Favorite / most profitable a ways you make coin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedEyeZz, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

So, I'm curious if people are willing to share their ways of making coin in the game?

Post some of your favorite things to craft and where you tend to sell your wares at.

Post some of the resources you love collecting to turn a profit and where you tend to collect them.

Post some of your favorite hunting spots where you can turn a nice profit after slaying some mobs. ( don't worry there is privet and party mode, I won't be in your way )

Post some of your off the wall ways you randomly score extra coin.

I get this question a lot from new players, maybe some will stumble in on this thread and see some great ideas on how to turn a nice profit. I'll also be taking notes and learning a thing or 2. Thanks Avatars!!!!!

K1000, Spinok and Boris Mondragon like this.
  2. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Kill monsters and sell the loot

3. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

Try to keep the trolling to yourself.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Get access to a player vendor and sell to other players, sell loot, or find a unique shop that sells well and advertise it. The only other way I can think of is to sell off assets from stretch goals rewards, pledge or bundle rewards, lot deeds, houses you crafted etc. It takes time and trial and error sometimes to see what sells. I'm not rich in game. I do spend it as fast as I get it, but just some suggestions.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I like to send people to my guide. Looks like I need to update a few prices due to COTO changes but it's still pretty up to date (I updated it when granite went through the roof).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1343116186

I don't do much flipping of items anymore, so that's wide open even on the PV's near me. Now I mostly just craft and sell stuff. Patience is a virtue here.

@stealth2 is right though. Killing monsters and getting their stuff is pretty lucrative now. The key hump new players need to get over is to learn where to sell what. It's not obvious what is trash and what is worth a lot. See above guide for timeless knowledge there.

The other key is to watch your gold, there's a ton of stuff to buy in game and it's easy to have a fat purse, then walk through a market town and have no coin on the other side. If you have a goal of something you're saving for, don't buy anything that isn't making you more gold until you nail that goal.

One thing that isn't in that guide, because I didn't know how to do it properly at the time, is that low end gear is worth making and selling, provided you put it in the new player area. We don't have a presence in Ardoris area right now, so that's a wide open location (unless you find someone else that is doing this) for some iron two handed swords, and copper warhammers, etc. An Iron Halberd +2 will get a new player a long way into the game without having to pay the steep +6 price.

But that's a tough one on the public vendor.

Mishikal, Boris Mondragon and Jaesun like this.
  6. Vero

Vero Avatar

Same here! Loot, loot loot, sell, sell, sell ;)

7. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

??? I'm serious.

There are also ways you can save money - crafting your own items for instance. With enough crafting experience you can apply useful buffs to your harvesting tools, too.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That is actually a valid answer.

That being said: selling ressources is what i do. Works good.

9. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

i hunt at Crafters town , buy low sell high :)

Elwyn and Boris Mondragon like this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I have a seller with loads of recipes and artifacts for a low price at Soryn Fields. hint hint.

Jaesun, Boris Mondragon and Sentinel2 like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Play the game, not to make a "Profit" but to play.

It is E A S Y to get enough gold to maintain any play style just playing the game and selling stuff you do not want to use as resource for your supplies. With that you can make stuff or buy stuff you need. One does not need 500,000 gold to survive and enjoy.

You even get free houses for just playing the game now so there is not real need to even pay for that.

Can you make your life easier with a little more money, sure. But it will take a little effort ( and I mean a very little effort ) like finding the vendor who will pay the most for your items you want to sell, Spend a little more time looting E V E R Y T H I N G and sorting thru it intelligently other than just running to nearest vendor and selling it off.

Figure out which play style B E S T supports your needs. Do you need to Mine more? Cut more wood? Kill more slimes? Kill more corpions?

Sorry but when you stop trying to game the play for "profit" you will profit more from the game.

There are enough threads here, in Player created resources, new player guides, . . . . that explain how to make money, earn a house, earn exp, . . . . .

12. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Sell to the tag match vendors (see my sig for wiki link) to sell gear etc for more if you want to sell stuff to NPC vendors. A commission free vendor keeps more in your pocket if selling to players and are cheaper than ever in crown store. Trading is a pretty viable profession (particularly given the absence of a centralized auction house) if you get to know the market towns, but you’ve got to get a vendor out there visible with a lot of foot traffic to do well, just like real life.

13. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Probably the best way to make in game gold.. spend real cash for virtual coins..

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I sell monster loot for alot of money. Sometimes i harvest cotton for beetle carapaces worth a fortune.

Ive sold sheet music in game for substantial ammounts of money

15. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I make around 6k in the rise per 45 min. 45 is about where I attenuate. I sell everything except artifacts, those I horde.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

One thing that I definately don't want is to turn SotA into a second job, so I just don't worry about getting gold coin. I get plenty of it through normal play.

17. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Lately I've been attenuating at Ruined Keep. 6-10k in gems and 3-5k equipment + usually some arties, torc stuff or recipes. As a new player I marked all the cotton bushes on a printed out map of the west coast shardfall island (cant remember the name) and sold beetles exclusively. Most of the mobs you can avoid or run by when you're low level. :) theres also lots of trees and some ore/reagents there and by the time you do a circle around island everything typically respawns. Haven't b3en there in awhile though.

18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I wont tell you were I farm as there is always plenty of people there.

I raised blacksmith enough to make my own gear and swords. There are plenty of top level crafters out there that will enchant and masterwork your gear so just tip them in gold and silver ingots and their door will always be open to you. Farm mats they need and junk you get off mobs and you can level and make lots of gold at same time.

With the new upcoming crafting specialties the demand for mats and their prices will grow as many crafters will want to stock and build a hefty reserve of certain mats.

Place a commission free vendor in a market town and you can’t go wrong, I make a respectable 1 million plus igg per month while leveling doing a continuous run of my favorite farming spot. Please be courteous and don’t linger in the same spot if there are others there as this dual wield swords will be forced to do continuous Meteor Showers and Multi Shot to encourage you to scoot along then switch back to swords after you leave frustrated. “Grins”. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

CatherineRose likes this.
  19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Its depends of build and adv level, if you will provide this info I think I can say where I would go in this situation.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  20. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

As a new player I also filled lots of buy orders for mats I could farm on my own. Wood, obsidian chips, ore, etc. Check player vendors at the entrances of the main bustling pot's (brittmart, novia market, crafters town, new heaven etc) , they are always buying. Work your way up to a commission free vendor and more doors will open.

Boris Mondragon and Dhanas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.