you can provide a free lifetime repair for that prize.
    Would you accept gold ingots for payment ?

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Jewelry doesn't wear down very quickly, so it usually takes quite a while before an exceptional piece needs a full repair. I have a lot of random crowns stocked up, so I don't think it will be too much of an issue. If it turns out to be a problem I'll stop doing it, but I'll still always honor it for people who have already purchased as long as there isn't some huge game mechanic change that makes it impossible or someone somehow exploits it.

Yes, I would accept gold ingots for payment at a rate of 208 gold per ingot. That's the same rate I charge for it in the above formula. I don't mind doing something like that once in a while, but I should say that I don't want to make a habit out of bartering.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Hornpipe, David Thompson and StarLord like this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

@Lazlo I'd like to commission the following jewelry... please let me know the total.
    • Four triple-enchanted exceptional necklaces w/ 5 STR and the third enchantment being in this order, Dex, Health, Focus, Int. If you happen to get Weapons Swiftness Chance, I'd take that too above all else.
    • Four triple-enchanted exceptional rings w/ 5 STR and the third enchantment being in this order, Dex, Health, Focus, Int. If you happen to get Weapons Swiftness Chance, I'd take that too above all else.
    I realize the cost associated in making these as well as the time involved... just PM me the details and I can provide a chunk of the gold up front for cost of materials.

Thanks!

EDIT: Filled my entire order in one day... amazing service and jewelry was perfect.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

done

For anyone else wondering about special orders, in most cases I will charge the same prices for special order items as I would if they were listed on one of my vendors, because usually the things that people special order don't cause me to diverge much from the choices that I would normally make when enchanting items. It is possible for that not to be the case if someone orders something that doesn't align with the usual choices though. For example, if someone wanted a quadruple enchanted ring with both dexterity bonuses and both focus bonuses, that item would be ridiculously expensive, even much more so than a normal quadruple enchanted item, because making the item will result in far less valuable failures than normal.

In any case, I don't mind taking special orders, so if anyone doesn't find the combo that they're looking for on my vendors, they can feel free to request it. I do a lot of mining, so I can usually take care of orders pretty quickly.

Numa and David Thompson like this.
  6. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Nice selection.
    I have got a ring and a necklace (not too expensive :)
    Quite useful, recommended

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Today I updated the pricing formula in the OP to current market values, but the pricing is still the same. While the value of ore has continued to rise, I lowered the fees, both because there are probably more people now with high level weapon enchantment, and because I'm lazy and I didn't want to reprice everything.

Thanks to everyone that has been a customer. Since posting this thread there has been over 1 million gold in jewelry sales, which is much more than I expected to have at this point.

StarLord likes this.
  8. Aeso Wondah

Aeso Wondah Avatar

Several Major Repairs??

I understand you can only MAJOR repair items once ! Items - especially jewelry, is not intended to last forever.

9. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Today I moved my jewelry vendor that had been in Brittany Estates to Novia Market and updated the directions in the OP.

Unless there has been a very recent change that I am unaware of, items can be repaired with crowns multiple times, it just requires more COTOs to restore the original durability the more repairs the item has had.

Numa likes this.
  10. Aeso Wondah

Aeso Wondah Avatar

Whoa ! I did not know, I am going to test it !

Cheers !

11. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Love these kind of player run crafting systems, good work!

12. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Bought a ring and necklace... I love the prices and selection!

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Lazlo
    Not sure when it happened, but rings now take 2 coils instead of 5! Oh happy day! They're actually cheaper to make than necks.

Lazlo likes this.
  14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Thanks for letting me know. I will try to get my prices updated today.

Rings are still more expensive since 1 ingot makes 2 bindings but only 1 coil, but now a ring only takes 4 ingots to make instead of 10, so it will be a pretty significant price decrease.

15. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Oh you're right on the bindings! Too used to making bronze and getting 1 ingot from 2 for everything lol =(.

Lazlo likes this.
  16. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Just updated the pricing formula and prices on all of the rings to be in line with the new recipe. Most 3x enchanted rings are now 16k instead of 23k.

17. gadget

gadget Avatar

can you provide map coordinates to your vendor please, or details on where you're located (relative to other towns, islands, etc.)

18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If you take the path south from Central Brittany along the river, Baubbleshire is just off the path on West near Kiln. Once inside Baubbleshire, it is very easy to find the vendor because all of the vendors in town are close together and right where you enter the zone. You can see Dar Jewellery from where you enter. It's on the right, close to the shore.

gadget likes this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

gadget and Lazlo like this.
  20. gadget

gadget Avatar

appreciate it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.