[Event - Chapter 2] - Avatar's Pet Story Contest

Discussion in 'Portalarium Events & Calendar' started by Katla, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katla

Katla Travian Community Manager

[​IMG]

The heroic deeds of the avatars that helped our farmer find his animals didn't go unnoticed and aroused the interest on Novia's furry friends. And old but witty writer, famous for the success of his countless novels has been hired by a nobleman to write him a personalized story about his numerous pets. Unfortunately, the writer has never had any pets himself and doesn’t know anything about them other than the fact that they need to be fed from time to time. Therefore, he’s asking your assistance, Avatars!

Tell him a story about your pet in New Britannia: About your first encounter, how you care for them, how much work they are. About cute wide eyes, fluffy fur, cold snouts, brightly colored plumages or even scales. Or about an amazing adventure you had with them, and how it’s all worth it for the joy they bring. Tell him a story that moves to tears, makes him laugh, that gives him the chills or inspires to think and make him understand what it means to be a pet owner and to help him deliver a decent story.

You call that shameless plagiarism? Nah… Of course, you will be paid for your efforts. Check out the prizes and sharpen your quills – we count on you!

--------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION DETAILS:
    • Contest period: Submit your creative writing as a reply to this thread until Sunday, September 23.
    • Length of text: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
    • Style and Content: Your text should be directly or indirectly related to your adventures with your pet in Shroud of the Avatar. It can be a comedy, a drama, a horror or anything else. You can write from the perspective of your Avatar or your pet.
    • Visual aids: Screenshots are required, please include at least 3 and not more than 5 screenshots. The screenshots should be without UI (Press F9 to remove UI).
    • Submission limit: We accept one submission per person.

WINNERS AND PRIZES:

Submissions will be judged purely by quality and originality of the story and the screenshots.
    • The author of the best piece will receive:
      • 1 x ghostly pet of your choice (Ghost Dog Pet, Ghost Cat Pet or Ghost Raven Pet)
      • 45 COTOs
      • 50 x Taming Collar
      • 1 x Unlock Pet Dances

• Further 2 great submissions will receive:
      • 1 x Grey Great Dane or 1 x Black Cat
      • 19 COTOs
      • 20 x Taming Collar
    Good luck, Avatars!

DISCLAIMERS:

Since this is a value-based contest, a committee of judges will be formed at Portalarium and Travian Games, and any tie breakers will be resolved by the committee. Any disputes or disagreements in the community on who ultimately won will NOT be tolerated as an open discussion in the forums, but sent a private e-mail to support@portalarium.com. Anyone attempting to subvert the contest in any way is subject to an immediate suspension and/or disqualification from the contest.

Inappropriate or vulgar entries are prohibited and will also result in immediate disqualification.

Entries containing any of the following are considered inappropriate:
    • Sexual content or references
    • Disparaging race, gender, or group of people
    • Drug or alcohol abuse
    • Death or suicide of persons real or fake
    • Graphical bugs
    • Depicting the state of the game in a negative manner
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PLEASE SEE COMPLETE RULES FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Question for clarity: Does the pet need to be an animal pet or can it be any "companion" available to us?

3. Katla

It can be any Pet ( for example the automaton is also accepted).

Lady Kathleen and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Please define ‘abuse’.

Brewing, toasting and drinking is a part of Shroud.
    Taverns, barkeeps, inns and other such establishments are a usual setting/backdrop in the game and in our stories.

Do we need to cut all of that out of our entries or is it allowed up to a specific point?

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  5. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Bucket of Bolts
    [​IMG]
    Greetings all and Well Met,

I would love to introduce to you my pet. It is funny how he came to even be my pet – Or maybe I am his pet because I do everything for him.

