EVENT: New Britannia Call to Order

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Duke William of Serenite, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

"Constant change" could mean a lot of things. It could mean someone having an idea to improve a car; but then, forgetting the idea, losing the money for it, or dying in a car crash. Its only when changes aren't unpredictable that anything grows. Ask a farmer whether he wants predictable weather to grow his crops, or unpredictable weather.

Free will. If the only choices you had were to follow path A -- the way everyone else is doing something -- or path B -- doing the opposite -- that would not be any meaningful free will. The only meaningful free will is free will with purpose; where you have a reason why you're following your path, and aren't comparing your actions to what everyone else is doing, either negatively or positively.

But you're deflecting! Because the discussion was about how the only peace between Order and Chaos you see is one where Chaos is the ruler!

Vox Aquila likes this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

:eek:

Vox Aquila, Segallion and Womby like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

The better thing to say is the only meaningful choices are choices with purpose.

If I'm going to a store and deciding on whether to buy the product in a red box or the product in a blue box, its not a meaningful choice. Even if my decision is to go with the blue box, on the grounds that everyone else is going with the red box.

Free will is beyond that, of course.

But I try to use my free will to make choices that are meaningful to me, and don't really worry about what everyone else is doing.

4. Sammegarian

Sammegarian Avatar

OOC: Interesting thread, I consider myself a follower of Order. I am offended by someone that would act such as Father Aquila did calling themselves a part of Order. (I don't mind someone RPing such a thing, and have no issue against the player, I just don't like the character) Looking at everything that was posted I see that WrathPhoenix/Kazyn has said basically all I would have said, but probably worded it better. I intend on getting into roleplaying at some point, and I would like to go find Kazyn ingame to discuss Virtuous Order and maybe join in his clergy if he has formed one, but I won't. Like Amber Raine, I do not indulge in Metagaming. Ingame I have no knowledge of anything posted here, so I have no reason to seek out Kazyn. Well, that's all I have to say for now, happy adventures everyone!

Vox Aquila and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I just finished reading the Blade of the avatar, I think the op might be playing along with the lore from BotA. I can see some similarities with it and the Obsidian empire, who was indeed Order.

6. Womby

Womby Avatar

Well, yes. A particular kind of order, certainly. Well ordered, methodical, and far from virtuous.

Vox Aquila and Sold and gone like this.
  7. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Sammegarian - you are most welcome to do so! I am Kazyn Phoenixfyre in game and love meeting new people and discussing such things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vox Aquila, Gaelis and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.