Fast travel ?

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Makoki123, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Hi there again avatars, i would like to know if there exist some kind of fast travel ( or something similar ) in SotA. ?
    Cause i found it´s not realy funny if i´m in, let´s say Spite in the north and have to move to Desolis more in the south, i´ve to cross Vauban Pass which is a tier 5 aventures area where i allways get killed imigantly.
    Till now i didn´t sind any other way to avoid that.
    Is this for purpose so, or is there some trick i ignore ?
    But by the way, i like the way how one moves around ( besides the problem i explaind before) on the novia map a lot, didn´t dee that in any other game.
    Have an nice weekend in novia...or elsewhere! :D:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    majoria70 likes this.
  2. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Hey there welcome to SotA! the only form of fast travel is using recall scrolls which can be found on player vendors or merchants and coconuts which you can get at owels head if you equip them you have the ability of running faster on the overland map.Also if you have a house you can bind to that spot so as to not having to run all the way, i hope i helped in answering your question and i hope you enjoy your time in new Brittania!:D ah yes and lunar rifts sorry

Makoki123 likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

1. Lunar Rifts are found throughout the land and their destination changes based on the phases of the moon.
    2. Make friends and use a teleport scroll to join them in their current scene.
    3. Use a recall scroll to return home to your lot or a town crier that you've bound to.
    4. Using a coconut set as a mount aka Monty Python style can usually get you through passes without dying.
    5. Training the dash and sprint skills can also help you out pace most enemies.

Beaumaris, Kara Brae and Makoki123 like this.
  4. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Yes, thanks for your answer and explain, even if it didn´t help me in all, i still have no house ( and by the prices i think i wiil never reach to get one ) and i allready tryed that with the recall rolls, but it didn´t work out, ther was a message dicribing the problem which i can´t remember ... right now, comming from Ardoris i´m trying to get back to Highvale, but it seems impossible...:(

rpgmaniac82 likes this.
  5. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Still havn´t tryed that with the coconut set, i´ll try that at the next pass.
    Thanks for your answer and explain!

6. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Try finding people or making friends also so you can teleport to them whereever they are.
    You can also use town criers they bind you to that spot.

Makoki123 likes this.
  7. Curt

Curt Avatar

Currently level 51.
    To go from Ardoris to highvale i would first check the state of the moon if its in the first quarter the lunar rift will take you to highvale
    Else i would past brightbone pass its a tier 5 that's actually not that hard due to few mobs.
    Then its nightshade pass (tier 3) a long pass but less dangerous monsters.

As far recall scrolls select one town crier.

Makoki123 likes this.
  8. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Thanks for your answer an explain, i´ll takre a thought about how to go where i want. dhuerly it´s the first time i heard about that thing with the moon...i dont even know how or where to look at that.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @Makoki123 and welcome to the game. Our fast travel is our friends list at the moment. You have to be in the same mode to travel to someone. You don't travel to them just the scene they are in unless they are on the overworld map. Please friend majoria as your first contact. Our system is hopefully a place holder to a better system later but devs don't have time to fix it now so they say this is it. Drag your teleport scrolls and recall scroll bar to your utility bar. You can talk to any town crier to bind to a town. Also if you want a free place to stay contact majoria in game. I happily offer free rooms to players. This will give you time to decide what you want to do later such as play the raffle for your own deed, buy a bundle, or buy from another player with in game gold. There are ways to get your own place ingame. It takes a little time is all. I am very happy to help any time I promise. Your own room set as guest/tenant in the lot stone gives you access to your very own room where you can can decorate and place chests to store your items. I can't pick up your things that you place or open your chests or trunks and vice versa.

Makoki123 likes this.
  10. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Thanks a lot for your nice offer majoria, next time i´m in game i´ll try to find you, even if i still don´t know how to do that. :D
    I have to say this game seems to have a very nice and friendly community, it´s a real pleasure for a change, cause most of games community is pretty toxic, but here one feels he/she seems to be realy welcome.
    I will keep on trying to learn how to come clear up to SotA, it deserves it i think.
    But right now i´ve things to do in the other world.
    See ya next time ingame, hopefully! :);)

11. Curt

Curt Avatar

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Lunar_Rift
    Shows the info where lunar rifts goes and when.

Below the compass on your screen is one line
    Wednesday May 4, Spring 536 PC, midnight full moon light clouds calm

So there you see the current state of the moon think about the lunar rifts as buss stations visiting during a full moon takes you to Owl's Head in the hidden vale.
    waiting at most 8 mins 45 seconds and it instead takes you to westend

Makoki123 and rpgmaniac82 like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You are very welcome. I am in game now and will be on much later since I have a family party today for a few hours too. I look forward to seeing you in game.

Makoki123 likes this.
  13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Makoki123 feel free to add me as a friend in game: Cordelayne Valkaris :)

Makoki123 likes this.
  14. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer and explain, didn´t know nothing of all this before. Thank you!

15. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Hy, i forgot to mention, my inGame name is Makoki Whatsup. :D;)

16. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Hy, i forgot to mention, my inGame name is Makoki Whatsup. :D;)

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.