Well as the story goes it all started with a mechanical man called Gus. I was running around the lands they call Blood River when I found a tiny dormant automation monkey. I examined the monkey thoroughly and found a tiny label on its toe that said “Property of Gus.” I did not know who this Guy was but felt it was my duty to find Gus and bring him back his tiny dormant automation monkey. I searched high and low until I came upon a cave deep in the north woods of Blood River. Inside this cave was a sort of home and this is where I found Gus. Gus was an automation himself but he walked and talked and fixed things, so he said.

I asked Gus if he could fix his cute tiny dormant automation monkey so I could watch him play. It took some time but in the end he did fix him. The only thing was he had one piece left over. This piece was a bolt. I asked Gus about this bolt. Gus told me that whenever he works on this tiny dormant automation monkey he has one bolt left over. He also shared that the next day the tiny dormant automation monkey runs out the door and is gone. The monkey is gone, until someone finds him again and brings him back to be fixed.

I asked Gus if he could make me a wonderful pet like his monkey. Gus’s response was, “Sure I can, but I would need a few more bolts than I have collected so far in that bucket of bolts in the corner.” I knew this meant I needed to collect some more bolts. So I took off to find the Elf camp that I helped earlier that day. I wanted to see if any of them could come help me find more bolts. I just knew for some reason there had to be more bolts.

When I got to the elf camp the leader was so impressed with me for helping his village that he assigned 3 of his greatest people to the task of helping me. One was a mage named Merith and a warrior name Wistari and a ranger named Rhistel. We all gathered some food and gear and off we went for our adventure. While we were out searching we came upon a large dark cave. Wistari started to spin a tale that there once lived a dragon in this cave. Merith got so excited she begged us to explore the cave.

Once we were inside the cave we did find a large beautiful dragon. As we tried to sneak closer for a better look at the dragon, he spoke. The dragon said, “Come in my friends, I will not eat you today. I have a task that needs to be done. That is if you are willing.” Rhistel piped up with a loud, “Of course, we can help you, Drago.”

Drago explained how she came upon a baby automation dragon but it was broken and was hoping she could find someone to fix this baby automation dragon for her so she could take care of it as if she was her mother. I begin telling her that I know of an automation name named Gus and he fixed a tiny dormant automation monkey. I told her, “I am sure if I take it to him he will fix this baby automation dragon for you.” Drago agreed and handed me the baby automation dragon.

My party and I took the baby automation dragon to Gus and explained how Drago wanted to be its mother. Gus loved the story and fixed it right away. Only this time after he was done the bucket of bolts was full.

Gus, said, Yes, I do believe we have enough bolts in the bucket to make you a wonderful automation companion. Go ahead and return the baby automation dragon to Drago and make sure your friends Merith, Wistari and Rhistel get home safely. Then return to me and I should be finish with your new and wonderful automation companion.

I did as Gus said and when I returned I was greeted by the most joyful Bucket of Bolts Dog I have ever seen. Of course I named him Bucket of Bolts.

[​IMG]

I built a garden for him and me to play in with statues of our wonderful elf and dragon friends.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

[​IMG]
    There once was a hunter with a dog in the world of Novia, that I knew.
    He was always wandering the forests hunting for deers, bears and
    anything that has leather pelts to sell or craft.

One day I stumbled against him, wondering if he had a home to stay. I
    walked up to him asking him this exact question, as I knew a beautiful
    woman. She was an half elven, half human owning a beautiful forest
    nestled deep in the britanny forests. Where I was living in a house gifted from her.

He answered that he did not really needed a home to stay, he explained
    that the forests are his home. While listening to this hunter, I noticed
    the dog. It looked like a wolf. I asked the mysterious hunter if I could
    pet him. He said it was alright and told me that he had him since he
    rescued him as a puppy in the forest.

The hunter continued his story about the puppy, there was a bear that
    attacked and killed the mother and all the brothers and sisters of the
    poor puppy. He did not think twice before he jumped in front of the
    little poor puppy and attacked the bear with his bow. After a few good
    critical hits, scarring the beer with an X on his eye the bear fled into
    the forest to never been seen again.

