EVENT: New Britannia Call to Order

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Duke William of Serenite, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Imagine a society without Law. The strong walk around with no one to stop them. The weak become oppressed and forced into slavery. Why because there is no Law to govern their actions. Look at nature, where the strong look for opportunity. A Lion does not chase the strongest buck. It waits for the young and the weak who straddle behind. They take without question, they rule nature and bask in the sunlight!
    For man is inherently wicked and Love is like a chain of obligation, broken at every opportunity to serve self interest. However fear is maintained by the dread of punishment that will never abandon you.Laws are placed to put fear in peoples hearts so that they know that they must give thought to their actions. If no one enforces laws these wicked men take without question. Do you not want a law that protects your belongings from being stolen? Do you not want a law that punishes the murderer that killed your wife? What if you are too weak to take revenge? Law is there to protect the weak from the strong.
    Then why give chaos sermons in towns that are governed by law makers? Do you not embrace chaos?? Do you enjoy the peace that the law makers have created?
    Then go to the wilds and eat in the wilds with nature for that is what you fight for. A society that does not have any restraints no laws, as it is in nature where the only law is that the strong survive to live another day. The weak perish and die to let the strong live on.
    I challenge anyone whose hearts bleed for chaos to live in a society without laws. Go form your communities where eveyones actions are left to their own devices.No rules no wrong, no right. All that is left to do is survive. Sleep on the floor because walls and shelter was man trying to control the elements creating Order out of chaos. Remove your clothes because you no longer have shame! Eat and crawl on the floor as an animal does for there is no more Order in your heart.

You will ALL crawl back to these towns you frequent for food, shelter from the elements and LaW.
    You hide behind guards that protect you in towns, with Law! Yet at their backs you spew poison claiming that law is wicked and even in the face of the Light of Order you call it blasphemy.
    Yet when you were weak and that guard saved you from being robbed, who did you thank?
    LAW!For chaos only serves the strong and oppreses the weak.
    Chaos was created so that Virtue can never prevail!!

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Those who seek control fear chaos, because chaos is about losing control. If order is logic, then chaos is emotion. Chaos is fear, hate, joy and love. How can we overcome fear if there is no fear? How can we rise above hatred if hatred does not exist? Where is the joy and love in an ordered world? Banished, because joy and love are emotions, and all emotions are by their very nature chaotic.

Without chaos the ordered mind cannot create. There is no random spark of inspiration. No innovation. No discovery. Every thought is ordered and predicatable. Every existence is tedious and pointless.

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

As much as your words and our thoughts have meshed in agreeance more often then not. I also want you to realize, they were under the "false" pretense of order. They were under "a" order but it sure as hell was not Lord Britishs' Order. Or his views of the virtues.

You were shocked Sunday? I am still sick to my stomach, and visited by nightmares, (which only help to feed embers heated desires for blood) and have had my people guarding the church boundaries in case attempts on my life are to be had again. I have been trapped in my box, forced against my own choosing into something that I would not have or be. Not for long, not for long. I am not bending to them. As behind these walls, I become stronger each day .. i do not sit to stale here... Oh when I am able to be out.. they shall pay for their actions.. Ember is already hungry for it.. yet I keep her at bay.. for now.. for now..

These that chose to perform this treacherous act shall soon know the meaning of true pain..

Yet! I ask us to remember one thing in all of this. We are followers of Chaos. We are bringers of truth and free will. We speak from our hearts and not our minds. AND we do not follow any one path. We follow many, leaving a multitude of possibilities and improbable in our path. Do not allow yourselves to be blinded into one path. Tying yourselves to one goal in one direction or you are falling into their plans.

Remember, chaos is not about everyone aiming for the same thing, the same way, it is about choosing to do something, not feeling like you have to , to be like everyone else. That my friends.. is Order! and I wish none to wear the shackles or blinders of that! I speak peace with our friends and pain to our foes.

Order here is in their own chaos. They are branching out and having different ways to do things while calling it order they will now say "we chose to do it this way" ... yes.. yes my friends.. they used their free will to break from the bonds of what Order truly is under the guides of Lord British....

