Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fatal Shoreline

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Bedawyn, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Title: Fatal Shoreline
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? No
    Details:

I was too busy trying to resurrect before the timer ran out to get the location details, but there's some sort of problem on the eastern shoreline of Ardoris. I was exploring out there -- the aquaduct has some collision issues too, got almost stuck trying to go through a beautiful arch, but was finally able to get out by jumping backward. When I was ready to head back, going overland would have meant walking all the way around behind the palace again and it was late, so I decided to just swim back to where I could catch a boat home.

But the moment I hit the water, I was dead. No warning at all, no explanation for why -- I've survived falls into water before, and this wasn't even a fall -- I couldn't have been more than a meter above the waterline, if that, and it wasn't steep enough to be a fall anyway, more of a controlled skitter down. Even in real life, with my bad ankles, I could have managed that slope easily. It shouldn't have been remotely dangerous. There were places along the shore that were steeper, but I intentionally picked what should have been an easy route down.

To top it off, there were no resurrection ankhs visible anywhere on the compass or by beacon. I figured the Students of Virtue had plenty of ankhs, so I headed there, but couldn't get up a ladder to exit the water while ghosted. Only lag saved me from the timer running out, and even with that, I only had a few seconds left before an ankh even became visible (not at the Students' temple, but at Sequanna).

As an explorer and rock climber, I expect to occasionally die through rough terrain. But not in rolling hills and calm waters, when I'm barely above sea level, with no explanation for why I'm dead or way to resurrect.

Steps to Reproduce: ? No idea what caused it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.