I asked the hunter, if he ever met this bear again. He answered: No, but
    if I ever do. I will finish my revenge on him.
    The hunter walked away, the dog followed him into the darkness.

It was pretty obvious that they were a dream team together.

A few years passed....

While hunting in a deep dark forest, I noticed a dweller
    sitting next to a tree. While closing up I heard him crying. I could
    not believe it, it was the hunter. But the dog.. was not with him.
    Carefully I asked him what happened.
    [​IMG]
    He told me, that a few weeks ago he met the bear with an X scar. And that he finally wanted his revenge so he attacked the bear together with his dog. While he was fighting the bear not noticing that a lich started attacking his buddy. Running and firing his arrows he heard a very hard scream... AAIIiiiiii. After killing the bear, He looked at his buddy laying on the ground. The lich disappeared into the darkness. The hunter hugged his dog, while the dog passed away. His best and only friend, gone forever. He yelled, Nooooooooo!!

With tears in my eyes I listened, he asked me if the offer was still valid. I told him: Yes, you are always welcome to stay at my house in the peaceful forest.

Weeks passed and the hunter kept inside the house reading magic skill books. I wondered what he was up to. I looked at the books, and it were books of evil death magic skills. He told me he had a plan. But the longer he kept studying those books, the more evil he looked.
    Some time later, I woke up because of the house shaking. I ran outside, scared of the house falling apart. It was the hunter yelling: I FEEEL IT NOW. MORE POWER, MORE POWER!!!
    His powers were so strong, growing even stronger until there was a huge blast of dark red light, a total wreckage explosion occurred. The house was totally destroyed.
    [​IMG]

He ran into the forest mumbling evil magic words, it felt like he was casting another spell. This time it was a spell of bringing back the dead. I ran after him into the forest following the red lights effects.
    The only thing I could hear was, I will bring you back. We will be together for always.
    I walked towards him to find....
    His dog back to life. Summoned back from the dead. Not at all the same dog, it was an ugly looking zombie dog...
    [​IMG]
    They seemed happy.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  7. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I am surprised that Feeyo and I are the only entries so far..... Come on people get creative.....

Feeyo likes this.
  8. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

It takes time to write in a foreinge language.

Net likes this.
  9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Noticing on my poor english writing skills, English is also a foreign language for me. :)

CatherineRose and Lady Kathleen like this.
  10. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I would really love to read more stories!! Come on People Show us what you got!

11. Katla

It can also be submited in spanish, french, german or portuguese.

Jaesun and Feeyo like this.
  12. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Wonderful

CatherineRose and Katla like this.
  13. John Gault

John Gault Avatar

The Angel of Light
    by John Gault

The small black cat just appeared, seemingly out of thin air next to where they were playing. It didn’t seem to fit in with the other cats in the makeshift camp on the outskirts of Soltown. Its fur was well groomed and had a shine on it that made the mid-day sunlight dance.

“Hello kitty cat,” a young boy said, kneeling to pet the cat on the forehead.

The cat welcomed the attention as if it had known him forever. The boy looked to be about 12 years old with knee length breeches and a grey shirt. His hair was brown with streaks of blond, but that just looked to be from too much sun. The boy was obviously fond of cats.

“She’s beautiful!” a young girl’s voice noted. “What’s your name?”

Startled, the boy replied, “I don’t know what her name is. How do you know she is a girl?”

“I meant your name, silly!” the young girl said giggling.

“Oh… I’m John,” he said, stumbling over his words. “You’re Aurora, right?”

“Yes,” Aurora said while smiling and blushing that he knew her name. “and I can just tell she is a girl. I just know.”

“Oh.” John muttered in unquestioning resignation. For the moment, he had forgotten about the cat and was staring at Aurora. Her hair was a bit lighter than his and was up in a pony tail, which John seemed to be mesmerized by. She was about the same age as him and had similarly worn clothes like most of the children in the camp. She was quietly confident, but she too had temporarily looked away from the cat and seemed to be captivated by John’s eyes.