What does this mean? Oh friends can you not see what this means? The extremists... have fallen into "a" order.... but it is not Lord Britishs' .... it is on the path to Chaos ;)

Think about it, before you bring the war to all that stand for Order and the upholding of the Virtues..

Many, Anything or Nothing. Open your hearts and stop thinking with your heads. The time now is not for war against all who stand for Order... it is time to shine light on the truth of what these Extremists did and continue to do.

Vox Aquila, Sophi, Asclepius and 6 others like this.
  4. Duke William of Serenite

I do hope someone righteous that keeps these virtues steps out from the darkness to lead us out of this chaotic world we live in.
    After hearing Lord British's words sprinkle my ears with words of courage, love and compassion I realized that father Aquila was mistaken.
    As for father Aquila I fear I cant follow his path. He must repent for what he has done. In his heart I know he felt he was doing good. However Order is about embracing and protecting the virtues not enforcing them . I see that I was mislead by his words. Be an example to others so that they may too follow a virtuous path. I do feel that his actions were wrong I pray for him too. I pray that Amber repent from her path of chaos. Order has not been to convincing and I feel has been misrepresented .

Will father Aquila repent and beg forgiveness and show the world he can be a man of compassion and love .?Who instead of leading by force to lead in a virtuous way, setting an example for others to follow. Embracing the laws that keep civilization a at peace.

I can only pray that what we hVe done has forgiveness .
    *steps up from his prayer mantle and walks away, before he wanders off takes one last look at the Order temple in Shame*
    *william screams*
    Who will step out of the darkness and lead us into the light of order!!

5. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

My heart of hearts knew that Lord British was probably the most shocked of all attendees there but I could not stand to be in that "church" any longer to hear his wisdom. I am confident that out of the "ashes" of Sunday's events an avatar will come forth to lead a true Call to Order.

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

If this is one big ruse just to get people involved and impassioned, it's got me thinking the opposite.

7. Amber Raine

There has indeed been someone that has been speaking on Order and the Virtues. We do a service every Saturday together after all. Brother Kazyn is a follower of the Virtues and the path of Order the way it is meant to be.

It is however good to see that William has seen the errors in their ways. Forgiveness, something that is not easily handed to any by me. I may say I forgive, but I never forget, so forgiveness is not truly had... just dealt with differently.

8. Duke William of Serenite

OOC William has taken note of this Priest of Order that holds hands with Chaos. He is wary to say the least. He still does not understand how Chaos and Order can sit at a table and break bread. Even this was tough for LB and only asked for a day of peace between Chaos and Order.

Now as for me not William I have heard his words and they are full of virtue. I know that life can not be all Chaos or Order, life is about balance the ying and the yang. Funny thing is if anyone read the Star Wars book all the way to the end. The Dark Side and the Lights side are no more. Luke abolished all that nonsense and his new school was a combination of both which is what I see happening at the chaos church. Yes in the end the answer is to embrace both Chaos and Order for both are necessary to live a life. However William is not there yet. Will he be someday, that is up to William.

9. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

If there is to take something away from all this is that there needs to be a synchronization of that which defines the Order of Lord British and the Chaos of Darkstarr, and that each orbit around the set of Ultima Virtues. The Good vs. Evil descriptors are also in play, shown in the context of Dark Order of the Obsidian Order to the Dark Chaos of the Shadowlords.

Themo Lock and Amber Raine like this.
  10. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

That's great if it needs definition, and roleplaying to achieve that. But the route one takes can surely be constructive, rather than women being burned at stakes.

Amber Raine likes this.
  11. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

If the roleplaying aspect isn't your thing, ignore it. Personally I enjoy it. Its hard not to smile when you "hear" some avatar drunkenly shouting out "wheres Lord Enmar?" and spouting off about Enmar abandoning him. Fit perfectly with the R14 move of Enmar and his men.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  12. Amber Raine

((This post completely out of character))

*This* is good to be taken from this. Not the only thing I would take from it..

