1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

EXP, $15 per million, other forms of payment in post.

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Mac2, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

I work two jobs, go to school full time and have a family of five. I don't have the time or money to keep up so I guess I will concede since everyone on here knows better than me. Since I can't get a Developer to even get my question right and then go to extreme lengths to ignore/avoid me and everyone on here seems to know what's going on and I don't maybe I shouldn't be playing at all. Maybe you all should consider not all of us have access to these things and afford a little courtesy in stead of ganging up on people and trying to make them feel so insignificant. I can't do this anymore. I am tired of of all of it and everything. I can't it anymore...

2. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

I did not know this was such a problem, I offered experience on the market to help others and to meet players! Like Mac I do it for free more then I get paid, tbh, only 2 players have used the shroud market which was a total of 750,000 experience bought to date! IMO this hasn't made the game pay to win nor has it hurt anyone, Plus I sell experience via in game vendor for igg which has sold over 1,000,000 worth of experience! So now I'm wondering what the difference would be if someone bought gold from shroud market to buy experience in game from my vendor, would that not be the same as selling experience for cash on the market?

3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I read the TOS and with some of the arguments presented here it would be ok for a cybercafe to charge for playing SoTA with their own 1 client and multiple users as long as they dont exploit... that not true.

He violated the TOS and that should have consequence whoever that guy on the marketplace is.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Jfyi: ganging up on another player and trying to name and shame him or her is also against the TOS.
    So, i reported ye all. Let's see what happens as another person so nicely put it!

Fister Magee and Mac2 like this.
  5. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Please stop generalizing. My character is Adventure level 98. 99% of my XP has been gained from me pretty much going out solo and gaining it myself. I could have thrown cash at Mac and sat in the Monkey room (as some of my friends have done with others) and watch as they're beat up on them and gain XP, but I didn't and for that I have a sense of accomplishment that you can't buy. And your previous statement is actually not entirely correct because my Adventure Level is now higher then the previously mentioned people who did sit in the Monkey room and gain XP. And do you know what? They started their avatar BEFORE me and play just as much. Not only did I catch up but I passed them.

Many others have done just what I did. How about you consider the reverse. Those people who will not independently work for their XP and find it all to hard, so quit the game before they even give it a chance. Surely that also is not good for the game.

More players probably stay in the game because of the service people like Mac provide.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Rada Torment, CatherineRose and Mac2 like this.
  6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I think it is so sad when some will complain that someone is selling xp and think it is Pay to Win. Yet, those same people will go to Novia Market, New Britannia Marketplace, Britanny Alleys, Central Brittany , Ordinis Mortis or any other town that has a market place or for that matter The Marketplace on the forum and buy something with igg or cotos or real cash. Has no one wanted to craft and item so you bought 1000 wood from someone who cut the trees down. You did not bother to go do that yourself. Therefore didnt you power level your crafting skill by purchashing and using someone elses effort who bothered to cut the trees? You did not cut them down. You bought the animal hides or maybe 1000 mandrake roots so you could go out hunting with your time rather than using it gathering the Mandrake yourself. I do not think there is any difference between buying 1000 trees you did not cut down from buying XP from someone who spent many many hours increasing his skills . Where is the exploit in using your skill to make a profit or to help a friend?

7. Tedio

Tedio Avatar

That you think like this worries me, for the future of this game. You for sure havent played enough games to know when a game is pay to win. When you can pay real money for a boost in a game, its pay to win, simple as that. Buying exp boost IS pay to win! If i buy 1000 wood from someone with IN GAME GOLD that me myself earned by grinding, thats a WHOLE diffrent thing...

8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Antrax Artek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.