Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Explorer's Guild Quest guide *spoilers* and Deck/Combo assistance

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

I continue to hold to my statements from the past 8 weeks... there is no point anymore in doing good things for the community, regardless of a person's motivations to do them.

Apollyon9515 and Duke Violation like this.
  2. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I know how you feel, Frank. I was simply concerned that this was aiding players at the expense of development, something that might have been overlooked due to excitement/eagerness. (This was already addressed above by Violation and Lum indicating it is actually not very detailed.) I didn't realize that was contributing to the "degradation of the community." Please don't click on my signature - there be more awful things there!

Please do not throttle back.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I appreciated them!!

Duke Violation and TheMadHermit like this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

There is nothing wrong with the walk through and hints Violation posted. It did not detract from any development nor did we lose any data because of it. Thank you, please drive through.

5. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Offended?? @Duke Violation -?? I put a + on it. I didn't comment, but you always do a great job at showing and explaining!

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I didn't comment, but I had liked the OP.

I actually thought this was one of the best thing's you'd done. And you do a lot!

You can't win. I appreciated the video, but I appreciate more that you were trying to be sensitive to some of the community feedback you received. You can't always please everyone, I'm sure I'll be upset about something you do in the near future. ;) But remember you can't make people happy if you quit trying.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I love spoilers at this stage, its not like the game has actually launched......the whole point is to get people involved in the testing, if that means posting a walk-through does it really matter? Lets face if if you dont want to know then you dont have to read it.

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

TL;DR: I'll likely make more help videos in future releases but will leave this one offline as I didn't have enough warnings and clear enough "don't watch me" tags to turn people away who didn't want the content. Please let this thread die.

Np, thank you for what you do too!

I'm glad to hear that! And, the spoiler tag was a great suggestion. Had I thought of it as game content that was being spoiled I would have used it. I'm glad FireLotus reacted as quickly as she did and added those spoiler tags to help warn future people. Sorry for anyone who saw the content on accident.

Thanks for the feedback! :) Glad to hear.

Thanks! :)

Well said sir. I will possibly try again hearing the people that responded above you, including you, with positive. I figured people liked it but felt like I only saw negative and felt no reason to do something unwanted. I will still likely give it some time and find a way to offer an intro on my video that says it has spoiler type information. I'm going to leave the current video down as it doesn't have that warning in front of it and don't want the same unwanted experience via youtube users.

Some additional food for thought, after a nights (4 hours) rest...
    One of the big things on the wiki, for me, was that all in-game spoiler information have a warning on it. Some wikis don't do that. I've tried my best to make it easy and quick to identify those pages so you can leave. I do think my brother (Sciamano for those of you who don't know) has the best point out of all on that thought though: if you go looking then don't be shocked when you find. I think what Frank said sums this part up "I thought I'd find a quest guide, and I did. And that made me sad" (paraphrased)... I'm sorry finding what you thought you'd find was bad... I really thought I was clear with my title and I wasn't misleading people, I'm glad to see that was the case.

I'd like to respond to the thought of posting information late. This game is revolutionizing the industry. They're lettings us see things earlier than I have ever seen them in design and I love it. I love being part of the nitty gritty ugly stages that build up to the beautiful. Have any of you done a stroll down memory lane yet? I just looked through my 3000 screenshots from R3-R9 a week ago for header images on avatarscircle.com and was amazed at how much better the game already looks... let me start with saying the community projects should have the same slack cut for them. When I do something, if you provide feedback on how you want it changed, I'll try to change it that way to make it better. If you just say you don't like it that doesn't help me or anyone else. If people want something and I can give it to them I don't think it's polite to wait and give it to them 3 days after they needed or wanted it.

One thing this dev team is great at is micro edits. They don't wait three months to adjust... they see and adjust early to not waste time. THAT is what makes me believe in SotA above anything else currently in market or development. They're skilled and have an ability to see problems in six months and adjust today for it. They have so much experience they do it at an alarmingly good rate. I don't have that same experience so I'd even extend past the previous request and ask you cut me extra slack because my skill isn't up to theirs and I'm not doing this as my full time job.

