Expert CraftingTables for self reliant none-homeowners

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Xandra7, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

Agreed.

Time Lord, GreyMouser2 and Xandra7 like this.
  2. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

The way things have been moving around here lately. I would not be surprised to see a ground swell of whining and complaining by a certain group of players for changes.

Time Lord and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  3. Selene

Selene Avatar

I would say it's only pay to win if other players had NO access to these stations, but they are planned to go into the major cities, which really only makes it "pay for convenience".

4. agra

agra Avatar

And just so it's clear, as of R28, there are no public crafting pavilions that have Expert stations in Resolute, Aerie, or Ardoris.

Time Lord, Xandra7 and Dorham Isycle like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Hmm... I passed one in Aerie the other day.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

Ok, I'll clarify:

None of the public crafting pavilions in any of those towns are comprised of Expert stations. Some players may have some stations on their private property, but that is obviously not the same thing as the goal stated in R24.

If you have seen an Expert station in an NPC dwelling, NPC building, NPC business, or in a public crafting pavilion, by all means, say so. :)

Xandra7 and Time Lord like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it's likely that they'll be dispersed throughout the cities and not centrally located in a pavilion, so you will have to seek each one out.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Heheh, well, I've checked every one I've seen so far, in all of those cities, in all of the NPC structures, and haven't seen one yet. So if you know of one location, by all means, share the wealth!
    And remember "Frogloks are currently in the game".. lessons learned from history. You may not want to waste a whole bunch of time before getting certain confirmation that such public Expert tables are both intended to be in the game in NPC and/or PRT hexes and are actually in the game (in NPC and/or PRT hexes), today.

Time Lord and Xandra7 like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm not at home, so it'll have to wait until later tonight.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I can't believe that anyone really cares about that at this point. There is going to be another game wipe in a couple of weeks. We are supposed to be testing stuff, not having fits because something is not in the game yet.

In the meantime, anyone who wants to use expert crafting stations can do so because so many players have put them in their front yards for us have-nots to use. And so many POTs have set up public crafting pavilions with expert stations. (Thank you kindly!)

And to those who cry P2W I can only say: I'm feeling just fine not paying but "winning" anyway.

Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

Cianna, Mata, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  11. agra

agra Avatar

Just so you understand the magnitude of the issue. There are not enough Lord Marshall pledges to have Expert stations in every housing hex. It's not even close. There's going to be hundreds of housing hexes placed on the map in the next three releases, to add over 7000 lots required to satisfy pledge demand.
    That would require hundreds of Lord Marshall pledges, all evenly co-ordinated throughout the world, and all of them with the generosity to make them accessible to the public.
    That's not going to happen. If the R24 intention isn't fulfilled, this will be a huge deal. Potentially "oh crap, we just lost more than 10% of our target demographic because of this one poor decision" kind of bad. :eek:
    30% success and 20% crit and 10/11% "craft bonus" whatever that is, is not minor. It's the difference between advancing at a reasonable rate or a very slow rate. It's the difference between crit crafting or not crit crafting. It can mean hundreds of hours in time saved, or not.

Portalarium has had three releases to put Expert crafting pavilions in all the major centers. They haven't. At this point, I have zero confidence they will. If they finally do it in R29, great. I'm wrong, and the issue is finished. Huzzah? Silence on these issues, with 80 working days until persistence is not a good sign. There's a whole laundry list of balance changes and "shoes yet to be dropped" in those 80 working days. It's not going to all be positive. Far from it, if 20 years of history is any teacher in this genre.

The pledge reward of Expert stations was supposed to be one of convenience, not pay to win. Right now, it's arguably pay to win ( and that's not just my opinion ) by providing a massive tangible game impacting advantage for crafting everything. As I said in another thread, if a $150 neck-slot jewelry item went into the add-on store that provided 30% crafting success, 20% crit success, and 10% "craft bonus", today, it would be called out as pay to win in a heartbeat. And rightly so.

Fister Magee, Xandra7 and Time Lord like this.
  12. Selene

Selene Avatar

I don't think Port intends to place them in every hamlet, burg, and backwater. They will be in the major (big) cities.. just like there are advanced trainers only in certain places, these crafting stations will only be in certain places.

13. Lace

Lace Avatar

Diamond Fields has an open air pavillion with expert crafting stations for anyone to use.

14. agra

agra Avatar

Hopefully. Now if only that intention was implemented in the past 3 months... ;)

Xandra7 and Time Lord like this.
  15. Selene

Selene Avatar

I appreciate that we all have different concerns, and there are things we ALL would have liked to see implemented by now... but we are still in pre-release. There are features to agriculture and the food system that are nowhere near completed that we can't even start to test because they are no where in the game.

Expert crafting stations, however, are something you can test right now. There are plenty of places (many of them listed in this thread) where players have put these stations for anyone to test and use. The devs have said repeatedly (and recently) that these stations will be in major city centers. It'll happen. Maybe not as soon as some would like, but I am pretty sure the sky isn't falling yet.

16. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

For your consideration, a pavilion chock full of expert level crafting stations in Hometown (a public space governed by @dallas) for anyone to test out/use:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Mata, Sea Bear, Leelu and 9 others like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I disagree for the reasons I already outlined above. Anyone who wants to can find expert tables to use, even people who only bought an account at a Steam sale for $20. The vast majority of players won't even own property of their own and they will soon have their routines worked out (where best to craft, where best to sell, etc.)

I agree that a wearable crafting necklace costing $150 such as you described would be called out as pay to win. So would wings that one could use to fast travel anywhere unhindered by encumbrance. Or a hen that laid golden eggs. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it because it's not going to happen.

My guess is that the high crafting bonus of the expert crafting tables will be nerfed anyway.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Leelu, Bowen Bloodgood and Time Lord like this.
  19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I think that's by design, and "higher level" crafting stations were never intended to be available everywhere, publicly, to everyone in every city.

...It would defeat the very idea of higher level, wouldn't it?

My understanding is that expert tables WON'T be the best ones, and craftable stations will come in expert and "expert++" versions.

So we're in full twisted pants mode even before knowing if there IS a case for pant twisting.

Not to mention that Hometown is, for all intent and purposes, an NPC city with all the resources available publicly.

margaritte, Sea Bear, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  20. Selene

Selene Avatar

In another thread recently, one of the devs said stations would NOT be craftable. Tools may be another matter, but stations are out, it seems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.