Experience gain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I realize that one gets used to the experience gain and second guessing posting about it. But the fact is that for me, I will be playing much less now. I was having a ball there for awhile and was devoting a lot of time for the game, and having a lot of fun in the process. I found myself this morning debating whether to play SOTA or some games of solitaire and the solitaire won. I just wish that the rescinding of the 10X experience had occurred before I bought all those COTO.

As I say, it is difficult for me to post this because I realize the balance issues. The fact is, that at present the balance is just not right for the time I invest. I am encouraged that they are going to continue analyzing the balance and just hope I will again be tempted to play more in the future.

2. Vulgaren

Vulgaren Avatar

How about for now a "power hour" where every 8 hours (so all players all over the world have a chance at it) where xp is boosted for questing, adventuring and crafting? Would that be sufficient to keep you playing casually at least? I agree that its been great and I've put in a lot of extra hours while xp was boosted and I think it should have remained in place. I received I think 4 million xp for finishing the main quest line so that reward would normally be 400k? that's hardly a dent in what is needed to raise skills at higher levels.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I will keep playing regardless of the experience if only for all the money I have spent to date. I just wonder sometimes why if anything gets popular and starts drawing crowds it draws attention and after a few "adjustments" becomes a ghost town of popularity/fun of days past. If I was in charge, I would try my best to increase the number of popular locations within reason to maximize profits. Having fun and making profits go hand in hand. You might not end up with the most enduring game, but would have plenty of resources to branch out on the next adventure.

Vulgaren likes this.
  4. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

I started playing less when mass XP hit, so for me it's like I didn't take advantage of an exploit that was going on for two months.

5. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Better yet how about a devotional quest that gives you XP increase boost for 3 days that you can do once a month or something.

Aldo and Black Tortoise like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I would gladly settle for a larger effort towards fixing all the current problems with the quests that we have now.

We desperately need a larger player-base and what new players who come to SotA experience first are our quests, and from what I've read here over the years - many of our quests need attention.

A while back I remember that Catnip was going to give some serious attention to quests, but from all I read here (feedback/bug reports) there is still much to be done.

I believe that quests should be given sufficient priority for as long as it takes to make them much better than they currently are.....

7. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

The quest XP rewards from last week were more in line as to where they should be. The normal quest XP that's back in effect now...totally not worth doing quests. You can either spend 15-20 minutes doing a quest...or 3-5 minutes killing mobs...and get the same XP reward.

Witcheypoo, Aldo and Drilikath like this.
  8. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Frankly, when did they ever say they were going to be giving proper attention to the fixes required for the quests? The last two SotA Cons I've asked about appropriate polish on the mainline quest (not just bugfixes, but actually making it look like a story, rather then the outline for one), and I got the distinct impression they were done with Ch.1 and wanted to devote all their time to Ch.2, not realizing that newbies first impression is still from Ch.1.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I noticed troll nails got me 22k (or maybe it was 25k, I didn't write it down. It was a weird number, like 22456 or something.) Which is... better, I guess. Better than it was pre-10x, I mean. I don't know that I would bother doing it daily anymore, though. With ore nodes in Elysium now giving 2500, it wouldn't take long to get that, especially with some meticulous rolls. 60-80k might be better. It should give more than you could get elsewhere, since it's gated to once per day.

Royou and Witcheypoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.