Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected]Video lockup.

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Mac2, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This is why I kept asking if the bug I was having was fixed before you forced me to use dx11, which runs fine on other games, just not sota. Video keep locking up like it has for the past few releases. If I can't use the force dx9x thing, I am kinda screwed.

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Could you please confirm the system specs listed?

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Upon review of the listed specs, @Mac2's system does not appear to meet our game's indicated Minimum Specs. This may very well be producing the chronic issues observed.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep I can confirm what fister has said above. Which minimum am I not meeting?

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Here are your minimum specs, all of which his machine surpasses..? Unless his vidcard shares the memory.. but if that is the case, we can upgrade the RAM and if it crashes, you will have to fix it, or something?
    BTW, you should update your FAQ with the correct DirectX version requirement.. as it says DX10 currently.

Mac2 likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

We will happily upgrade the RAM and see! :) Gonna try some beta drivers and such as the game worked fine under DirectX 9... memory issues? Maybe... but a lot of others are crashing more now since the new SOTA patch... we will see.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I believe it is video related, its not really a crash, I can still hear the game running, cast skills off the keyboard and hear them, its just the video, the screen has frozen. I even close the game just by knowing where to click the mouse to exit game and leave now. I would think if it was ram related, I would start to lag before it would just strait up crash. Maybe I am wrong, I am not very computer savy.

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It doesn't sound like a crash, more like a video card incompatibility, that Port SHOULD look into. It may solve other players crashing/graphical issues as well. Hopefully they don't dismiss this as a RAM issue, I also am not convinced it is RAM. We will try some beta drivers and maybe old drivers could help. IT is a graphical issue. I've seen many other reports of Unity/DirectX 11 issues with other games.. google it.

Removing DirectX 9 compatibility was likely a mistake. Can Port enable DirectX 12? @Attenwood I bet it would work then!

It is funny that all other DirectX 11 games work perfectly fine, and fast.. and SOTA had worked only EVER on DirectX 9 on that machine since a few releases ago... I think it was the upgraded Unity (the first time) that messed up DirectX 11 for your laptop, and you've been using the /directx9 switch since.. until this release of course.

Mac2 likes this.
  10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

agreed... playing other Unity based games like Project Gorgon and Boundel but only getting this crashing thing in SotA... I guess it's not a Unity thing but a SotA thing since other Unity games are running fine... just a guess though...

11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

• In R40, played most of the release in DX11 with a few crashes like this...

• In R41, crashing increased but I was saved by DX9... so played most of the Release in DX9 mode...

• In R42, crashing increased again but there is no longer any DX9 mode to save me... :(

I think DX9 mode should be brought back as a temporary solution until the DX11 crashing is fixed...

Fister Magee likes this.
  12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

don't think it's the ram... some players have like 64 gb and they are still crashing... :(

Fister Magee likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ok, -force-glcore fixed the issue, less framerate though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.