*this* I agree with even more! As roleplayers, not only did this offend several players as it went against what Lord British Order was and it was being done under the guise of his Order -- it was not.
    I would also have had to delete my character as she was "killed" in flames. Some say "there is a resurrection spell"... have you ever tried to resurrect ASH? that just isn't going to go well. So thankfully I have Ember who was able to fulfill that issue of how do I survive this without dying. It played out well.

Following that - Amber and Embers reaction have then taken off from there. I do my best *not* to break character. And, one of the last things I do is meta. What "I" as a player knows, does not cross into the mind or knowledge of my characters. Metagaming ruins RP.

13. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Roleplaying is great, it's fine.

Burning women. NOT fine. This is not fun, and it's not a good roleplay.

Sophi and Keira OFaolain like this.
  14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Well we have a high priestess not a high priest, seems like you would be fine with burning Aquila though.

Vox Aquila and Blake Blackstone like this.
  15. Duke William of Serenite

OOCPass the bbq sauce all this burning talk is making me hungry!!

16. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Well I for one would not burn Aquila. That's doing the very thing we are all getting upset about.
    As far as I'm concerned, he is free do whatever he likes. I am free not to join in.

17. Amber Raine

I would like to have it known, I am against the assassination or wimpish tying someone to something and setting them ablaze.

If it comes to war, and I hope it does not. At least not yet..

Ember says she would rather stand against our enemies.. free from any bindings. The way it should be.Only weak pathetic fools need to tie someone up in order to take them down...

And she would like it known, she is hungry.. and priest sounds good.

I am only passing it along....

18. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

That was completely inappropriate. I stated in an earlier post, not men or women.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  19. Duke William of Serenite

OOC Ok please forgive me but I am going to blow smoke up my own pipes. I just read this like 5 times... I cant believe I wrote this LOL.

Imagine a society without Law. The strong walk around with no one to stop them. The weak become oppressed and forced into slavery. Why because there is no Law to govern their actions. Look at nature, where the strong look for opportunity. A Lion does not chase the strongest buck. It waits for the young and the weak who straddle behind. They take without question, they rule nature and bask in the sunlight!
    For man is inherently wicked and Love is like a chain of obligation, broken at every opportunity to serve self interest. However fear is maintained by the dread of punishment that will never abandon you.Laws are placed to put fear in peoples hearts so that they know that they must give thought to their actions. If no one enforces laws these wicked men take without question. Do you not want a law that protects your belongings from being stolen? Do you not want a law that punishes the murderer that killed your wife? What if you are too weak to take revenge? Law is there to protect the weak from the strong.
    Then why give chaos sermons in towns that are governed by law makers? Do you not embrace chaos?? Do you enjoy the peace that the law makers have created?
    Then go to the wilds and eat in the wilds with nature for that is what you fight for. A society that does not have any restraints no laws, as it is in nature where the only law is that the strong survive to live another day. The weak perish and die to let the strong live on.
    I challenge anyone whose hearts bleed for chaos to live in a society without laws. Go form your communities where eveyones actions are left to their own devices.No rules no wrong, no right. All that is left to do is survive. Sleep on the floor because walls and shelter was man trying to control the elements creating Order out of chaos. Remove your clothes because you no longer have shame! Eat and crawl on the floor as an animal does for there is no more Order in your heart.

You will ALL crawl back to these towns you frequent for food, shelter from the elements and LaW.
    You hide behind guards that protect you in towns, with Law! Yet at their backs you spew poison claiming that law is wicked and even in the face of the Light of Order you call it blasphemy.
    Yet when you were weak and that guard saved you from being robbed, who did you thank?
    LAW!For chaos only serves the strong and oppreses the weak.
    Chaos was created so that Virtue can never prevail!!

Vox Aquila and Blake Blackstone like this.
  20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Then if you are going to derail a RP thread with it try "Burning women. people. NOT fine. This is not fun, and it's not a good roleplay." You will likely find fire was chosen due to its visual effect being a little more crowd pleasing than a stabbing. There is an entire skill tree for fire, people are going to burn to death in and out of role play settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.