Expert CraftingTables for self reliant none-homeowners

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Xandra7, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

To promote in public spaces, areas for player gathering and interaction, one Expert CraftingTable in each Game Controlled Town. This would allow folk who are left out of homeownership and resources that come with property, places to gather, reasons for moving to other towns, and feel self reliant.

As is right now, there is dependency on the generosity of those willing to share their expert stations, this creates positive action, but not with out an opposite reaction.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

There are a few scattered in odd places in the world.

Time Lord, stratigos, Mata and 2 others like this.
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Make friends with people who paid to win these items.:D

4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think the devs said there would be ways to craft stations and tools that are as good as the ones you can purchase/gain by pledge but that they would not have infinite durability. However, a lot of people place their expert stations in public areas for anyone to use, so you don't have to creep into someone's basement or get permission to use them.

Time Lord, margaritte, Lace and 3 others like this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

It would be nice to know if these recipes for higher tier crafting stations will be in place on or before R32.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I too enjoy looking for and using the ones scattered across the land.. make a journey out of nothing :) I have spotted some expert level tables down deep in The Epitaph I'll be bringing things to for that extra crafting boost. I hope to see a lot more tables hidden in the pve areas.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That is said to be planned. The larger cities would have better stations of the appropriate kind.
    Some should also be found in the skilled NPCs houses.

But right now you can find them in adventure scenes.

Epitaph i think has three
    Solace sewers I think has two
    Etc

With the Obsidian Forge under the hilt being amazing.

Also the plan is said that you can craft stations, so you will be able to craft expert and even master stations eventually...

Oh, and of course, right now Lux Sanctuary market square has a full compliment of expert ones for public use.

8. agra

agra Avatar

Any chance you recall where they said that?

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Journey to Dara Brae and enjoy the free use of our expert crafting tables with no strings attached.

StarLord, Leelu, Luca Xante and 4 others like this.
  10. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My town, Dragomir, has many of the stations you need in one of the market areas in the Pavillian. All are welcome to use them at any time

Leelu, Luca Xante, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
  11. Mata

Mata Avatar

Drachenfels has this expert stations public too.

StarLord, Ice Queen, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

One of the telethong* hangouts, probably the summer one, maybe the one before that. They were talking about economy and crafting. Its the same one when Chris was ranting about him never wanting the Prosperity tools.

*Yes I know, but this one has a much higher fun factor

EDIT
    Just noticed Ginger's post in another topic.
    Seems like it's heading into DLMB territory:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...vents-throughout-r27.48048/page-2#post-529602
    Noticed that Agra was in that one but adding the link here for completion for others...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  13. agra

agra Avatar

Maybe so, but this is one particular design goal I'd like to nail down for certain. It's not just a little change, it's a massively impacting change. Level 2 (Expert, Benefactor) Crafting Stations offer a 30% higher success rate on common recipes and an 11% higher success rate on uncommon recipes.
    Not being able to craft these places thousands and thousands of customers at a significant disadvantage that was gained -only- by spending RL $$$.

For me, knowing that I could craft them, eventually, was the reason I didn't pay to buy them with RL $$$.
    If I had known they would have such a huge impact on crafting AND they would not be something I could put in my house or on my own lot, I would have made entirely different decisions, believe me.
    "Don't lawyer me, bro" is turning into an excuse to permit breaking promises or alter BIG design decisions. In some cases, if Portalarium risks alienating many/some of their customers with such huge changes, using DLMB doesn't help. To me, it just comes off as glib patronizing (from them, not from you, Spoon).

And to be clear, I wouldn't care about this at all if this was a basement, or house layout, or an outfit, or a dye, or a flavor recipe, or something that didn't affect crafting or combat significantly.

I am aware the intent since R24 was to place Level 2 crafting stations in places like Ardoris (and presumably Resolute, Aerie, and Britanny). As Ardoris has been in the game since Release 10, I can only presume the way things are now is working as intended, and there is no actual intent to place level 2 crafting stations in these larger centers. If it was or is an oversight, it's a damned big one for at least 3 releases.

If we see Level 2 Crafting Stations in Ardoris tomorrow, well, I'm wrong and should feel bad. ;)

14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

OOOOOPS:eek:
    Oh gosh, I just deleted my post.

Leelu, Time Lord, margaritte and 2 others like this.
  15. agra

agra Avatar

It's not Dev+, I have no dev+ access. It's just from the normal public R27 feedback forums. (which will go away with the release of R28)

Leelu, Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Whew, you are right. I deleted my post as quickly as possible before I looked, then discovered that it wasn't Dev+ after all.

@Spoon - you really fooled me. But it's not April 1st yet! :D

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The bigger fool would be me.
    :oops:
    Agra linked to ginger's post from a dev+ topic so I incorrectly thought I was still in dev+, I blame phonebrowsing...
    o_O
    But hence its feedback it's going away soon so then you just became doubly right in that we need to quote it before it dies in the archive...

18. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Also you will find all 10 of the Expert Crafting Stations in Specto Mori right outside of Aerie. We have a huge party planned the end of the world in July. Feel free to stop by and say high and check out our work in progress. Maybe while using our crafting stations located right at the entrance along with all of the vendors and public garden stations (3 with more available upon request).

Leelu, Luca Xante, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  19. agra

agra Avatar

You'll all be pleased to know as of R28, Expert crafting stations (the ones you could only get by pledging many hundreds of dollars) offer a 30% success bonus, an 11% craft bonus (whatever that is) and a whopping 20% critical chance bonus.

To put this into perspective, ask yourself: Let's imagine Portalarium put an item on the add-on store, today, that was an "Artisans Necklace" and it offered a 30% crafting success bonus, an 11% craft bonus (whatever that is) and a whopping 20% critical crafting chance bonus, cost $150. Would that be considered pay to win? ;)

Also, the R24 note that public Expert stations would be available in Ardoris remains unimplemented, as of R28.

Time Lord, Xandra7 and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

At face value, expert crafting stations are game changers. I expect a consensus opinion taken by the broader gaming audience would give a pay to win label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.