Expiration Event, Part 1 Bonus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

Will we be having a bonus period in the lead up to the Expiration Event, Part 1? I ask as I am planning to upgrade to Duke and am holding on to see if there will be a bonus period this time as there have on others, I will not be going for the part 2 as I do not see the point as I am upgrading for the house/Keep that goes with the pledge, so can not understand the logic in splitting this into two parts. But there in is another question, as the houses and basements are going to be removed, will the price of the pledges that will have them removed drop in price, as a consequence of having the homes and basements removed?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Great question, Royou! I too am looking to make a large step in my pledge and am currently saving money to do so. My worry is, the pledge I am looking to upgrade to may expire this month or before the 15th of next month where I won't have enough money saved up to buy it. I can't remember seeing the final expiration times for the remaining pledges but if someone knows where could you send me a link? Thanks!!

Royou likes this.
  3. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

They already said they would not be reduced in price. Last minute joiners get less value for their money, but also get to jump in front of lots of people at the very last minute, who paid less money than them.

They are dropping all the houses and basements from the pledges just before R32 hits, so you only get a single land deed upgrade for upgrading, but zero houses for upgrading or brand new pledge.
    (mainly because they can't figure out how to not dupe houses on pledge upgrade, so houses are being dropped from pledges for R32)

Royou and Leelu like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It seems like the logic behind this is to get everyone to pledge as far as they can before R32 and then let them pledge more if they want to get into an earlier lot selection group. So don't wait to pledge after R32 if you want most of the remaining goodies.

Royou and Leelu like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

There are quite a few reputable people selling store credits for 80 cents on the dollar... that would be an excellent option for you to upgrade now for probably cheaper.

6. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Can anyone link me to a post on how this is actually accomplished. I may want to do something like this but need to know the ins and outs first.

Royou likes this.
  7. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Check the marketplace forums.

Royou likes this.
  8. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

9. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Thanks the marketplace has a ton of information on buying and selling pledges. Guess what I really just need to understand is the service voucher. That gets added to your pledge amount correct? So reduce the amount of credits I need to buy by that amount? Also is it just 1 voucher to upgrade pledge?

Royou likes this.
  10. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

@Lord Andernut is the expert and he's usually pretty quick at answering any questions.

For store credit, it's as easy as:
    • Using Lord Andernut as a middle man to buy $500 worrh of store credit gift coupons for $400.
    • The gift coupons are then gifted to your account and show up as an add on.
    • You'd then convert the $500 worth of gift coupons to $500 dollars worth of store credit.
    • Using the Upgrade Pledge option on your account page, you'd do so but would just apply the store credit instead of cash.
    Hope this helps but no voucher needed and is actually pretty easy.

Spoon, Royou, Sephros and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Awesome. Thank you very much

Royou and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.