The cat brushed up against john’s legs, reminding him of her presence. “I think I will keep her,” John said, half because he had always wanted a cat of his own and half because he wanted to impress Aurora.

“What will you name her?” Aurora asked.

“I think I will name her Kiki.”

[​IMG]

“We won the battle, Kiki!” John said as he burst into the room.

Kiki was unstartled sitting on the back of the couch licking her paw. John continued into the room throwing his saddlebags and weapons on the floor as he moved to sit on the couch.

“We have pushed the Dark One’s armies back at every turn and now, we have dealt a fatal blow with this last battle. My division led the attack and we broke the enemy’s lines.” John added with a smack of pride, “As captain of the division, I will certainly be commended. I’m sure to be knighted now.”

Kiki jumped down from the back of the couch onto a cushion and nuzzled up against John’s arm. John leaned back on the couch and stretched his legs out.

“And the best part,” John said as he started to smile. “Aurora was there to meet me when we returned. I know she loves me, Kiki. I am going to ask her to marry me.”

Kiki was unfazed as she settled into a comfortable position next to his leg. John brought his hand down to gently stroke Kiki’s fur as he gave the black cat a serious look.

“Don’t think I don’t know what you are, Kiki!” he said with a very serious tone. “Our fortunes have done nothing but improve since you came along. We made it out of that horrible camp, came to this city, I have the love of the most beautiful woman there ever was, and now, I have risen to Division Captain and am sure to be knighted.” John took a breath and continued, “I know that you are an Angel of the Light!”

Kiki still seemed unmoved.

“I don’t know why you chose me but thank you!”

[​IMG]

“She’s gone, Kiki!” John said as he opened the door. “After 8 years of marriage, I am alone.”

Kiki walked on the floor. She did not seem to notice that John was in the room.

“And our army is being pushed back from all directions. The dark one’s forces have appeared from out of nowhere and attacked us at every critical point they could find. I will surely be removed as Knight Commander of the Army.”

Kiki still seemed to ignore his presence. John walked closer and looked down at the black cat, now sitting and facing the other direction.

“I can handle defeat, but how could you take her from me?” John started to cry, “I wasn’t even able to be here when she passed!”

Kiki remained oblivious to his despair. As John continued to cry, Kiki looked up as if expecting something.

John’s tears slowed for a moment and he returned his gaze to the cat, “Why? Why is this happening to me?”

“Because you have always been mine!”

The voice came from a black form that appeared behind John. It was a good three heads taller than John and was clad in a black cloak and hood. Light seemed to struggle around its form which gave it the appearance of a dark glow. Kiki seemed unconcerned with the appearance of the dark figure but acknowledged it with a glance.

[​IMG]

John spread his arms as if in one final appeal, but it was not enough. The Dark One raised his hand towards John, a black cloud swirled around him, and he was gone. Almost in the same breath, a cloud swirled around the dark one and it too disappeared.

For a moment, Kiki sat alone, still seemingly unaware of everything going on around her. Then in the corner, a bright light shown, and a woman appeared. Kiki turned to face it, very much aware of the light.

Aurora was clad all in white and she looked directly at Kiki. “You are going to pay for this!” she said with all the malice she could muster.

A swirling black cloud appeared around Kiki, and the black cat disappeared.

“You are going to pay for this!”

Cerus, Datendrache, Cianna and 4 others like this.
  14. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Spirit and the Dream

by CatherineRose

"Come sit by the fire so that I can tell you about when I was in the last great war. Be very still and listen to my tale. This is true story of persistence and love. It is a true story of the past and of the future."
    Old Greyfox sat on a log by the fire as we gathered around because we loved to hear the stories of when he was a young lad. We would listen very quietly because Greyfox had a habit if he thought that we weren't paying attention would take his cane and pound the ground to gain our attention.
    He would also stand up lean on his cane and go back to his little hut when he got sleepy, which he often would do. The stories would end until he would come back again to tell another story. We never wanted them to end. He kept us enraptured with his stories. So it was this day he began like all the others with a rap with his cane on the ground. We knew then he was about to begin.

