Exceptionals Removed in R49

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Senjut, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Edit: I'm editing my entire post down to just say that the crafting success message stating that you crafted an exceptional item is missing in R49. Other than seeing that an item you crafted is +1, there is no message. I'm sure it's a bug, and will report it.

Initially I thought they had removed the extra xp you get when creating things like components singly, i.e. items that don't show any exceptional chance is even possible. Prior to R49, you could for example create iron ingots one at a time (rather than in batches of 20) and you would have a chance each time of getting an "exceptional" ingot, which wasn't actually exceptional in any way but you did get 5x xp for creating it.

That bonus xp is still in place...the exceptional message is just missing.

My initial post was confusing because I wasn't sure what exactly was going on, apologies. :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Sounds a bit like a bug fix to me, but also not a terribly significant one. Just the sort of thing that wouldn't make the patch notes. Just speculation on my part though.

3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I had thought the exceptional component deal was part of the "make pure crafter a viable playstyle" thing to give you a little xp boost, but maybe it was a bug? It is certainly worth bringing up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.