Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected]Random forest siege when trying to exit nested PoT

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Scraps MacMutt, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

1. Title: Random town siege when trying to exit nested PoT
    2. Reproduction Rate: ~50% (seems random)
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: The wagon from The Barrowlands (nested PoT) back to my main town (The Highlands) is giving me a random town siege (see image below). If I click on the wagon it does in fact take me to a forest siege. There is no siege of The Highlands shown on the overland map and I can travel from there to The Barrowlands without going through a siege. I don't always get the siege when traveling back from The Barrowlands either. It seems to be random.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Use the wagon in The Highlands to travel to The Barrowlands then try to take the wagon in The Barrowlands back to The Highlands. Repeat as necessary until the forest siege randomly appears.
    6. User Specs: Intel i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 32 GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, 2x Nvidia GTX Titans, Steam client

[​IMG]

2. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Update: After taking the exit (to Novia) wagon from The Barrowlands I now see that The Highlands does have the siege engines on the main map. However, they didn't appear before when I exited. Still, it's odd that I don't have to go through a town siege every time when traveling to/from The Highlands.

3. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I can't duplicate the problem now. My guess is that The Highlands was under siege but there's some inconsistent behavior in how the siege was affecting travel to/from my nested PoT, as well as the siege not appearing consistently on the overland map. The second time I exited The Highlands I finally did see the siege icons, and saw one burning siege engine so maybe someone was clearing out the siege while I was testing the nested town portal. I was in multiplayer mode the whole time if that helps.

4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  5. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Interesting. I had the buffs when zoning from my main town to my nested town and didn't go through the siege. The first time trying to zone back to the main town I had to go through the siege. I died in the siege so probably lost the buffs. Then when I tested it again I didn't see the siege or have to travel through it. So this seems consistent with the issue you reported.

6. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

@Attenwood I'm not sure this is expected behavior as my thread title was tagged. I'm getting sieges randomly appearing when I exit my towns. I removed my devotional shrines and I don't have any buffs and I'm still getting random sieges, and by random I mean sometimes they're there and sometimes they're not -- within an extremely short period of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.