"The war was nearly at it's end Greyfox said. We were all so very tired because of the battles we had endured. Some of us were injured and some died so all of us were ready to find rest and go home to those we love. I was walking near our camp one day and in the near distance I saw the most beautiful sight I think I had ever seen. A pure white mare was standing there. [​IMG] Her white mane flew in the wind and her tail wiped around her body. At that moment she reared up on her hind legs and whinnied as if she were calling someone.[​IMG]

Then in a moment a little foal that had been standing behind a tree came running over to where the mare was standing. The two of them seemed to be in conversation with each other. The amazing thing happened next. The mare had seen me standing there watching and both the foal and she came prancing over to me. As they came I realized they had something important to tell me that day so I stood very still so as not to startle them in any way."

Greyfox stood up and started to rap his cane as if he were about to quit telling the story. "NO, please go on we want to hear about the beautiful white mare and colt."

Greyfox said, "Oh, so you want to hear what happened next he asked with a chuckle in his voice and a smile on his old face."

That day was the first day I met Spirit. She became my companion that day so when the war was over she came home with me to Dragomir Mori where we lived, until her death, with Duchess CatherineRose and her husband, Dragomir.

Shortly after that day Dragomir had a tragic accident and met his death after I arrived back in Dragomir Mori. That is when I noticed that Spirit seemed to know how to help Duchess CatherineRose heal from her pain. Spirit started telling her stories of her ancestors lives.

One time she called her colt, named Spirit also, to her side with sad instructions for her baby. [​IMG]Spirit said " I will not be here in this life much longer my sweet, beautiful little baby.. You must pay close attention as I tell you these things so that you can continue looking for a special day , for a special dream to come true, just as I have been looking for the special day all my life. It will be your turn to continue in waiting in the hopes that in your life time that there will be dragon eggs found and hatch so that once again dragons will soar through the air with riders on their backs.
    [​IMG]
    When I was a young colt like you my mom told about how there were dragons flying all around. There were many different colors of dragons. Some of these dragons would swoop down to the earth until one young girl who liked to ride on my back said she wanted to ride on a dragon so she could fly in the air like a bird. I told her that no one had ever ridden on a dragon before mainly because the dragons were so fierce looking that most were frightened to get close to one. I told her that I would talk to the dragons close by and ask if she would be allowed to ride on them and fly with them.

The young girl was so joyful that day. At that moment there was a dream that was born that day in her heart that has existed all through her young life and into her last years. Her dream was to ride the dragons and fly in the air bringing joy to all people. She wanted everyone to feel the wind in their faces and the freedom of complete joy as they would visit various new places in Novia and the Hidden Vale. She wanted them to know this land was filled with wonder and joy. She wanted their hearts to be so full that where was never room again for fear, anger and mistrust. There would only be room for the freedom of love.

About that time evil Obsidians and Cabalist started killing the beautiful dragons. They shot them with arrows and poison swords. They would cut the heads off as trophies for their tents. They never used the meat for food or the skin for clothing. Soon most of the dragons were dead.

"One dragon, Greyfox said, was especially fond of your mother, Spirit, and told of dragon eggs being laid in the sand in Novia." These eggs were the last eggs this dragon laid before she died and therefore ending the glorious sight of dragons with a rider on the backs of them." The special dragon told Spirit that when the Obsidians and Cabalist were defeated she was to search for these eggs. These eggs would awaken and rekindle the almost forgotten dream of seeing dragons with riders flying through the air again. Spirit, as she was dying, told young Spirit never give up this dream. As long as you live keep the dream, In dreams all of us become better and more caring. We become loving and kind as we follow our dreams. Do not quit your dream. Do not quit your search for these eggs my beautiful colt, my precious Spirit."

