Exp points now being spent faster . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mata

Mata Avatar

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Let's play gustball with macros

Moonshadow likes this.
  3. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Danke Mata! Thanks for the Explanation and link.

Mata likes this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Sehr gerne! :)

Hier noch ein Video dazu.
    Dev's gegen Player.

5. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Yup. Once their existing pool is gone, skills will basically train as the XP is gained, in skills relevant to actual usage... so no more gust balling after that (other than for sport). So... not sure why Weins is upset. If it wasn't gustball it'd be something else.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Then you turn off all skills and go fill again.. some of us prefer to do this. Sometimes.

7. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Ah I guess the solution to that would be to give more XP to an action when that XP is earned doing that action, than you would get drawing from the pool.

Spoon likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wrong but to each their own. It has nothing to do with the Exp but how it is applied, TY . . . .

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

and another reason WHY this needs to be fixed - really devs this guy had no idea now he can just hit a gust ball and train GtG, AWSOME, W E A K

10. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

your macro will gust the ball to me, my macro will gust the ball back, it will be like a real live soccer match!

LadyGray and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Let them train with gust ball at the faster xp consumption. Once they run out of XP, they will have to go out to the world and kill stuff to regain XP.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Why do we have the keep repeat this?
    Removing the gustball object doesn't solve the underlaying issue.

If the gustball went away people would just use something else for the same effect.

So if removing the gustball isn't the solution then maybe we should focus on stuff that actually does?

13. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Simple really. Make it so the Gust ball Cant be attacked , or make it So that only Animate Objects (Enemies Are able to Allow you Exp Expenditure toward Skills :)

14. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

"this guy" is here...and talking about someone in the third person while ... arf ... nevermind. Yesterday I was still thanking you, wont happen again.

You know...you gota understand that just because people "can" doesnt mean they will "do". I see myself as a roleplayer...and I enjoy the way until I get my skills to level x. If I wanted to make it easy, man...I dont need a ball, a simple training dummy does it perfectly...or even better...a second account thats running on a laptop with a perma-AFK character to throw spells at.

So..please...dont forget that a lot here seem to play MMOs since the 90th and that SotA is not reinventing the wheel.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Was not saying you will but you had no idea it was even possible and it should NOT be possible, but not a problem. I am glad you actually play the game but the fact that you can just drop a gust ball and train skills it my WHOLE argument.

To many players do exactly like the guy you saw and ALOT do it with a macro or script or key stroker and don't play the game they just game the system, but that is too hard to fix :-(

16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Sorry for my english then, I meant that you don't get any exp from the gust ball so why the f should i care if someone uses one or not. TY

Fister Magee likes this.
  17. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Gustballs are fine really, .. well sorta.

but this wasn't ment to stop using gustballs entirely, it was just so that the average person desont "have" to use them to get rid of their xp pool.

I don't use gustballs, but prior to the patch I would kill/level up normally (with all skills training) and still come out with a lot of extra xp.
    I had about 1 million xp in my pool, and unless I used a gustball I would never get rid of it, which I refused to do. :)

so this patch was to fix that issue.

Womby and Spoon like this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I don't believe anyone ever said this was an issue, I can tell you I've never decided to take out the gustball just because of excess pool. And if playing naturally gains xp pool, I've found once you get high enough, you start losing instead of gaining. It's how it works. So you are forced to manage the skills by turning them off (this is not common knowledge to people new to the game).

19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This update was made to use the exp points faster because they gave them to us faster. If you where gaining more than spending you have focused your training very effectively. If you started to train a few skill 80 or above you would see your points go down faster and faster.

And they made the statement in there post about being made as a result of players using gust balls . . . .

20. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

correct we were gaining xp faster than we could spend it. thus more people were using gustballs to get rid of the extra they could not otherwise.

I have 3 GMs currently. But yes im rather effective on how to gain xp in a non exploitive way.

should of been wrote "the result was people accumulating huge amounts of exp and having to use a gustball"
    I talked to a few devs about this before the patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.