Finally, my last request starts with my first intent. I want to help this community grow so... if you don't have something on topic to post (about the Tour Guides, the quest for the hat, the Explorer Guild quest, the card system, the combo system, the new combo UI, etc) then please do not post. Please understand that I have taken what everyone said to heart and I will do my best to grow from it. More of the same will only hurt the community as a whole and not help. Thank you all for your words of knowledge and encouragement and, as I said before, have a happy R10. Please don't let anything I do hinder your gameplay or experience. I'm always available via Private Conversation on this forum if you want to continue addressing any concerns that are brought up here and are off topic.

Cheers!

9. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

my comments about degradation are not because of walkthroughs or tutorials, but more about certain attitudes that have permeated the community and are encouraging ppl to do less for the community, no matter how well intentioned they were in what they did....

X

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I have to agree with the positive comments so far. I say do whatever you want Violation. There have been a lot of opinions in these forums expressed where people think that there way is the only way the game should be developed and played. I say tht flexibility is the key, there is no right or warong way. If someone wishes to post a video about how to do something in game, that's their prerogative and no one should insist on whether it is done or how it is used. I defend Violation's creation of the video and his intentions behind it. In fact I wish he didn't take it down because some people didn't feel it was beneficial to their belief that everyone should play he game in the dark.

11. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

I missed the first thing but I'd like to say a big thanks for posting this. I doubt I do the quest because I'm lazy but I bet it will help out a lot of people so once again THANKS!

To the rest of you cry babies if you don't like it don't read the dang post. I swear this forum has more crybabies than anywhere else I ever been.

PS thanks Duke ;)

12. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

No need to throttle back Frank. I have always been happy to listen to what you have had to say, from days past and still do. This is why I had posted my comments in a neutral, not directed at any specific person. There is absolutely no reason to throttle back or for your voice to be silent.
    Any question asked, was not actual questions for any person to answer, it was a post to say exactly what it said "if it says spoiler and one does not want spoilers, do not click it". Any question asked there-in was one a person asks but no answer is meant to be given (there is a word for that)

13. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Great job Duke Violation. It's a shame that people over-reacting to your effort and good will in the wrong way. A simple constructive criticism of, "You should put a spoiler warning" would have been sufficient. Just consider this part of the learning process and post any future videos with largely worded signs warning people that this video may provide a spoiler and that they should only continue at their own risk.

14. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Thanks, Amber.
    Rhetorical.

15. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

I miss ya dude.... i find there are very few good ppl in the community who are vocal about anything lately...

16. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I appreciate you putting this video together Violation. It helped me and my brother obtain the port_musketeer_hat_01. I hope you continue to do these videos for further releases.

TheMadHermit, Koldar, Mata and 3 others like this.
  17. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Even though it's slightly off-topic this seems like the best thread to ask this in: Is the hat permanent? I mean is it going to be bound to our account and after wipes we'll still have it or is it pretty much just for this Release? Anyone know?

TheMadHermit likes this.
  18. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

I think I read that it's acct bound and should stick to your acct from here on out.

Hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone ;)

TheMadHermit and Amberraine like this.
  19. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Yes, it will go through with us into the full release of the game. Each release a new hat, that we keep forever (or until we give them away - the giving away is my own take on it, DLMB). This was posted by a dev, I believe I know which one, but uncertain to who said it originally.

*no spoilers given, this information was previously released*

TheMadHermit and Apollyon9515 like this.
  20. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

From Darkstarr:
    The quest will be in future releases but the hat will be different. You will not have access to THIS hat until the system to sync your backer rewards with your in-game avatar is available. Currently the DLMB target is by end of year.

TheMadHermit, Koldar and Amberraine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.