Old Greyfox wiped the tears from his eyes as he recalled the story of meeting Spirit and of his continued love for her colt and for Duchess CatherineRose who often delights in the tales of Greyfox's adventures.

We all turned with a start as the young Spirit called with much insistence for us to come and see what she found. We followed her as fast as we could to a hole in the side of a mound. Rocks were on one side of the mound so it was a bit hard to see what Spirit was so excited about at first. Her voice rose to such a pitch that we knew this was not just an ordinary day.

There in the mound being uncovered by Spirit's little hooves were three perfect dragon eggs!.

Suddenly there was total silence and tears on every face.

Greyfox got down on his knees even though it was not easy for him to do and cried with all of us as we witnessed the hatching of three beautiful baby dragons. We knew then that soon dragons would again have someone riding on their backs and flying through the air. We were witnessing the miracle of a dream that was born years ago yet no one ever set it aside or forgot.

There by the campfire that special day, with tears streaming down our faces, the life of a dream, a dream born many years ago, came true !

15. Katla

Amazing entries! this is just a reminder you still have time to send in yours!

16. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

The Proud Squirrel

T’was a quiet morning in the mountains so high,
    Clouds were all gone and the ground had just dried.
    I stretched with a yawn and took a deep breath
    With coffee in hand, relaxed and sat down on a bench.

While sipping my brew, the tree started shaking
    A squirrel came out and the surprise jolted my waking.
    Skinny it was with matted and weathered red fur,
    Looking for food while moving fast as a blur.

[​IMG]

Tossing some bread on a spot on the ground,
    It grabbed a few pieces and looked for more all around.
    I said, “Hi there, my friend, I see you're alone.
    You are always welcome to live here at my home.”

“Never!” it spoke, in the tongue of a Squirrel,
    “The thought of living here makes my tail full burl!
    Just see what I can do without this home that you speak!”
    And off it ran southwards to follow the creek.

I pursued it until we reached the town far below.
    “This place is so cheerful, not covered in snow!”
    “Why sit in one place when there’s so much to see?”
    While I tried catching my breath, the Squirrel decided to flee.

[​IMG]

I chased it to a castle and up inside a great tower,
    Running short on my breath and low on willpower.
    It said, “See, your home is not great, it’s really quite small!”
    With that it then turned and ran straight down the wall.

Exhausted but running quickly down the castle’s old stairs,
    Rushing past servants that voiced out their cares.
    My thoughts were focused on this little beast that’s so proud
    And if my own views on life were just obscured in a cloud.

[​IMG]

“The life of a Squirrel must be interesting, indeed.”
    My said to myself as I raced down like a steed.
    We stopped at a vista that to me was entirely new.
    It said, “Just look at this land, it’s a magnificent view!”

And finally the Squirrel was tired from running all day,
    So I gave it some food picked up on the way.
    Now our weary bodies were slowly refreshing
    And our minds were filled with this scenic impression.

[​IMG]

Resting and admiring this bold little squirrel,
    We swapped stories of friends, adventure and peril.
    Suddenly it rushed with the speed of a swallow,
    And ran up the mountainside where I couldn’t follow.

Up and up it did go and vanished into a crack.
    I waited and waited but it didn’t come back.
    Left my heart feeling empty but filled just the same,
    So I returned to my home high over the Plains.

A few days later, the old Squirrel returned.
    “I’ve missed you, friend, my respect you have earned.
    The world may be big but good friends are few!
    I think I’ll accept, Sir, and stay here with you.”

All of my friends come in so many sizes,
    With many personalities, tones and curious guises.
    The nature of squirrels may always evade me,
    But my new furry friend is now at home in his tree.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Gaelis, Cerus, John Gault and 8 others like this.
  17. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Understanding each other is important

"Leeroy, where the hell did you run off again?

Her voice is close, but I still have some time to finish those creatures till she reaches me. She will find me, like she always does. If not, I will have to search her. That's how it works between us since we were bound to each other. I still remember the sounds of our first meeting.

