Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Every lootable sack/bag/etc. in the game is a 'Chest'

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

When you double click and open a loot window on something (anything!) that is clearly a sack or similar, you get 'Chest' in big letters in the loot window. 100%, everywhere AFAICT. For that matter, all lootable structural objects are also Chests, whether or not they are visibly dressers, wardrobes, etc.

Malandrae likes this.
  2. Thud

Thud Developer Emeritus

Bug Entered.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Adding some possible related info to this thread...

In addition to them all being named "Chest" they all seem to have individual container size settings because no matter how many times I resize them, the next similar one resets to a "default" size that takes up a large portion of my screen.

In particular, I'm talking about ore nodes, but I believe the same happens with looting mob kills.

Reproduction Details:
    If I go into a mine and start harvesting ore nodes, and resize (shrink to a small window) and then click "take all", then harvest the next closest node (same type of ore), I will need to resize it again. If I harvest a respawn of a node that I already resized/looted, the previously resized loot window seems to be saved...at least for that play session (this is a good thing it saves, but we shouldn't have to resize every single node initially).

This was an issue that was happening a while ago, but over the previous two releases or so, it seemed to have been fixed in that all loot windows would be the same size as what you resized your Inventory window. In R24, I was able to resize my inventory window before or even during a node harvest, and upon successful harvest, the new loot window would match/mirror the Inventory window size. That meant I could control the loot window size by keeping my Inventory window small. Now it seems to be "broken" again because none of them match anymore.

Widsith [MGT] likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted, thanks!

5. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

Thank you for letting us know about this :). I have fixed the bug and all containers appear with the correct names again. Look out for the fix in the next patch. Happy adventuring!

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Glad to hear it! I'll certainly report back here one way or the other after the next release. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.