Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected] Enchanting and Masterworking Use Increases Exp Pool Instead of Lowers

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Datendrache, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Title: Enchanting and Masterworking Use Increases Exp Pool Instead of Lowers

Reproduction Rate: 100% (?)

Blocker? (Yes/No/Partial) No

Details: As I raise Enchanting and Blacksmith Masterwork skill, my Crafting EXP pool increases and so does my skill.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Could be related to my having a ridiculous crafting pool, so you’ll want to duplicate the fact I noticed it first at 9,919,143.

2) Enchanting skill was at level 30, Masterwork at 58.

3) Enchant something.

4) Observe the crafting skills increase.

5) Masterwork something.

6) Observe the crafting pool continues to increase. Last check after 2 enchants and 2 masterworks it was at 9,921,298.

Expected result: Huge ticks that would quickly raise the skills, which appear to be observed, but reducing the crafting pool by thousands per use, which doesn’t appear to be happening.

I’d call this an exploit. However, I want to learn Masterwork and Enchanting so please fix soon.

User Specs:

AMD 8350 w/Geforce 970, Windows 8.1, 16 GB RAM, SotA Release 538.

Bug Category: Crafting

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They lowered the amount of exp going in per use, and your skills are not that high, you will not be gaining when you reach 70+, maybe even 60+. I had 3.5 mil pooled, and it took WAY longer than it did before persistence with 1.5 mil pooled.

3. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

You always gain XP when crafting items, though if you are actively training the skill you are using (eg, the triangle near the skill in your skills panel is set to green), then you often wont notice the xp given since the small amount awarded will be consumed along with additional xp from pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.