Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Explorer's Guild Quest guide *spoilers* and Deck/Combo assistance

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

WARNING! THE BELOW VIDEO HAS INFORMATION ABOUT A QUEST

After that information there is also information about changes to the combat system.

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Text Walkthrough:
    When you want to start the Explorer's Guild Quest you need to find a Tour Guide
    [​IMG]

When you get the quest you'll need to go to six different locations... what's better than seeing the quest in-game in our fancy in-game Journal?
    [​IMG]

Tips:
    Stop 1: Braemar, two tour guides.
    Go into the blue portals (yes, both of them) and talk to the tour guides there!

Stop 2: Owl's Head, one tour guide.
    Go into the Lunar Rift when it says Vertas Pass and talk to the tour guide there!

Stop 3: Ardoris, three tour guides.
    Ardoris is at the top of the town (below the point I show in the video above) INSIDE a building, at the doorway to the castle on both the left and east side.

Mata, Mishri, Klasinus and 11 others like this.
  3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I'm sad to see walk-throughs posted already.

4. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Is this for the hat reward quest? (I'm not reading the post because I want to do it myself) I'm a little disappointed too- if people like to use walkthroughs in a game, that's cool, but I thought the purpose of these quests and rewards during release phases was to get players to explore in their own way, in order to more fully test the game. :oops:

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

@Dame Lori,

Yes, this is for the hat. And, as you have done, you can optionally not read. I have given enough information to help people through the parts they would struggle with if this is their first release but haven't done a full video walk through of the quest as to completely spoil it. Remember, I do work on a wiki as a small side project ;) I'm all about spoilers! (besides story spoilers... if someone spoils the book or story for me I'll probably send them a feral cat in real life!). Sorry if that bothers you to have this up... I think it is important to make information available for those who want/need it.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

We'll maybe one should put it in spoilers?

Duke Violation likes this.
  7. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I added a spoiler warning... :D

8. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

If the development team wants us to try different features with each release (to the extent that they bother to create rewards for completing quests), I think having as many people successfully test the features is a good thing. :)

I know for me personally, I don't always have a huge chunk of time I can devote to testing each release (I'm sure others are in the same boat). Granted, this quest was pretty short, but an hour or two might be as much time as some people can play over a release weekend.

Thanks Violation!

9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

The real question is how did Violation get his crown already... :D

10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

in my opinion, maybe spoilers should be placed on the last day of the release. Just sayin..... To much catering to the instant gratification crowd will just breed more people expecting spoilers....

Time Lord and Violation Clauth like this.
  11. Wonderboy2402

Wonderboy2402 Avatar

Kind of agree it should have been shared a bit later to allow people to explore...

If it helps at all, he fails to point directly to to where the oracle is...

Duke Violation likes this.
  12. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

To be fair it's not much of a spoiler given that the tour guide in Braemar tells you exactly where you need to go... (and if you don't know how to find a place, you can ask him and he should tell you how to get there...)

13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Well, let me start with apologizing that everyone didn't like the assistance. I will stop making these help videos as I haven't seen anyone say they appreciated it. I really did think they were appreciated and wanted. I don't have time to do it after everyone is done as I run events during the weekends and the releases are 4 days. Again, I'm sorry that it offended so many. I will not do another. Have a good rest of your R10 and hopefully this didn't put you off to the game or any of the community.

14. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Okay, may I just say. The video did not auto play. Also, the first words used were.. what's that?.. oh yes..

BE WARNED.. SPOILERS AHEAD...

So if a person clicked the play on the video, they KNEW what was contained within. It is not the posters fault that this person made a choice that may have later been regretted. There was no hiding anything, the reader was indeed informed of the contents!

Not to mention, the subject title itself -- Really? If that did not tell the reader what was going to be in the thread then there is something terribly wrong. The subject line states "Spoilers".. choose to open said thread.. containing spoilers. Then choose to click play on a video containing said spoilers. May I inquire what one expected to find in here?

I also believe that Lum said it most accurately.

I want to say. Thank you Violation for all you have done, and continue to do for the community. You have been an inspiration for many and continue to be a stone for many more up and coming! Mad Hatter Hermit and your videos are a great help and I look forward to them every release!

Yes, Even Mad Hatter Hermit makes great videos of this sort, yet, this is the first objection I have heard from anyone on anything. Even Chris himself has made videos.

Please, read the subject line and do *not* click on a thread that says "SPOILERS INSIDE" if one does not want spoilers. it really is that simple

-Amber

Editted: realized one should not be thinking Alice in wonderland, and falling into rabbit holes, when one makes posts. I corrected my error in The Mad Hermit name in this post. Was not intended as an insult in any form.

15. Sciamano

Sciamano Avatar

I am generally pretty quiet on the forums because I am mainly an in game player and if I'm not in game I generally like to be doing something else.

That being said why in the world are there multiple people complaining that he posted a video on a forum that people have to actively look for to receive a decorative item in game. I know personally I work a lot over the weekends and the time I want to spend in game is going to be in PvP zones. I also love to have neat little "I've played the game since __" items and there are times where having years worth of goofy items is just a status symbol. This doesn't impede anybodies play that wants to "do it by myself", why? Because as I said they have to look up the thread on the forum.

Please keep in mind the intent behind this was to help people, the name of the post and the name of the video are obvious on what it is, if you didn't want the spoiler than don't watch it.

How does this stop them from doing it? All it does is stop them from making a bunch of wrong turns. Also I believe the main intent was to get them to log in each release. I am a prime candidate for that because I didn't play until PvP entered in R8 and if they had stuff like this since R1 I would have been logging into each release.

I didn't watch everyone's videos on how to PvP because I already know how to do it and that is a part of the game I like to figure out by myself, questing isn't something I do very often so there are times where a walk through is very helpful. I also know that his video explaining the deck system helped multiple people and it in no way hurt me.

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I meant no personal offense Violation. Much of what you do is greatly appreciated. You have done great with hangouts and helping out with game mechanics. I guess I am opposed to quest spoilers in general. I know that they are going to happen regardless. I also have had limited time to play and have only had time to farm gold to buy a lot and buy a house for player town events. I have not had time to do the quest yet. When I first read this thread it was not so much labeled as a spoiler. The first thing I seen was a screenshot of the quest log that was completed. I agree with Lum to the extent that he states the npc tells you exactly what to do, just ask him (so why have a spoiler?). Again I understand people not having much time, my question though is will you have time in the future to play the game after release and not use spoilers? If spoilers are there, people will use them. If they are not people will actually have to think. Sorry for my rambling and I mean no disrespect to anyone, just stating my opinion.

17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

None taken LM Swiftslay. I didn't realize that I was stepping over a barrier with offering this information transparently. I will, again, gladly not do it again... and to assist in this one's not causing any more issues I have marked the video private on youtube so no one else should be able to find it.

I think that about wraps this whole whole thread up... cheers!

18. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

other community members already have full walkthroughs done both text and video on various other sites. The community has continued to degrade in many ways, it is quite sad but the world of gaming is very different now then it was 15 years ago...

19. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I'll try to answer your questions.

I'm sorry that I voiced an opinion. I shall throttle back even further on expressing myself.

20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Heck, I was the one who said put them in spoiler tags, but I'm also the one who liked this because when the tour guide said I needed to do PvP I was ready to skip the quest since I've too little experience with combat so far.
    So Duke Violation's post helped me out for one.
    I do understand people who don't want this though so although I liked it I posted above that it should be under spoiler tags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.