Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exceptionals from Batching

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by mass, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

Just to clarify, you are getting exceptionals (and xp) from batch crafting everything on the QA server (R51)?

hroth and Nikko like this.
  2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'm also very interested in this. Was it all batches @Sorthious ?

3. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

Yes, I was getting both exceptionals and 5*xp on both crafting Bolts of Cotton Cloth on the Textiles station and Epic Cloth Boots on the Tailoring station.

- Lao Tzu

P.S. (Response to Eli's post below) You can "repeat last" by using the filter to only have one recipe on the station, then double clicking the recipe. Clicking on the box with the number and type "99" will set the number to the maximum. Pretty close to having a "maximum possible" box without hours of Portalarium's time.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Elwyn, Hornpipe, hroth and 3 others like this.
  4. eli

eli Avatar

Great step!

Thanks for picking some low hanging crafting fruit, i think little stuff like this will pay off a lot.

a "repeat last" button on the main menu and a "maximum possible" button on quantity selector would be great too ;)

Nikko and hroth like this.
  5. mass

mass Avatar

It's just never enough with you people.
    (great ideas ;))

TranZdog and hroth like this.
  6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

This is awesome news. Anything that lowers the time investment to remain "competitive" is definitely needed.

And yes, there is a point when lowering the time investment for highly sought gear creates an economic problem for crafters. But this game is so far into the other side of that pendulum swing that this is a much needed change.

hroth and Numa like this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

No, I haven't test on r51 QA server. Also, sorry for the confusion, I was not referencing batch crafting. I was just responding to someone who didn't know that you get XP for exceptional items, and also, that it isn't limited to armor/weapons. Unless something has changed in r51, exceptionals and, the XP gained from them, should carry over to batch crafting.

hroth and mass like this.
  8. mass

mass Avatar

Right, currently in r50, when you batch, you don't get exceptionals (only if you do things one at a time). The r51 notes indicate we will get at least some exceptionals from batch crafting in r51. If someone gets a chance, go into the QA server and batch a bunch of ore into ingots and see if you get exceptional production and the asssociated increase in xp for those exceptionals. If so, I would restate my YAY! post.

hroth likes this.
  9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

As I said, unless something has changed in r51, you should get the same results batch crafting, regardless of the item, as you do for single-item crafting. @Lao Tzu , has already confirmed that the bonus' apply in r51 for batch crafting. I'm fairly confident that they wouldn't remove the bonus for select items, thus favoring one type of crafting over another(I'm sure this would make some players pretty angry if they did.):

hroth likes this.
  10. mass

mass Avatar

This is what confused me: I don't currently get exceptional ingots from batch crafting ingots from ore in the current r50 release. I do if I refine them one at a time.

This doesn't seem to be highest priority in the Dev decision making tree ;).

hroth likes this.
  11. mass

mass Avatar

From the R51 notes:
    • Critical Successes during Batching: You can now get critical successes when performing any batch crafting operations. This will result in exceptional (higher durability) weapons and armor when crafting gear for example.
    (I underlined). I think this means: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barugon likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I hope they interpret "any batch crafting" as refinement too.

13. mass

mass Avatar

How could they not? 'Any' is 'Any'. My only concern, which I don't think will happen, is that they could remove extra xp from criticals. But I bet it's there.

14. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

XP, sans the durability for weapons/gear, is the only benefit for hitting a Critical when crafting. If they get rid of that, it wouldn't make any difference if you hit a critical or not. Allowing it for batching basically will add a lot more xp gains for crafting, in general.

mass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.