EVENT: New Britannia Call to Order

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Duke William of Serenite, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

*These notes are littered throughout New Britannia.*

Ladies and Gentlemen whose hearts desire order out of the chaos. Your prayers have been heard, our Spiritual Leader High Priest of Order Father Aquila will be giving New Britannia's first Call to Order sermon.

Light Upon you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The date and times of the sermon will be Sunday, 22 February at 10-11 AM Central US Time. Please bring all your friends and family! /zone Aquila. Or simply visit Kingswood just outside Kingsport.

This event and others can be found on Avatarscircle.com. Also please do not forget to tune into Avatars Radio to hear events live on Radio!

2. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

3. Duke William of Serenite

Hence the light in the universe was wrought from darkness. So it is for the Father of Order. In a Chaotic moment the Church of Order is born.

For not all the darkness in the universe has the strength to put out the light of a single candle!

Light Upon you,
    Brother William

Vox Aquila, Father Aquila and Tahru like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

5. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

May it be known on this day...

I, Amber Raine, shall not take up a fight against Order.

I shall not take up the fight that was called forth in the name of Lord British...

I do not believe in any way that Lord British would have wanted things this way..
    Infact I know he did not..

I do not bend to the will of others... No matter how far you wish to assassinate my character...
    And spew forth lies to destroy a peace that has been created between us all..

Your betrayal this day... your blasphemy.. shall be your own undoing..

I have no need to do anything.

~signed and stamped with a waxed spoon mark and delivered by the wings of her raven~

6. Amber Raine

The foolish humans forgot something quite important..
    My sister is one with the flames.. I am one with the rains..
    Ember likes to play with fire.. She was sent in my stead..

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

You could have used a Mirror Image.

Vox Aquila and Tahru like this.
  8. Amber Raine

Metagame in the Spoiler - *only* Open if you can keep in game and out of game comments seperate.. don't be a metagamer :p
    OOC: to be honest - I only *just* came up with that to figure out how ... "I" would survive *that*..... which was repeatedly told "this is so not going to be good" and have witnesses that heard him say "it won't go like that" in team speak... It *did* go like this so i had to come up with something quick.!

And mirror image you can not tell them where to go... or what to do.. or i would have ;)

9. Womby

Womby Avatar

So, the Call to Order turned out to be as rooted in evil and treachery as the vile Obsidian cloak worn by Aquila, and condemned by Lord British.
    This malformed parody of virtue was stillborn, and served only to highlight the ineptitude of Order.
    Only Chaos can deliver freedom. Order represents servitude.
    Only Chaos can deliver creativity. Order represents conformity.
    Only Chaos can deliver change, and without change there can be no progress.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I put up screenshots of the event on the R14 thread.

Vox Aquila, Father Aquila and Tahru like this.
  11. Amber Raine

May the voices of those who wish to be free of their binds be heard
    May the voices of those who seek to uphold the truth in Order be heard
    Together may our voices be lifted to show the true compassion of the 8 Virtues!

This mockery shant go unanswered, nor shall we let the extremist win..
    Up with truth and down with the false hoods of the Obsidian and their attempts to create war!

United we shall stand my friends, seperated we shall fall.
    Let our voices be heard!

12. Duke William of Serenite

When Light enters a Dark room it sends the Darkness running.

"Thou shalt enforce the law of Virtue, or thou shalt die as heretic."

Vox Aquila and Father Aquila like this.
  13. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Beware false prophets claiming to be acting in the name of Order o_O In time, their true nature shall be revealed :rolleyes:

14. Amber Raine

In the light of these extremists only shadows linger..
    For it is writ, the lords of shadows and darkness spoke these words
    Through the tongue of an innocent man they used as a vessel.

For it was in their wake they wished to wash the land in shadows of their own.

Shall we allow this risk to fall upon us again as it almost did then?
    Voices shall rise against these extremists in the name of the Virtues
    May the true followers of Order rise above these that would black mark your path!

In freindship I, myself, choose to stand with them, and take down our common foe!

Who will stand with me?

15. Celith Wraine

Celith Wraine Avatar

I stand with Amber till the bitter end and those who try to enforce the virtues by force shall die as a coward trembling in fear as we destroy them utterly every single of them , death comes for you.

16. Leetah Aketa

Leetah Aketa Avatar

I will stand with amber, though I am told I am orderly, enforcing virtues on someone takes away free will that cannot stand unless you want mindless drones

17. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

We of the free will must find solace in these darkest days.

18. Duke William of Serenite

OOC : Lord Blackthorn also created Chaos so that Virtue can never conquer all..

In character: Be wary for Chaos is what keeps us from the Light of Order. For it was created to be a thorn in The Virtues side.

Do we continue to live in Chaos and seeks its comfort?

Vox Aquila and Father Aquila like this.
  19. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I stand with you, Amber. I stand with you not because you are of chaos but because I am of order. I am also of the virtues which I believe MUST be upheld in ALL acts of order lest we descend into darkness. Order without the virtues is merely an act to enforce the will of man. This is an act of subjugation, not of freedom. To attempt to kill someone for simply believing different than you, is not only against my own morale compass but it flies directly in the face of of the virtues.
    • Before we can stand up to call ourselves worthy of speaking to Order, we must first understand the Sacrifices we must make in ourselves to truly understand the Virtues. For order without virtues, is Tyranny.
    • There is no Humility in making the act of killing in the name of you or your beliefs a public spectacle.
    • There is no Valor in execution of any kind. Nor is there Honor in killing one who has not raised a sword to you.
    • The act of killing or demanding fealty strictly because you are for an idea as mercurial as Order or Chaos takes away the very concept of Inner Spirituality that the virtues were founded upon.
    • To invite someone to a stage in the act of friendship only to turn around and call them a heretic and attempt to kill them, that is showing neither showing Honesty or Compassion
    • And to seek to murder someone simply for what they believe, with no trial or due process shows a gross lack of Justice being applied.
    The quote, "Thou shalt enforce the laws of virtue, or thou shalt die as a heretic." was a quote from the VIRTUE LAWS. Laws that were corrupting order through edicts put out by Lord Blackthorne! These are laws from men of the darkest of hearts who corrupted the virtues and those who passionately followed the tenants of Order in order to subjugate and enslave the populace of Britannia. The CLOAK worn during this ceramony was of the Obsidian Order, a group who enforced order through a similar set of rules in order to subjugate all of what was left of the planet following domesday. Again, a group trying to enforce order without following the path of the Virtues.

If this is your inspiration, then the only "light" you stand for is that of a tyrant and a dictator. It is a spit in the face Lord British as a paragon of the virtues, and a black mark on the reputations of those of us who truly understand the virtues as they apply to both Order AND Chaos.

As a scholar of our lands and history and as a man who walks the path of Order with the Virtues well in hand, I consider this a black day indeed.

20. Womby

Womby Avatar

Virtue does not depend on order, for if that were the case there would be no such thing as "random acts of kindness". Nor indeed would virtue tolerate love - that most chaotic of human emotions. Thus do Chaos and Virtue exist in harmony, without the need for order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.