Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

everytime I find a PvP area it's empty...

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by mike11, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Obviously they are not going to hang out there if it is known that nobody else is going to hang out there... Jeez...

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I wouldn't disagree with this.....however it is also important to test things at the other end of the scale. What actually happens when the majority of players have 'x' number of skills at 100+......

Also the repetitive process of leveling up every wipe feels unnecessary, many players simply get bored of the process that leads to loads of data being at the low to mid end with very little data being available at the high end. There just needs to be a slight change of strategy to encourage testing and remove the continuous grind during alpha/beta.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Hopefully we will get a future build that lets us max out skill points so we can test PVP builds and balances easily. I can appreciate that the game development has other priorities first though.

Ancev likes this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    If they hand out resources to level crafting with to test recipe's then they should enable a level change or a start out at a higher level point for pvp for testing. I agree that it is really hard for me with my limited time to gain any skill.

Katrina Bekers, E n v y and Colgarra like this.
  5. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I cant bring myself to decorate my house right before a wipe, let alone grind enough levels and gear to have a decent chance at PVP.

galdrmadhr and margaritte like this.
  6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

set str 100
    set int 100
    set dex 25
    set magery 100
    set meditation 100
    set swords 100
    set magicresist 100
    set wrestling 100
    set tactics 100
    set evalint 100
    set pwn 100000000000000000

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I have a great deal of respect for both of you, Envy and Ravicus, because you always make decent arguments for your perspective, ie. things PvP/PvE related.
    I - often - do not agree with you, but the arguments are always good.... :cool:

But here - on the point that you both make above - I could not agree with you more !

From the resources we (Weins) got to test crafting, we spent a lot of time doing just that, and reporting all that we discovered back to the devs. (Bug reports/Feedback)
    We have continued to do this for a few releases now, with no reward beyond being able to help grow the game...
    And good grief, it all gets wiped anyway, so nothing really matters beyond the constructive feedback the we have gladly provided.

So I agree completely with you that - between now and release - we active players could provide a significantly higher level of essential feedback and bug reporting if we had the ability to freely test various high skill levels.

And especially for combat skills that affect all of us, PvP and PvE.

Nothing is kept when we go live, so there is nothing for any of us to gain beyond helping grow the game....

Max Testing = Best Results

My 2 cents........;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Ahuaeynjgkxs, mike11 and Mata like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, wrong game (and you've gone beyond the total skill cap ) but good concept ! ;)

9. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

yes it is important to alot of players

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah. No. Just no.
    Your approach is wrong in my opinion.
    I know a lot of pvpes that don't pvp because the system and the unbalance annoys them.
    I am one of them to be honest. And I guess I am not widely known for my wish to gank noobs. All I want are good fights and you don't get them with sota pvp.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  11. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Wasn't the skill cap like 720 in UO? And stat cap was 250? That's after power scrolls though. And the pwn 100000000 is just for illustrative purposes, I don't actually have to set that skill, it's applied every time I login. pwn!

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Katrina Bekers like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Have stock characters & stock weapons. Your choice of swordsman, spearman , Archer & mage. Allow a few points for customization but no bringing in overpowered equipment and weapons. Works great for stock car races which are popular because of that. Pure skill, no excuses. Selected starting PvP zones of course but it's the only way to draw new players into PvP.

mike11 and smack like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

How about if you select one of those stock choices from the Login screen that @Numa propose, then you can only Start in a shardfall, and you can't leave the scene?

That way they can be used for PvP/skill testing but won't affect the leveling etc in other parts of the game?

14. mike11

mike11 Avatar

That was kind of my thinking as well..
    (btw interesting town u got there, reminds me sort of old bards tale type layout with a town densly built so there are just narrow pathways to walk around in...)

15. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Perhaps red, ominous looking chaos portals scattered across the continents that teleport you to random locations inside of chaos crossroads or similar pvp area instead of showing up at an entrance. you have to stealth, run or fight your way out.

mike11 likes this.
  16. mike11

mike11 Avatar

All i hope is that they (some later release) hopefully bring back a 'event' type npc beside the Tourguide NPC in order to 'test' the pvp builds more precisely.

I want to see more mileage taken from the 'arena' locations we have so far.

One of the big problems they ran into (I thought) was that a person would take a invitation and get teleported inside and all that.. then to find no one else would come in to meet you. or somebody would just try to mess around inside and make the whole thing less appealing for eveyone else.

This is one of the areas that should benefit from the no shard design, being that anyone in the online game should be a candidate for systems that require 2 or more party members that happen to be looking for that sort of thing at the same time.

This can/could also apply to the overworld where single players or groups could interact with other players that way (as encounters to other players on the OW) because these 'enconters' or challenge arena or what ever they are called, there can be different variations as well on the encounter type depending on the designs...
    But also for the overworld encounters it would be really awesome if they could combine this all with a kind of generator for the small mini-map's which are created...

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yall know what I think, not only I have a solution for all this mumbo jumbo but also I know how to turn sheep into wolves.

Enough said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.