"Look an obsidian bear."
    "Really, where? Are you sure? I'm fed up with all those brown bears."
    "Do we approach like always? One attacking, one slowing him down, one healing and you tame this guy."
    "Never change a runing system. Attack."

"That's the tenth collar he is biting trough. A stubborn one."
    "Stop joking around and focus on taming. You will pay the repair of my armor if you don't get him down."
    "You both calm down. This is not our first hunt. Luckily it is not a spider."

"What a beauty, look in his blue eyes."
    "Don't be fooled and watch out for his teeth. Look at all those scratches on my armor."
    "Stop complaining. You are just jealous."
    "Do you have a name for him?"
    "Not yet. He proofed that he is strong, needed 17 collars to catch him. I hope he will show this power also in future combats."

I wonder if she disappointed with me. Most times when she talks to me her voice is filled anger, resignation and fear. I'm aware those sounds she directs at me have meaning. But although we are together for a long time, I still don't get a grip what she is saying.

"Stupid bear. Don't run off."
    [​IMG]

Ahhh, she catched up to me. See what I have done for you. Praise me and I want to eat salmon when we get home.

"Don't look so proud, Leeroy. You should know it is dangerous to run around alone. The second I take my eyes of you, you are gone. Give me a rest, I'm not as fast as you. You need to understand that I have to protect you. What will you do if you get hurt and I will not be there to heal you. Don't make me worry. I don't want to lose you."

[​IMG]
    She puts her arms around my neck, she is praising me. I hear her heart beating fast in her metallic nutshell. She is still wearing it, when we are on hunt. I do my best to protect her, but it seems she still doesn't trust my stregth. Calm down little human. Nothing will get close to you. Not even those walking bones that I smell just a few steps away. I bite carefully in arm. Let me go and fight. I show you how strong I am.

"Am I to heavy Leeroy? Ohh, You seem hungry after this fight. Good thing that I bought the fish just before we left. Just stay there a second."

What is she searching in the bag? Who cares, those walking bones are close. Has she not notice them. What would you do without me human? I will protect you.
    [​IMG]

"Not again. Wait stupid bear. LEEEEEEROY."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  18. Cerus

Cerus Travian Senior Community Manager

Your beautiful stories created joy, excitement, suspense, sadness and laughter as we were reading them.
    Those stories show how much love and passion there can be between us and our fluffy/graceful/metallic/undead friends and how precious (or deadly in some cases) the moments are, that we spend with them in New Britannia.

The team went through the submissions and we are happy to announce the winner(s) of the contest:

Winner Submission
    Congratulations to @Datendrache for his outstanding poem about the furry, red friend and their journey. You have won:
    • 1 x ghostly pet of your choice (Ghost Dog Pet, Ghost Cat Pet or Ghost Raven Pet)
    • 45 COTOs
    • 50 x Taming Collar
    • 1 x Unlock Pet Dances

Runners Up
    Congratulations to Leeroy, the bear of @Sindariya, for his fantastic story about his mistress Sindariya and how he protects her.
    Congratulations to @John Gault for the chilling story showing us that still waters can run deep and that even the cutest cat can turn out to be your biggest nightmare.
    You two have won:
    • 1 x Grey Great Dane or 1 x Black Cat
    • 19 COTOs
    • 20 x Taming Collar

Also congratulations to
    @Feeyo for a dark but beautiful story about a friendship, that lasted until death... and beyond.
    @Lady Kathleen for a great story about 4 companions on an adventure of bolts and metals, and how it was rewarded with a new metallic friend.
    @CatherineRose for an awesome story about the graceful Spirit and the (re)birth of an unforgotten dream.
    For your great stories we have decided to reward you with 9 COTOs each :)

The event has concluded and the rewards will be distributed in the following days.

Stay tuned for more events in the next weeks!

19. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Congratulations to the winners! :)

CatherineRose likes this.
  20. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Congrats to the winners! Thanks @Cerus for 9 COTO's. :)

CatherineRose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.